• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Poképhilia Club (Contains PG-13 rated discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, same here. I think it makes more sense to do stuff because you know it's right, not because of some distant holy retribution or something.

Back to pokemon: I waited before I got PMD and ranger. and after the reviews, boy am I glad I did! Even from the demo I knew it would be disappointing. And don't even get me started on Trozei!

What I really want is a pokemon strategy rpg! Like Makai Kingdom. Something with more freedom of movement, maybe even in realtime like the Mana series or Tales.

Reviews aren't always accurate though. I completely enjoyed PMD, its story was pretty good for a Pokemon game. Ranger was fun, but I really didn't enjoy the story. I haven't played Trozei yet though.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
PMD is okay. Not one of my favorites, but it deserved better scores than it did.

I'm not saying they are TERRIBLE, but I would never BUY them. I rented Pokemon Dash from the library for free, and I don't care if I never see it again.

Why are the DS pokemon games so bad thus far?

Xtra

That curse seems to be broken with Diamond and Pearl. I think the reason is that they don't use the familiar formula that made pokemon popular in the first place.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
That curse seems to be broken with Diamond and Pearl. I think the reason is that they don't use the familiar formula that made pokemon popular in the first place.

I think trying to adjust a Pokemon game to be used with a stylus is what throwing good Pokemon games off for the DS.

Xtra

Maybe. I'll make that assumption when I get my preordered copy in April

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Xtra, thanks for the explanation. I'm still not quite sure I understand, but the important thing is what you believe.

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Yeah, I can't believe in something unless I can see why to believe in it. And by "why", I mean evidence, not promises. Therefore, religion really isn't my thing.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Yeah, I can't believe in something unless I can see why to believe in it. And by "why", I mean evidence, not promises. Therefore, religion really isn't my thing.

It's important to believe in things as long as you don't go too overboard with it.

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Yes, but I can't believe in something just because someone or something tells me to do so. That is not my nature, and it will never be.

Yes, but I can't believe in something just because someone or something tells me to do so. That is not my nature, and it will never be.
Yep, my motto. I was always a very inquisitive kid. But I was gullible about santa. The kids at school would pick on me, and I never figured it out for myself.

But now I never trust rumors or amazing stories without researching first. I love watching Mythbusters.

Last edited:

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Hell, I even challenge their findings. :D

killerjaw01

▼1.618▼
I assume we're talking about religion. Well I believe in Jesus (due to a v.realistic dream I had), but I choose not to follow Christianity. Why? Because I do not like the fact that the Bible says that I cannot think "bad" thoughts! (It was somewhere in the New Testament). Plus I think the Bible is a lie. After years of translations, I'm sure there can either be a mistranslation, or a deliberate change to the stories.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. I'm not against anyone who chooses to follow any religion.

Xtra

I assume we're talking about religion. Well I believe in Jesus (due to a v.realistic dream I had), but I choose not to follow Christianity. Why? Because I do not like the fact that the Bible says that I cannot think "bad" thoughts! (It was somewhere in the New Testament). Plus I think the Bible is a lie. After years of translations, I'm sure there can either be a mistranslation, or a deliberate change to the stories.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. I'm not against anyone who chooses to follow any religion.

Actually, they compared the current bible translations to the first texts, and reported that there were almost no changes.

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
I do have to say, since we're on the topic, that the actual Greek word that was translated to mean "homosexuality" for the Bible... well, the translators aren't actually sure what it means. It could be something completely different.

Food for thought.

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day

Linoone

<the ONLY linoone av
I believe in god, I just don't believe in religion, , reliegions were founded by men, even though they were from another age, they are just as, if not more capable of manipulationg followers into do what they wanted, rather than doing what god wanted, so that's why I regard the bible as what it is: just a book, whether what's there is true or not is probably never going to be known

Actually, they compared the current bible translations to the first texts, and reported that there were almost no changes.

unfortunately, that doesn't mean much, in the middle ages the high religious authorities changed various things in the bible, some publicly, and I bet many more, major changes secretly, with the general population with no idea about what latin was and no way to learn it, it should have been a walk in the park for them power hungry organization, that's what it all was aobut back then in the middle ages: land and power

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
You know, I've noticed a strange coincidence in history: Whenever religion has been stronger, technological progress and overall culture have been impeded. Interesting...

Because I do not like the fact that the Bible says that I cannot think "bad" thoughts!

Yeah, it's stupid to think that you can control someone's thoughts. The First Amendment of the US Constitution says you can think whatever the **** you want, as long as you don't act on it. (Well actually I think it says you have the freedom to say what you want as long as you don't infringe on others but you get the idea)

You know, I've noticed a strange coincidence in history: Whenever religion has been stronger, technological progress and overall culture have been impeded. Interesting...

I am reminded of a line from a Simpsons episode...

Religion has no place within [school] walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion

Last edited:

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
Status
Not open for further replies.