• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokémon Generation V Club

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I'd like to join. While the fifth gen is not my favorite I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It's just a lot of the Pokemon didn't really appeal to me. The same thing happened to me in fourth gen. My favorite Pokemon in Unova have to be Bisharp and Samurott. I always have those two on me most of the time. Oh, I also have a Braviary that I named America. Come on, a red, white, and blue eagle? They were asking for it!

Torpoleon

You're in Shadow Lucario!

Since name changes are now allowed on the forums, when you guys have your name changed, be sure to tell me, so I can change the member list.

America is a pretty good name for a Braviary. I'll be using one in White 2 and was actually also thinking about naming mine America! Speaking of B2W2, we might get info on it tonight. If not, there's CoroCoro in a few days and next week's Pokémon Smash has a battle between Black Kyurem & White Kyurem.

Oh and Pokémon & Nobunaga's Ambition will get localized and in the US is called Pokémon Conquest. Game comes out in the US on June 18, 2012. No other release dates have been revealed. Anyone getting it?

[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/8e/Pok%C3%A9mon_Conquest_box_art.jpg/250px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Conquest_box_art.jpg[/IMG139]
Boxart is the same as Japan except for the logo, ESRB and WiFi-Connection Logo placement.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I'm not too big on Pokemon Conquest. It's not my type of game. Really looking forward to BW2 though. I hope we get some characters or a little story info. There's supposed to be a lot of information in Coro Coro so I hope it's something that will spark my interest even more.

Torpoleon

Eh, yeah. At first I was thinking about Conquest, but there are tons of other games I want. Gotta make sure I can get White 2 the day it comes out (which shouldn't be a problem because I have $90 and will probably have around $200 soon). Looks pretty cool, but when it comes to spin-offs, I'd definitely get a Generation V PMD or Ranger game.

Oh, and I might get PokéPark 2 soon. Has anyone played it? Is it definitely something I should get?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I haven't played it myself, but my friend says it's good. Again, not my type of game so I never really looked into it. I'm surprised they haven't announced a PMD or Ranger game yet. Maybe we won't get one this gen.

Torpoleon

I hope PMD & Ranger weren't replaced by Rumble & PokéPark, though chances are this generation will end in Japan either in 2013 or 2014, so there is still some time. I do hope we get at least one of them (PMD or Ranger, preferably the former) before the end of the year. After B2W2, there isn't anything for Japan.

I'm probably going to get Pokemon Conquest when it's out. It looks fun and interesting, and the Japanese webcomic/manga is pretty hilarious.

I'm definitely disappointed that we most likely won't be getting any PMD this gen... I really love that spin-off series. Hopefully they manage to find time to squeeze in one more Gen V Pokemon game before the next Gen comes rolling around.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I hope PMD & Ranger weren't replaced by Rumble & PokéPark, though chances are this generation will end in Japan either in 2013 or 2014, so there is still some time. I do hope we get at least one of them (PMD or Ranger, preferably the former) before the end of the year. After B2W2, there isn't anything for Japan.
To be honest, I'm glad if they were. While I have nothing against people liking the games, cos I'm sure they were fine and all, I just never could get into either of them. As a 13 year old kid who was still enthusiastic about video games and all that fun stuff, I just never really wanted either. I had PMD, and I played through it a little, but I never really played more after beating it. And I saw people playing Ranger, and I never really cared. Rumble is a pretty good game, and Pokepark is way underrated (2 that is; 1 is exactly where it should be).

Anyways, as for Conquest, I probably will get it, although if B2W2 get an official drop date and it's near the time, I'll probably hold off on it. Conquest, originally, seemed a bit not my taste, but it's grown on me enough to seriously consider it. I seriously love the art too!

I'm definitely disappointed that we most likely won't be getting any PMD this gen... I really love that spin-off series. Hopefully they manage to find time to squeeze in one more Gen V Pokemon game before the next Gen comes rolling around.
One more PMD game? Or one more Gen V in general? If it's the latter, don't worry. They will. Gen V is expected to have at least a 3 year life span, since the anime coincides with the generation, and they officially announced that Best Wishes (or Pokemon Black and White in America) will have at least a 3 year lifespan. So no worries about the latter.

If it's the former, sorry. I don't agree. :( For you PMD fans, I hope it will, but I'd rather them focus their efforts on something else more... Something better. But that's just me, if they put out another PMD game, I'll look into it to see if they have improvements.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

By an official release date for B2W2, do you mean the Japanese one or the international one? If it's the international one, you probably wont have to worry. The US release of Conquest comes 3-5 months before B2W2's international release.

Admittedly, while I do like this generation, it's missing some cool things Generation III & IV had. Some of the coolest spin-offs introduced in those games haven't been shown in Generation V yet (PMD, Ranger, Colosseum/XD, etc.) and for pete's sake, where the heck is the B2W2 news? We've known about the game since the end of February. If there is no news this month on the games (and I'm talking important and juicy stuff, not stuff like revealing a boxart (or showing off the boxarts long after we've already seen them), there's going to be some serious problems. Would also like to see a Snap sequel on the 3DS.

On the bright side, the animé seems to be doing very awesome. Hoping there is a filler saga next year. Movie 15 also looks really cool.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Looks like we have to wait until the 15th for the good stuff. No news today. Jut boxarts we've seen for the past month. This stuff better be good.

Torpoleon

CoroCoro usually leaks before then, so we'll probably get all CoroCoro news by the 12th. At this point, I'm seriously hoping these games do end up being sequels and aren't just the average third version games. If not, Game Freak would have been pretty much lying to us. Wouldn't be surprised if they are lying at this point. No screenshots and the game comes out in Japan in 2 months. Ugh, this is irritating.

So need to get Poke Park 2, does anyone if it's a good game?
Should B/W2 have the Kyreum forms?

Torpoleon

Looks fun, so I'll probably get it soon. People are saying it is a great game.

Of course B2W2 would have Black Kyurem & White Kyurem. I don't see how BW would though. When you battle BW with B2W2, it would probably show Black Kyurem & White Kyurem as regular Kyurem n the BW screen.

New topics:
Who is your favorite Generation V Event Legendary (includes Victini)?
Genesect because it looks really powerful and I like the idea of it having been changed by Team Plasma.

Who is your favorite BW Gym Leader?
Clay because he has a really cool team, though in the anime I prefer Skyla because her gym battle with Ash was awesome.

Who is your favorite Generation V starter (base, middle or final)?
I'll do them in order.
Base: Oshawott, Snivy & Tepig
Middle: Dewott, Pignite & Servine
Final: Samurott, Serperior & Emboar

Who is your favorite Generation V Legendary?
Zekrom. Looks really cool with electricity.

What is your favorite Generation V Legendary Trio/Quartet (Musketeers, Kami & Tao)?
The Kami Trio because they are really powerful and looked amazing in the anime.

[SPOILER="Animé spoilers]So, what do you guys think of the animé so far? I think it's doing really well. In the dub, we are close to Driftveil and Ash VS Clay looked awesome. Then after that is Ash VS Skyla which looks to be my favorite Unova GYm Battle of Ash's.

I'm also happy with his team, as long as Oshawott & Snivy evolve once before the 8th Gym. Then, Krokorok could evolve before the league and his team by the end of the league could be perfect.

Now for the Japanese version. I'm super excited for the stuff coming up. Ash's Swadloon evolves in the next episode and after that, we get a 2 parter at Twist Mountain with TRio. Hopefully after the second episode, we get a preview for future events thing that normally happens at the end of 2 parters. Then, right after the 2 parter, Tepig evolves in a battle against his former trainer (who now has an Emboar). Hoping Tepig learns Heat Crash & Arm Thrust.

Finally, we get Brycen at a Holy Mountain of Volcarona. I can see Alder and/or Luke appearing here as well. Luke likes making movies and Brycen used to be in the movie-making business.

Hopefully we get Ash VS Brycen soon and maybe Iris could get a Deino or something at Dragonspiral Tower. I have so many ideas for the end of Unova (and even some for a filler saga).[/SPOILER]

millarc3005

Born a legend!
Sorry for being inactive lately; i've been really caught up with school and stuff. Oh well, im glad to be back!

Anyway heres a summary of my pokemon white game: (I restarted it)

Relic Castle
Team: Scraggy Lv30 - Pignite Lv30 - Tranquill Lv30

What other pokemon should I add?

Torpoleon

Sorry for being inactive lately; i've been really caught up with school and stuff. Oh well, im glad to be back!

Relic Castle

You should definitely have a Water & Grass Type, so how about Jellicent, Carracosta or Seismitoad for a Water Type and for Grass Types, how about Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, Sawsbuck or Leavanny? Not sure about a 6th spot. Eelektross and Haxorus are awesome though.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Hey all! My podcast, StriatonRadio, is hosting a Wi-Fi tournament! It's very similar to the International Challenge, so if any of you are interested, give the podcast (and the website) a look!

And now to answer some of the topics. :)

Who is your favorite Generation V Event Legendary (includes Victini)?
644.png
&
494.png

Zekrom and Victini. Zekrom definitely makes Top 5 on my favorite Legendaries list, whilst Victini is soooo cute. How could it not be?

Who is your favorite BW Gym Leader?
VSSkyla.png

So far? Probably.... I guess Skyla, solely because she actually TRIED something different (misguided as it was).

Who is your favorite Generation V starter (base, middle or final)?
498.png
-->
499.png
-->
500.png

Tepig's evolutionary line all the way!

Who is your favorite Generation V Legendary?
642.png

Thundurus is my favorite of all Legendaries. I honestly have no clue why. He's just so cool.

What is your favorite Generation V Legendary Trio/Quartet (Musketeers, Kami & Tao)?
638.png
639.png
640.png

The Muskedeer are baller. I love that they're based off the actual Three Musketeers!

Relic Castle

You should definitely have a Water & Grass Type, so how about Jellicent, Carracosta or Seismitoad for a Water Type and for Grass Types, how about Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, Sawsbuck or Leavanny? Not sure about a 6th spot. Eelektross and Haxorus are awesome though.
I'm going to agree with Torpoleon here. If you don't have a particular bias towards Archeops, Carracosta would be an awesome addition. Grass is ehh. I'd personally say maybe Electric, although Sawsbuck or Ferro are good options. Haxorus is also pretty cool. Maybe a Beartic, or Vanilluxe as well? Golurk could replace Tranquill as your flyer, being better defensively and offensively.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Favorite Gen 5 event Legendary

Meloetta. Based entirely on looks

Favorite Gym Leader

If I had to choose, it'd be Elesa. As much as I dislike roller coasters in real life, riding around her gym looks like fun.

Favorite starter

Oshawott ---> Dewott ---> Samurott. Specifically Dewott It looks cute, and I like that it wields two shell swords. xD

Favorite Legendary

Again, the musical Meloetta. Specifically the Aria form.

Torpoleon

There was a ton of B2W2 info revealed yesterday (finally), though I don't know if we should talk about this stuff because an announcement in the club section says to not make B2W2 clubs and talking about it here might be breaking that announcement. At least we probably only have to wait until the game's Japanese release on June 23, 2012. On the bright side, the game does look amazing.

Anyways, at least we now know Meloetta's Piroutte Form is revealed. Too bad it keeps on getting the shaft because when the Aria form was revealed, that was when B2W2 was first revealed and with the Piroutte form, it is when we get our first real B2W2 info. To make matters even worse for Meloetta, it is only appearing a special over the summer. I guess this shows that Generation V will probably end next year.

By the way, Pokémon & Nobunaga's Ambition has been rated for Australia, obviously under the Japanese name. I'd say an Australian Release is imminent and likely a European one as well if Australia gets it.

New topics:
Who is your favorite BW Elite Four Member?
Marshal. He's really powerful, with a good team.

What is your favorite TM in BW?
Scald is really cool because it is a strong Water move that has a possibility to burn the foe.

What is your favorite HM in BW?
Fly. I like being able to fly to towns/cities with ease.

Who do you prefer, Cheren or Bianca?
Design-wise, I like Bianca better, though Cheren's team is much more powerful.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Anyways, at least we now know Meloetta's Piroutte Form is revealed. Too bad it keeps on getting the shaft because when the Aria form was revealed, that was when B2W2 was first revealed and with the Piroutte form, it is when we get our first real B2W2 info. To make matters even worse for Meloetta, it is only appearing a special over the summer. I guess this shows that Generation V will probably end next year.
I thought an official statement was posted stating that Gen V was going to last 3 years? It was sourced and everything, I just can't remember if it was on this thread that I found it.