• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokédex Completion Thread

Merula

I completed my living dex with out the upcoming event pokemon but with a bit patients I can get them the only one I need are diancie and vulcanion. so who can help me?

I've given myself a Gen VI (pentagon) only Living Dex challenge to complete over the summer, between work, revision, reading, etc. I figure it'll take about two weeks, and I'll be getting AS and Y simply to catch exclusives! Can't wait!

...going to have to wait for the events for this year to finish up first before its completion, though...

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
I completed the National Dex in AS! It feels great!

Now I'm doing the Living Dex and taking my time. I won't be able to 100% until December due to how the event Pokemon are being handle. I hope they have an event for Volcanion real soon.

Shadow XD001

Completing the Dex has been made increasingly easier with Pokemon Bank. I finished the Dex in both of my Gen 6 games, X and AlphaSapphire. Also managed to finish the Dex in Black.

householder468

I've been working on completing a live dex for the first time. So far it's been going well. The exclusive event Pokemon where you have to go somewhere are where I'm gonna have a hard time though. Like it's awesome that they're giving away these legendaries, I just wish they were all over the wifi, or that my town would decide building a GameStop was a necessity for life haha I want darkrai, arceus and genesect so bad! Lol

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
a friend of mine told me to make a living Dex, and since I have nothing better to do, that's how I've spent the last couple of days

narrowed my list from ~170 to 22, so I've been making good progress, though these friendship evolutions are going to kill me

Psychic

Really and truly
I am a huge nerd about Pokédex completion! I have a few games where I have been aiming to complete the Pokedex, so here is what my progress looks like there:

Pokémon Yellow: Complete!
Pokémon Silver and Crystal: Complete! (but lost both my save files)
Pokémon Sapphire: 291
Pokémon SoulSilver: 461
Pokémon White 2: Complete!
Pokémon Y: Complete! Including a Living Pokédex!

Gen 3 has definitely been the most challenging to complete, if only because the only gen 3 games I had were Sapphire, Colosseum and XD for the longest time. My friend did let me borrow his LeafGreen, though, so now I have access to lots of new 'mon, plus Ditto for breeding (thank goodness)!

~Psychic

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I completed the National Dex in X about two years ago, barring the event legendaries, but there weren't many. I was just missing Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Meoletta. I think that was all that was revealed at the time. I don't remember if Diancie was revealed or not, but I'm not missing many. Single digits I know.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm basically just waiting on the Mythical Events in order to nearly complete my Gen 6 dex. Unfortunately, unless Hoopa is released again(Because there was no event for it in Canada outside the McDonalds thing which you couldn't actually get in Canadian McDonalds), I wont be able to complete it fully. Of course there's also the issue with Volcanion; waiting for an event for it to hit.

I've got a near living dex too, mostly missing the remaining Mythicals and a few other Pokemon here and there that I haven't gotten around to re catching/breeding.

I'll probably wait for Sun and Moon and just Pokebank everything to Moon and catch whatever is missing.

I am grateful for the Mythical Events this year, as it'll be the first time I got pretty much any of them.

greydeathangel

haven't completed any full pokedex. I've been playing since second gen, and it's about time I went and did it....
currently I have all the non-legendaries in 6th gen, just need to evolve and breed them.
the real issue will be to acquire the "Legendary" pokes.
missing = Zapdos, Mew, Regirock, Regice, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Virizon, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.

I'm going to do it this generation so that i'd have an easier time with seventh generation.

I'm still waiting for Keldeo, Genesect, and Volcanion for my X and Alpha Sapphire games because I've lost Keldo and Genesect when my previous Black 2 game got chewed up by the dog and Volcanion is the only Pokemon that hasn't been released yet.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well I just got Arceus thanks to the 20th Anniversary event and now my living dex has 720 different pokémon in it! Looks like I'm all set until October, and then I'll have my work cut out for me come November 18th.

Nockturne

I've kinda never been bothered about completing the dex because I've always felt like it was impossible due to event locked Pokemon like Mew etc. But then with them being given away throughout the year and with how many random Pokemon I have accrued over the years + how many you can catch in the Gen 6 games I was inspired to actually give it ago.

It was only the other week actually when I finally sat myself down and started working towards it, and after about a week or so I'd done it. Well done its sans Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect (I didn't realise they didn't really count either so that was a nice surprise) but I'm gonna have those all the by end of the year. I went through it Gen by Gen because that made the most sense and I was actually suprised at how few Pokemon there are in some Gen's. Especially Gen 2, I've never really notced till I looked at it in the ORAS dex where it shows it so clearly.

Of course Sun and Moon drops in November so I'm gonna just miss out on completing my dex easily since I'm gonna have to hoover up all the Alola Pokemon. But I've done the living dex (literally just learned that term reading this thread) thing so it should be no bother really. It was cool to finally fill my bedroom shelf in Pokemon X.

Out of interest did anyone have any problems obtaining certain Pokemon?

With the event legends now being so easy the two I struggled the most with were Kingdra and Gorebyss of all things.

Oh and I did use the Ditto glitch to finally complete my Pokedex on my eShop version of Pokemon Red, but I'm guessing we're not counting that :D

Lumdrop

I've finished every generation since the original Red version actually! Only one game dex per generation though.
When Ruby came out I completed the entire pokedex and every new gen I'd buy one of the games, transfer all my old pokes and complete the new national dex.
It's nice having that headstart ahaha. I've still got pokemon that I caught waaay back on my GBA Ruby version and a few of them (like the Exeggutor I went through hell breeding Ancient Power into) are still sorta sentimental to me lmao.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I've completed the National Pokédex on Alpha Sapphire, minus Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. I tried to complete the Kalos Dex on my first playthrough of Y, but I think I got fed up with trying to find Chatot...kind of ironic, since most of the Pokémon I ran into on Route 12 while training for the Shalour Gym on my current playthrough were Chatot.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
This thread reminded me of my blog I started before X and Y were released. When X and Y were first announced, I saw a lot of people planning to play through their old games again. I decided to play through all of mine and actually complete my pokedex. I worked my way through gen 3, 4 and 5 catching everything I could, reliving the stories of the games, and transferring pokemon in order to complete my Pokedex in White 2. I recorded my progress in my blog,

http://kylespokedexquest.blogspot.com/

I actualy managed to complete the national dex right before I picked up my copies of X and Y. It didn't take me long to complete them and as soon as Bank was released, I completed the national dex again. My current project has been updating my living pokedex in Bank by replacing all my pokemon with Kalos/Hoenn born pokemon that are all bred competitively. I considered picking the blog back up, but haven't found the time.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I have completed the National Dex in Y and Omega Ruby so far. I'm currently completing the Nat Dex in X (I've barely started) and I've haven't completed any Dexes in older games because of how the GTS worked back then and lesser accessibility to other players.

Kennith

Banned
The only games that I consider completing the national dex for is the ones with the Shiny Charm in them. A diploma in past games doesn't really feel special in my opinion.

Dr. Eeviil

Right now, I've got a living pokedex with 718 in it. I've got a Hoopa, I just need a Meleotta, Volcanion and Diancie. Most of the normal ones are from either my Y or OR games, or ones that I've traded forward from older game. All the way from Emerald in a couple of cases, I've got the certificate in my Secret Base for having an Emerald Kyogre.

Way back in the 90's, at one time I had 3 GBColors, Red, Green & 3 different Yellow carts, so I finished that PokeDex. But I had to GameShark a Mew. I completed the Silver/Crystal 'dex too. But after that I don't think I fully completed one until just recently. I've actually still got my original Yellow cartridge, but the battery died long ago so the save was wiped.

As a side effect of having traded so much to complete my 'dex, I've got 3 boxes full of pokemon with different trainer IDs on my OR game. When I play the Lotto, it's a rare day that I don't get at least a PP UP, and I've got a couple dozen PP Maxes. Only ever got 1 Master Ball though.