1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokémon Harbor Patrol! (776)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Feb 28, 2013.

1. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Are people mad that Team Rocket didn't blast off today

2. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Nope, I'm glad that they're doing variety between blasting off & getting away with their jet packs rather than just doing one or the other

3. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I liked ash being able to see through their disguises.....and seeing pokemon lift weights, lol.

4. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Remember to read the "new" rule relating to the episodes(http://www.serebiiforums.com/announcement.php?f=11)

You can only post once during the time the episode is airing, you can edit it as much as you'd like but only one post. After the episode airs, then you can post however many times you'd like, so long as you are on topic and aren't double posting(Or up).

Saw the pictures, like the look of the episode. Probably would like it more once I know what's being said.

Team Rocket jet packing away was nice to me, the writers seem to be getting a better balance between being comedic and serious now, although still more serious then anything.

Looks like N got some development here, being more open to the way people use Pokemon. I assume that's the case since he had a sour look on his face throughout most of the episode until the end.

The plot looks interesting to me, but again, better once I know what's being said by everyone.

5. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I like Dewott and team rocket in this

6. only good thing i liked about this episode was N travelling with them

7. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

They got their jet packs back? YES!

Also, I loved how self-righteous N was in this episode. I'm glad they're showcasing his major flaws as well as his major strengths.

8. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Saw the pics.

My reaction.

Thank Arcues this is the last episode before charizard.

9. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Fun episode. I loved that Miruhog, that's a huge accomplishment for an episode to make for me because I've always thought the species was incredibly boring and as useless as every early route Normal-type that isn't Lillipup. This one was so much better than Aloe's and I loved how it was a competent dork or lovable lameass. It totally reminded me of me if I were in Pokemon form. Miruhog was strong and seemed to be better at weight-lifting than Futachimaru and seemed to be just as competent when it came to destroying those obstacles during the test run. Unfortunately Miruhog was held back by its inability to use a ranged Water-type attack to douse fires, instead of this episode being about Miruhog trying to learn Rain Dance or something Miruhog instead sticks to using Sand-Attack which sucks *** at putting out fires. I thought its antics were entertaining, believe it or not. And it was cute too.

I also liked how N seemed to learn a lesson from Hiroto and Miruhog at the end of the day when he says something about Miruhog not wanting/shouldn't be a member of a Rescue Team. Good to see Doryuzu, Mijumaru, and Kibago all do something and Mijumaru not made out to be a joke in what he did. I also loved the mini-team-up between Iris, Miruhog, Doryuzu, and N when Hiroto and the firefighters got trapped and seeing Miruhog save the day. Don't know about the Pururiru. They just sorta felt "there." Liked seeing Futachimaru, it's my favorite member of the Mijumaru line. I also liked how they all wore scarves, reminded me of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. They all looked very professional yet cute. Also nice to see N's power once more and his being able to explore different dynamics between different trainers of the world. That strife between him and Hiroto was enjoyable as a subplot.

Even though the two aren't related in the slightest this episode really makes me wanna play Pokemon:Gate to Infinity.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  10. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

That logic doesn't work when there have been consecutive episodes in a row where Ash has had more than 6 Pokemon.

OBVIOUSLY, the writers can choose whoever they want on Ash's team.

Especially when they don't plan on showing more than 2 Pokemon (Pikachu and Oshawott).

11. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

It was better than I thought. I like that Woobat/Yamask appeared and Team Rocket didn't use their balloon.

12. AgentPierce

AgentPierce Mad science FTW!

I hope they get the memo now: if you don't want to blast off, keep your jetpacks handy and don't use that effing balloon! :p

13. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Like I predicted, this was just a typical filler. I didn't expect great things from it, but I was surprised that Oshawott got to appear; then again, was he "inspired" to evolve after seeing Dewott like so many people predicted? I don't think so. But at least he got to do something. Anyway, I didn't like the character of the day or the Pokemon of the day for that matter because once again, I couldn't relate to either of them. I also wasn't a fan of seeing Team Rocket here; they were just sort of there for no apparent reason, but as always they ended up making things worse for Ash and friends. Most importantly, I'm curious to know why the setting was called the Gulf Coast. Was it ever clarified?

14. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I can't believe what looked like a dumb filler episode actually restored some of my faith in this arc...

15. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Does anyone know what N said to Hiroto when he was upset?

16. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

Does anyone know what attack wachog used to lift weights? Was it superpower cause watchog can't learn superpower...

edit: nvm...I think it's strength...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  17. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Yeah this episode was pretty pointless, although it did have some cute moments.

18. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Yeah, it's strength.

19. Manna

Manna Rockin' the Suburbs

This episode was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. Just...no words for muscle-Watchog. And Dewott was so cute.

Team Rocket didn't blast off this time. Awesome.

So many times where the camera would just pan to N staring. It was weird. He's stilll the odd man out in the group, but it's nice to see him traveling with them.

20. RVD_fan

RVD_fan Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting a lot from this episode, but I thought it ended up being pretty good. If things go where I suspect they're going, this was some good foreshadowing for N, and it they don't, it was still pretty good character development and showcased his abilities to talk to Pokemon well. I liked the COTD and his Watchog, which was a nice little subplot that didn't go longer than needed. And thought Team Rocket was good and I'm glad they're mixing up they're Pokemon. I do hope Woobat evolves to even out the evolution between Jessie and James.

Other than maybe the Flocessey Ranch one, which I didn't even hate that much, I've liked pretty much every episode in this arc. If they stay on track with the conclusion then I'll like it a lot.