• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokémon Royal Rumble XIII

Gryoine

"Squawk!"
Ponyta with an air balloon and run away

I very much approve of this choice.

In order to decide upcoming rounds, we have made a strawpoll! Go here to vote. Top 2 become themes.

Round 84
Round Theme
- #Pokemon20
Find a list of eligible Pokemon here

1.) Mantine w/ Water Absorb @Mystic Water (Grey Walrus)
2.) Rayquaza-M @Qualot Berry (Rayquaza is Green)*
3.) Infernape w/ Iron Fist @ Leftovers (Sir DJ)*
4.) Charizard-MX @ Kelpsey Berry (Nothingjustgo.*
5.) Snubbul w/ Intimidate @??? (octoboy)
6.) Farfetch'd w/ Keen Eye @ Stick (Trot Away)
7.) Murkrow w/ Prankster @Shell Bell (Burakoru)*
8.) Hoopa-U w/ Magician @Qualot Berry (sasukeanditachi)*
9.) Reshiram w/ Turboblaze @Leftovers (RzK)
10.) Salamence-M w/ Aerilate @Sharp Beak (vanillite1)*
11.) Marowak w/ Rock Head @Expert Belt (MMS)
12.) Ponyta w/ Run Away @Air Balloon (YDT)

*means very unlikely to be booted

I'll start this up once the stage is finished in an hour or so. That gives new players a chance to sign up and kick the regulars if they want.

~Gryoine

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Puns! I like!

Past champion illumise approaches snubbull.

"Never forget to accessorize. The battlefield favours the prepared."

The illumise reaches into her handbag and pulls out a polkadot bow, smiling as she places it on snubbull's head.

I assigned snubbull (spelled with 2 Ls) with the bolded item, so you know.

Gryoine

"Squawk!"
226.png
384-m.png
392.png
006-mx.png
209.png
083.png

Twelve Pokemon arrive to celebrate their twnetieth anniversary.

198.png
720-u.png
643.png
373-m.png
105.png
077.png

~Participants~
Mantine (Grey Walrus): 100 / 200 / Water Absorb / Mystic Water/ --- / 5
Rayquaza-M (Rayquaza is Green): 100 / 200 / Delta Stream / Qualot Berry / --- / 5
Infernape (Sir DJ): 100 / 200 / Iron Fist / Leftovers / --- / 5
Charizard-M-X (Nothingjustgo.): 100 / 200 / Tough Claws / Kelpsey Berry / --- / 5
Snubbull (octoboy): 100 / 200 / Intimidate / Polkadot Bow / --- / 5
Farfetch'd (Trot Away): 100 / 200 / Keen Eye / Stick / --- / 5
Murkrow (Burakoru): 100 / 200 / Prankster / Shell Bell / --- / 5
Hoopa-U (sasukeanditachi): 100 / 200 / Magician / Qualot Berry / --- / 5
Reshiram (RzK): 100 / 200 / Turboblaze / Leftovers / --- / 5
Salamence-M (vanillite1): 100 / 200 / Aerilate / Sharp Beak / --- / 5
Marowak (MMS): 100 / 200 / Rock Head / Expert Belt / --- / 5
Ponyta (YDT): 100 / 200 / Run Away / Air Balloon / --- / 5

~Stat Changes~
Mantine -
Rayquaza-M -
Infernape -
Charizard-M-X -
Snubbull -
Farfetch'd -
Murkrow -
Hoopa-U -
Reshiram -
Salamence-M -
Marowak -
Ponyta -

~Status Effects~

~Current Stage~
The 20th Anniversary (New!)
Hey guys, it's the 20th anniversary of Pokemon. Even though this is just a random multiple of 10, the Pokemon company has decided to go all out on its marketing and NOT LET YOU FORGET its their anniversary. You are all in a random nerd with no life's house (so probably most of yours), who has collected anything related to the Pokemon 20th anniversary this year. ...Like!

The TCG
Once per turn you may challenge someone to a TCG match, wagering any amount of HP you want. The winner will be randomized and will gain that HP, while the loser will lose that HP. This invitation will automatically count as a yes until the person challenged declines.

Pokken Tournament
Having this game will cause the stage alternate every turn between being in field phase, or being in duel phase. If you're in field phase, you will have more space causing more room for ranged attacks, thus increasing all special attacks by 10. In duel phase, it becomes 2D causing you to be closer to your opponents, increasing physical attacks by 10.

The Movies
Once per turn you may choose to watch a movie, but there is a chance of you getting bored and losing focus, and you will never want to watch a movie again. You may choose one of the following movies to watch, and if you pay attention, you will get their rewards. The percentages indicated determines the chance of you being bored by watching.

Mewtwo Strikes Back - Will add Psystrike to your moveset (20%)
The Power of One - Will add Aeroblast to your moveset (50%)
Spell of the Unown - Entei - Will add Overheat to your moveset (50%)
Celebi: The Voice of The Forest - Will add Leaf Storm to your moveset (40%)
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - Will add Aura Sphere to your moveset (20%)
Pokemon Ranger and The Temple of the Sea - Will add Heart Swap to your moveset (30%)
The Rise of Darkrai - Will add Dark Void to your moveset (60%)
Giratina and the Sky Warrior - Will add Seed Flare to your moveset (50%)

Note, these stats are not related to how good these movies are, it is just for balance sake. They all suck

The Superbowl Ad
Once per turn, you can star in the superbowl ad! This will give you fame, causing either a fan to help you at the end of the turn, or an enemy to hurt you. 50% chance of each, and both can potentially happen. Here is what the fans and enemies will do, with the percentages determining what type of fan/enemy will come.

-Will throw a potion at you, immediately healing you by 20 HP (40%)
-Will throw a special pollon at you, reducing your stamina cost by 50% for the next turn (30%)
-Will give you encouragement, increasing a random stat by 10 for the next 5 turns except speed (15%)
-Will give you a magical paintbrush, letting you have access to every single move for the next 5 turns (10%)
-Will give you special phoenix dust, giving you 5 moves next turn! (5%)

-Will throw a rock at you, dealing 20 damage (40%)
-Will give you discouragement, decreasing a random stat by 10 for the next 5 turns) (40%)
-Will throw a disgusting herb at you, increasing your stamina cost by 50% for the next turn (30%)
-Will give you discouragement, decreasing a random stat for the next 5 turns except speed (15%)
-Will disable you, preventing you from using any moves you used during that turn for the next 5 turns (10%)
-Will give you awful serpent venom, allowing you to only use 2 moves for the next turn! (5%)

Mythical Distributions
At the end of the turn, if you have met certain conditions you will get a mythical Pokemon distributed to you, which will use their effects immediately. You can only get one mythical Pokemon through this method per turn, but you can also get bonus distributions by completing certain requirements. The main way you can get one is trying to download it from the Nintendo Network which you can do once per turn for a cost of 5 HP, with the first 2 attempts are free. However, there the wifi in the house is bad so there is an 13/20 chance of this failing. You can attempt this up to 20 times, and please specify how many attempts you would like to try or else it will only count as 2. You can only get one mythical Pokemon through this method per turn, but you can also get bonus distributions by completing certain requirements.

-Have your HP be a multiple of 20
-Spent over 120 stamina, or exact amount spent be a multiple of 20
-Used an attack with 20 in its number.
-One of your commands post number have 20 in it.
-Dealt over 20 damage to someone
-Used 20 attacks in one turn

Super effective and non-very effective calculations apply, but STAB does not. Here are the effects.

Mew - Will use Metronome, dealing 1/4 of the damage the attack normally would. For non attacking moves, these effects are reduced by a way up to the ref (for example, using tailwind will boost the users speed by + for the next 2 turns or so).
Celebi - Throughout the rest of the rumble, you may call on it to use Heal Bell, which can cure all bad status conditions or stat debuffs you have. You may use it on another opponent. 1 use only
Jirachi - Will use Wish on the user, restoring their HP by 10.
Darkrai - Will use Dark Void on the user, putting them to a rest which they can wake up from with no grogginess. The time calculated will be from when they used the attack to cause them to get this reward, but they will only be put to sleep at the end of the turn.
Manaphy - Will use Heart Swap on two random contestants, switching who the participant controls for the next turn. Their values will still remain in tact.
Shaymin - Will use Seed Flare to give everyone a 40% chance of their special defense being decreased by 10 for the next 5 turns.
Arceus - Will use Judgement to hit everyone for 10 damage. The typing will be determined by the users type, and if dual type it will be randomized.
Victini - Will use Seering Shot on a random target, burning them
Keldeo - Will use Secret Sword at a random target, whiting them for 10 damage and will be calculated from the targets defense
Genesect - Throughout the rest of the rumble, you may call on it to use Techno Blast, which can be used to combine with any attack to change its typing to Normal, Fire, Electric, Ice, or Water (no boosts, just type change). 1 use only
Meloetta - All opponents have a 1/20 chance of being put to sleep for the next turn.

Sun and Moon
You can even play Sun and Moon once per turn! By playing these games you can cause Extremely Harsh Sunlight (sun) or Gravity (Moon). Only one of these effects can be on the stage at a time, and any time someone plays a game, the stamina cost will go up by 2 (starting at 0, then 2, then 4, etc). These effects will last until the stage changes.

~Field Effects~
The stage is in duel phase (2D)

~Announcements~
1.) If I made a mistake in any way, just tell me and I'll edit this.
2.) The line at the top is Pokemon (user): HP / Stamina / Ability / Item / Hidden Power Type / Protects
3.) Click here to vote for what later rounds will be

~Referee Comments~
Best of luck to everyone, especially the players who don't play often or have just returned
Sorry for the huge stage, not my doing, but it is mostly interactive

~Final Rankings~
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)

~Gryoine

Last edited:

Gryoine

"Squawk!"
Also I believe Charze is doing the first reffing as an audition. Be nicer to him than you were to me at the start of that last round.

~Gryoine

Rayquaza watch the rise of darkrai and star in a Super Bowl ad... This will not end well for me

Snorby

Snorby
Marowak, try to download the wifi event twice. Then, watch the Rise of Darkrai.

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
Mantine!

Please be a dear and activate your ability.

Then watch "The Power of One"

Star in the superbowl ad

and download the Wi-Fi event 4 times!

Thank you...

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Murkrow, if you can, use an Icy Wind to freeze off the portion of the surf that would hit you before it does so.

If that would fail, use Heat Wave to evaporate the wave as it comes towards you.

(....give me a break; Gravity is preventing me from Flying above the surfs or something...)

If both of those would fail, use Mirror Move to mirror the Surf and use aforementioned Surf to block the attack.

If that would fail, well, then that sucks.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Snubbull sneaks up on mantine while it's watching TV and bites mantine on the tail just before it uses surf, to secure itself to mantine's tail (which the surf shouldn't hit) during the attack.

If this wouldn't work, snubbull instead uses feint attack to vanish and move onto mantine's back (which again, the surf shouldn't hit), then stomps on mantine.

If this wouldn't protect snubbull from the surf either, snubbull instead uses strength to break off a chunk of the wall and make it into a shield to protect snubbull from the attacks.

And if even this can't save poor snubbull (in which case the surf should destroy the house, as the walls are clearly susceptible to it) snubbull protects from the surf.