• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokémon Harbor Patrol! (776)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Maybe Jessie's Woobat is confirmed to have Hidden Power Fire? When Pikachu dodged multiple Hidden Powers, one of them hit the power generator and set it on fire.

No. Everything explodes in the anime. Even Razor Leaf for some reason.

It took them 776 episodes, but Team Rocket has finally learned how to dodge Pikachu thunderbolt. That scene made my day. :')

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was an okay episode. A bit disappointed Oshawott had no interest in evolving into Dewott.

NPT

Just a member
I thought that this was an okay episode. At the beginning Ash and co. were talking about the time when they were in PokéStar Studio of Virbank City, but thank goodness they didn't mention the Virbank Gym battle. That was a disappointing Gym battle and it made Ash look weak to Roxie.

I wasn't expecting the fire to be a test for the Harbor Patrol. the Watchog really wanted to help them, but too bad it couldn't help because it had to stay on it's post. Watchog did well in the first two parts of the test, so it could've just learn a new move that's effective against fire.

I liked how N got character development in this episode, it's good to see him realizing that the Pokémon wanted to help people not because they were forced to do it, but because they're really wanted to do it. It made him understand the bond between people and Pokémon.

Even thought Team Rocket got their jetpacks back in this episode, they still got blasted off at the end.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode reminded me a little too much of those Team Wartortle episodes from seasons two and three for me to like it much, but at least it featured character growth for N by showing him that some pokemon are willing to serve humans for the greater good. I also like Oshawott's reaction when watchog stopped him from putting out the fires. LOL

6/10

I have to say, like evolutions in this show, you can now sort of predict when someone will use the phrase "best wishes!" when talking to somebody.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing a harbor patrol squad even tho the Cotd's Watchog creeped me out hee hee. Dewott lifting weights was cool, plus the Virbank Complex was portrayed well too and it was nice seeing Excadrill help out.

Leonhart

Imagineer
We got to see the Tachiwaki Industrial Complex, which looked good enough. Given the focus on Futachimaru, I wouldn't have mind if Satoshi's Mijumaru had evolved here, although it might've been too late by this point. I liked the firefighting aspect of this episode, especially Miruhog's involvement.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I was surprised that Oshawott got to appear, but at least he got to do something. Anyway, I didn't like the character of the day or the Pokemon of the day for that matter. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
I loved Watchog and that's a huge accomplishment for an episode to make for me because I've always thought the species was incredibly boring and as useless as every early route Normal-type that isn't Lillipup. This one was so much better than Lenora's.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved Watchog and that's a huge accomplishment for an episode to make for me because I've always thought the species was incredibly boring and as useless as every early route Normal-type that isn't Lillipup. This one was so much better than Lenora's.

Watchog was definitely less creepy here than when Ash fought Lenora's lol, but I thought that the COTD guy's Dewott was so much cooler than Watchog was.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, since we still hadn't seen the Plasma-dan in Isshu, them showing up at the Tachiwaki Industrial Complex here could've been a good intro episode for the organization.

For a filler, this wasn't too awful. N was able to grow a little bit more understanding between the relationships of Pokemon and people. Judging by how N acted at the beginning of the episode, he really needed a lesson. My main issue with this episode involved Watchog. It seems kind of ignored and underused and had tons of wasted potential here. Also, I don't like how Hydro Pump is being portrayed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
My main issue with this episode involved Watchog. It seems kind of ignored and underused and had tons of wasted potential here.

Futachimaru overshadowed him, which made sense since he was a Starter Pokemon's middle stage. Miruhog was doomed to play second fiddle to him, sadly.