• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokéwalker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychic

Really and truly
The Pokéwalker!

The Pokéwalker was an awesome accessory in HG/SS, so I was wondering how people used it! What Pokémon did you put on it? What areas did you did to go to? Where did you keep your Pokéwalker as you strolled along? Did you ever "cheat" with it in creative ways? Do you still use it to this day?

I still keep my Pokéwalker in my purse today, and I've been working on training my Meowth to level 100 (yay Pickup). A friend helped me unlock Winner's Path, so I like to use that area to hoard Dragon Scales and Reaper Cloths. I have currently walked 4064773 steps in total, and have had to change the battery 2-3 times.

What about you? :>
~Psychic

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Tbh, I only used my Pokewalkers for a few months before I got bored with them. I used to walk around with them in my pockets and I managed to catch a few cool Pokemon as well including a Pikachu with Fly from Yellow Forest, but I eventually moved on and stopped using them. Their batteries all died fast anyway.

Steamcraft

Lazy Time Traveler
I still use mine! :D There was an awful accident with losing it and finding it again in the washer, but rice helped, lol! I have over 1mil steps (because I take it to work with me in my scrubs, ahahaha).

Kalosian

So long
I used my Pokewalker in SoulSilver for about a week during the time when the game was new. Never used it in HeartGold. For SoulSilver, I stopped using it quickly as I found it too tedious to send my Pokemon to and from it, and I didn't feel like I gained anything from using it. While using it, the Pokemon I used for it was the ones in my in-game team. I kept it on me while going on my usual walks for the day. Didn't really use its functions that much though, just tried to get some items and occasionally some Pokemon. As for the areas in the Pokewalker itself, I think I only ever tried out the very first ones. I might have tried to "cheat" with it at one point, but I don't think it worked. I don't use it anymore, have as said not used it since the games were new, pretty sure the battery died long ago as well. In general, I felt that the Pokewalker had a lot of potential, but didn't really live up to it (which is how I feel about almost everything regarding HG/SS, so it's not that bad). I can't say I have missed the Pokewalker in any later releases.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I got both games when they were released. Only used the pokéwalker with HeartGold. I used it for quite a while, but HG/SS were pretty low on my list of favorite pokémon games for some reason. I don't use them anymore, however I do wear my Wii Fit Meter everyday. I always wished they would bring them back for newer games. I thought they were an awesome idea.

I mainly used it to carry one of my team around with me, but after I finished the main story I used it to carry around a legendary or a baby I wanted to raise.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I used the Pokewalker only a couple times, mostly just out of curiosity and to say that I tried it out. I know I sent a Magikarp to it once, though I don't remember why I chose that Pokemon specifically. I believe I only explored one of the default areas (Refreshing Field I think).

It was a neat accessory, but I didn't use it that much because I didn't really need the items and Pokemon from it. Also, the Pokewalkers in our house get lost very easily. I have two and my sister has at least one, but right now I don't know where any of them are. >_>

Stardos

Mine doesn't work, I have a level 92 Rapidash on it :(. How do I change the battery?

Steamcraft

Lazy Time Traveler
Have to get a tiny Philips screwdriver (like eyeglasses, small), and it takes a watch battery (the ones that are dime/penny-sized).

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
I loved the PokeWalker! I would clip it on my purse, and it would serve as not only a pedometer, but also a stylish accessory. (well somewhat stylish- ha!)
My most memorable Pokemon I caught on the PokeWalker was a Duskull. I would send my Glaceon on the PokeWalker when I took it to work/school, etc.
Sadly the battery died long ago- but I still have the PokeWalker! It is sitting on top of my bookshelf!
~

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I was really into the walker. It really felt like I was more connected with my game. I wanted to get all areas unlocked so I tried to bring it everywhere...everyday...but forgot to remove it from my pocket on laundry days >_> Ya, I never got as far as I wanted in the end lol Rice only worked so many times.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It's a neat feature, but I always felt it was a bit of a pain to transfer a Pokémon to it and then back, kinda because the signal had to be a bit precise. When I used it, it was during some of 2011 and most of 2012 as it was around that time that my brothers and I were walking around the neighborhood and beyond picking up cans so we could help collect money for Disneyland. I mostly transferred Mewtwo over for the heck of it, since I thought it felt "neat" to walk around with one of my favorite Pokémon and reading the blogs that came with it was kinda funny when it came to Mewtwo.

The battery must've died by now. Kinda sucks the battery life was a bit short, and that it wasn't rechargeable. That hurts it, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.