• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokémon Battle Trozei Questions Thread

I doubt it has to be SE support, but I can't check right now. As for possible clues about Arcanine/Aurorus/Dragalge/Malamar/Noivern, I know I managed to get Gourgeist with a flawless 36 combo on Pumpkaboo. Could be related to at least Arcanine because its in the same level?

Silversea

Shaymin sky always instantly attacks for me. Literally just as the picture completes it gets the red border with the orange "Attack" text.

Odd, I was trying to time it to see how quick it was at attacking. The way I did it managed to work so unless I'm super lucky there must be some method.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
From what I can tell you need to have 6 nearly lined up with the Flinching ability plus another group of three quickly afterwards to get into Trozei mode. Just setting this up is really hard. Haven't been successful myself as I can never get enough of the flinching ones lined up while doing the regular Shaymin. Regular Shaymin also OHKOs you if you're slow enough to let it attack btw.

On another note, no Support Pokemon and KOing Garchomp with Delibird also had Shaymin come up. Probably just KO Garchomp with SE Move and 60% completion then.

EDIT: Nvm the flinch part, for some reason I thought it worked when you match. Still matching 6 as it spawns to flinch may still be helpful

Last edited:

Silversea

Trozei chance does not stop a pokemon from attacking. If the attack sequence has been initiated it cannot be stopped unless you break a combo and kill it (which interrupts the game) or flinch it.

I am tempted to try matching a 3 for flinch attack, breaking the combo at 1 to see if that flinches it mid-attack.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Trozei chance does not stop a pokemon from attacking. If the attack sequence has been initiated it cannot be stopped unless you break a combo and kill it (which interrupts the game) or flinch it.

I am tempted to try matching a 3 for flinch attack, breaking the combo at 1 to see if that flinches it mid-attack.

It does.

Also, if your Box Walls are broken when a Pokemon appears that instantly Attacks, instead of Attacking the Pokemon goes into the Trozei Box, which is a rather bizarre way to prevent Damage (especially with Skymin).

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
I have no idea how I did it, but I now managed to unlock Arcanine! Didn't really do anything different from last time, though? Maybe I got a higher score?

Used Growlithe as support, caught both Talonflames with 6x Carbink, 62 combo. 62% dex completion, too, though I doubt it'd matter for someone like Arcanine.

EDIT: Also unlocked Noivern using Noibat as support, though again I have tried that before... got a 50-something combo on Hawlucha with 6x Togepi, and that did the job.
This game is so confusing...

EDIT #2: And Aurorus was also unlocked, simply by using Amaura as support and getting a 40-ish flawless super effective combo on Amaura... And again, I already tried that previously... Could these really also be affected by Pokédex completion?

EDIT #3: Also, for a completely new question... Is there any way for a Pokémon to lose their friendliness?

Last edited:
So I just had to use the Pre-evos? Figures :p I know I tried using Tyrunt and Tyrantrum originally on Amaura but it didn't work. The combos you got are similar to fine, so I'm pretty sure its the pre-evo supports

Eevee918

<--Magic Bounce
PROBLEM POKÉMON (NEED RESEARCH/CONFIRMED UNLOCK METHOD)

- Arcanine -
Used Growlithe as support, caught both Talonflames with 6x Carbink, 62 combo. 62% dex completion, too, though I doubt it'd matter for someone like Arcanine.
- Shaymin - 60% dex completion and super effective support
- Aurorus -
EDIT #2: And Aurorus was also unlocked, simply by using Amaura as support and getting a 40-ish flawless super effective combo on Amaura... And again, I already tried that previously... Could these really also be affected by Pokédex completion?
- Noivern -
EDIT: Also unlocked Noivern using Noibat as support, though again I have tried that before... got a 50-something combo on Hawlucha with 6x Togepi, and that did the job.
This game is so confusing...
- Meloetta
- Genesect -
With a score of 40,000 and a flawless but poor-ish combo of 44 (about 5300 damage) on Victini (super effective), genesect appeared for me.

YAY!!!!! More figured out, all that remains is one :)

I have no idea how I did it, but I now managed to unlock Arcanine! Didn't really do anything different from last time, though? Maybe I got a higher score?

EDIT #3: Also, for a completely new question... Is there any way for a Pokémon to lose their friendliness?

I don't think they can... I've not used my Quilladin in ages and it's still friendly :p

Silversea

Got shaymin sky...literally kept at it and it just didn't attack finally. The good news (other than capturing it) is that I kind of stumbled trying to make the first match. So you don't need hyper fast matching skills.

Took it out with a combo of something less than 10, a bit of a pushover in that respect.

Axel.

With a score of 40,000 and a flawless but poor-ish combo of 44 (about 5300 damage) on Victini (super effective), genesect appeared for me.

OH MY GOD.

I had a 40+ combo with Honchkrow and did 14k damage to Victini and Genesect still didn't appear.

Axel.

There's also another requirement for growlithe, because I just captured both Talonflames with a combo of 68 and did over 12k to each of them and didn't get Arcanine. I think I have to beat the game first so I'll just go ahead and beat it.

Eevee918

<--Magic Bounce
There's also another requirement for growlithe, because I just captured both Talonflames with a combo of 68 and did over 12k to each of them and didn't get Arcanine. I think I have to beat the game first so I'll just go ahead and beat it.

Did you capture them with a scatter attack? Also... A lot of stuff didn't show up until I beat the game too :p

Eevee918

<--Magic Bounce
K, one question. How do I unlock 10-6? Is it Flawless Zygarde?

so it was figured out before I could come back to report... I found out about the pre-evo thing..... >_< any other things that are troublesome? also I got shaymin sky form second try o-o is it really that hard?