• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Poke-Questionnaire (Just 5 Questions)

Nyter

Island Challenger
So I have a lot of questions whose answers I would love to hear from each and everyone of you. I will be numbering the questions. You can choose to answer any number of questions as long as you number your answer to the appropriate question number.

For example:
My Question
1) What is your favorite color?
2) Where do you live?
3) What is your nickname?

Your Answer
1) Blue
2) Olympus
3) Chi-chi

Now for the Questionnaire

1) How many and what Pokemon franchise departments are you involved in? (Watching the anime, Playing the main video games, playing the Ranger games, reading the Manga, etc.)

2) Do you play the main video games for the DS system? And if you do, do you avoid all the in-game trainer battles or do you battle them all before you move ahead in your journey.

3) When you are doing something else, do you get urges and thoughts of playing or watching Pokemon? (for example: You are at a formal dinner, but all you can think about is going to your DS system and play, Computer and watch episodes online or play Pokemon online.)

4) How many hours a day (on average) do you spend on Pokemon?

5) Besides being on this forum at this moment... Are you doing something with Pokemon AT THIS VERY MOMENT?

Here is my response!

1)I am involved in watching the anime, playing the main games for the DS system, playing Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii, and Playing the Pokepark game for the Wii. So that is 4 franchise departments I am in.

2) I play the main games for the DS system and I will not pass a route until I've beaten all the in-game trainers of that route I am in. It makes my Pokemon much stronger.

3) Most of the time. Unless I am doing something fun that will take my mind off Pokemon, I always think about playing my Pokemon games all the time. I just hate being bored.

4) I feel that I spend a collective of 7 hours a day on playing or watching Pokemon.

5) Yes! I am playing my Diamond version as I type away my answers.

:surfpika: Now it is your turn. Enlighten Me!

Titan500

Solar Panels
1) I watch the anime, read the manga, play the main series games, play the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games, play the old console games which I still haven't completed fully such as Gale of Darkness. I also play the Trading Card Game. So that's about five franchises if you group the spinoffs into one franchise, unless you want to count them as separate, so then I would be involved in seven.

2) Yes, I play the main games, not just only for the DS. I do play on my Gameboy Advance when I'm nostalgic as well. But anyway, I don't really care if I battle all the trainers or not.

3) Not really.

4) Due to the lack of Pokemon related activity ever since I defeated the Pokemon League twice in BW, my average amount of time spent has decreased. So about an hour.

5) I am watching the anime.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
1) my craze for pokemon actually started with the anime, and then started playing the games on my gameboy...i think the first game i played was ruby

2)yes i do play on the ds....i make sure not to miss any of the trainers on any route im passing through, its a bit of a habit lol

3)almost all the time! im at college sitting in a lecture and my thoughts wander to pokemon, thinking which pokemon i should EV train today XD

4)since its my vacation now, i spend atleast 8-10 on pokemon daily :p

5)yup! im MMing for a shiny seviper this very moment.

Nakashima

1) I watch the Anime and play the main video games.

2) Yes I play all of the main games released for DS at this point. I usually fight all trainers as I prefer to be overlvled rahter then underlvled.

3) Ehm, no, I have a life.

4) Usually 1 hour, on a day off I'll play for up to 5 hours if I feel like it though.

5) Nope, DS is charging and I'm eating lunch ^^

1) How many and what Pokemon franchise departments are you involved in? (Watching the anime, Playing the main video games, playing the Ranger games, reading the Manga, etc.)

2) Do you play the main video games for the DS system? And if you do, do you avoid all the in-game trainer battles or do you battle them all before you move ahead in your journey.

3) When you are doing something else, do you get urges and thoughts of playing or watching Pokemon? (for example: You are at a formal dinner, but all you can think about is going to your DS system and play, Computer and watch episodes online or play Pokemon online.)

5) Besides being on this forum at this moment... Are you doing something with Pokemon AT THIS VERY MOMENT?

1. Video games, but I watched anime on local TV sometimes, but I usuallY missed it because the show start at morning

2. Yes, and I never avoid any trainer, even I will explore the area so I can find any battle-able trainers

3. If I bring my DS, yes, but when I'm the mood

4. Now I played it less and less, maybe 1 hour

5. No, but I have a chat with other local pokemon fans

NinjaJesus

Johto Fanboy
1 I play the games, collect cards and i used to watch the anime, but dropped off around DP series. Still like to watch the old school stuff!!!

2 Yes i play and no i avoid the trainers, unless i need training

3 Yes, quite often

4 Hmm... About 4-5 hours on weekends and about 1 hour on school/working days

5 No

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
1) I play the main series, and I have a TON of cards that I'm probably gonna sell as I have no use for them

2) Yes. And I battle every single trainer I can, or else I'm too weak to beat the leaders.

3) Yes. Usually at school.

4) 1 hour.

5) Nope, but I just finished a 7 win streak in the HeartGold battle factory.

Falk

1: I tend to watch the anime now and then, but I mainly play the video games.

2: I usually fight all the trainers in each area before I move on.

3: Rarely, but it do happens.

4: Not as much as I did before. About 30 min-1 hour. But when I start with IV breeding/Chain breeding again, the amount of hours will most likely go up to around 2-5 hours a day.

5: Actually yesXD I'm helping a friend who've just bought herself the Black version.

Zyphrr

geek
1) Anime, DS games (my mom never let me play the main games as a kid and so I never got them), rangers

2) Yup, and no, I battle all the trainers--since that's pretty much the only way I level my pokemon. Heh.

3) Sometimes, it depends on my mood.

4) I don't even know--it's different everyday.

5) Pokemon Black, just started recently! I'm still trying to form a good team. o:

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
1) I used to watch the anime but stopped after about season three. Now I just watch episodes and movies here and there (on youtube, pokemon.com, etc). I've been playing the Pokemon games ever since the original blue version was out in the US. I have read some of the manga but find myself not very interested. I'm a big fan of the Pokemon Puzzle Challenge and sometimes play Mystery Dungeon games. I used to collect the cards avidly, but do not anymore (but am thinking about taking it back up).

2) Yes, I have played Diamond, SoulSilver, and White. I battle every one I can, but sometimes I do avoid people of I'm not in the mood (but I always come back).

3) Rarely. Very, very rarely.

4) Recently it's been a lot more than normal. Some days I spend up to 8-10 hours doing pokemon stuff. Other days I don't do any.

5) Trading some pokemon to people I've met on this forum. :)

XXD17

Draco rex
1) I watch the anime, read the manga, play the main game, and still collect the cards here and there but just the cool looking ones...
2) I've played all the DS games and I always battle all the trainers before moving on, unless they are swimmers or I happen to miss one...
3) Not usually, only when I get bored of what I'm doing...
4)when playing the main story, about 3 hours a day. When done with the story, about 4 hours a week...
5)No....

If i tell you what i do.....will that do you any good??

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
1) I watch the anime most of the time, and play the games constantly. I also draw Pokemon fanart almost daily.

2) I play them all the time. It depends on the situation whether I battle trainers or not. I battle them most of the time, especially if I'm training something.

3) Always. I bring my DS everywhere though, with at least 1 Pokemon game in, whether it's DS or GBA.

4) Well whether I'm playing Pokemon, I'm here, or on /r/pokemon (The Pokemon section on Reddit), or drawing, or something... A lot of the day. Can't give exact hours though.

5) I'm on /r/pokemon.

flameswy

Lord of Light
hmm.

ill give this a shot, why not?

:D

(1) i play the main games mostly, but i also have rumble and the ranger games... i read some of the manga, but for the most bit it just wasnt good enough for me to stick with. i watch the movies, but not the anime...

(2) yeah, i play black on my ds... as for avoiding trainers, that varys. depends how long ive been playing, and how fed up i am with there pathetic watchog, etc.

(3) ermm. depends if im doing something in my games, but generally no.

(4) hard to say. more then one, certainly. i suppose it depends on if im playing through a gen again or not, really.

(5) yeah, im also reading/posting a pokemon rpg.

Aquarelle

Staff member
1. I play the main games, Ranger games, and read manga (mostly Pokespecial).
I have played the Mystery Dungeon games and I have a lot of Pokemon cards, but I'm not really into them that much anymore. I watch an episode of the anime here and there, but I don't consider myself a fan of it anymore.
So...count the first three things I guess.

2. Yes, I play the main games for the DS. I also play the games for GB, GBC, and GBA, since I own all the main games. I play GBA and DS games on my DS, and older games on my GBA SP.

I usually avoid the trainers when I first visit a route because quite often I just want to reach the next town as soon as possible. However, I always go back and fight them later for the experience. In Gyms, though, I always battle all the trainers before fighting the Gym Leader.

3. Yes, this happens to me all the time. Whenever I have to do something I really don't want to do, I can't help but think about how I could be playing Pokemon instead. Also, doing certain things at school makes me want to play. For example, watching videos in Geography class about volcanoes made me want to visit places like Stark Mountain and Mt. Chimney in the games.

4. Quite a lot. If I have nothing else to do, I can spend the whole day playing Pokemon, like 10 hours.
I do think about Pokemon related things literally all day (I don't have a life!), so if that counts, then I guess I spend 24 hours a day on Pokemon (because I dream about Pokemon a lot, too).

5. I have Bulbapedia open in another tab, but I don't know if that counts, since I can't have it and Serebii on the screen at the same time. But, I am thinking about Pokemon stuff, so I guess the answer is yes.

FiremanLV5

1: I mostly play the games and collect cards. I have been reading the Adventures manga as it gets released over here and watching the BW anime as well.

2: Yes, I have Black, White, HG, SS, Pearl and Platinum. I might avoid a few trainers for a while if I'm in a hurry to go somewhere and get something (say, catch a Pokémon from a certain area that I'll want to train up against those trainers I avoided), but I will usually go back and fight them just for the EXP.

3: Lol, sometimes, But not in a "MAN I NEED A HIT" way. I think most kids would rather play video games than sit through a boring dinner with their family. I'm not so obsessed that I'll go home from being out with my friends just so I can sit on my lonesome and play Pokémon.

4: I dunno, it changes daily. Generally I play while I'm on the bus/train to go somewhere else, so it depends how much I'm traveling, or if I'm with a friend who wants to battle. And some days I do like to just chill out and play Pokémon for a couple hours if I haven't got anything else to do.

5: Well, I was playing Platinum on the bus on my way home and I'm about to put some new cards in my album.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
1) How many and what Pokemon franchise departments are you involved in?
Main series, Ranger Games, anime, and Pearl/Advance shipping

Yes, and I battle every possible trainer

3) When you are doing something else, do you get urges and thoughts of playing or watching Pokemon?
Nope. Well, maybe, but mostly no

5-8 on some days, less on others

No

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
1) I used to watch the anime quite a bit, but not so much anymore. I think I stopped around season 3 or so, because the anime got a lot less interesting after season 2 (Season 1 was the best). I mainly play the games--mostly the mainstream handheld ones. The only Pokemon games I've played and owned were Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Pinball (both versions), Stadium 2, Snap, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Colosseum, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, and White. The latter two are the ones I play the most often now. I've never played any of the Ranger games nor read the manga.

2) Yes--as explained in #1, this is mainly what I do. As for battling the in-game trainers, it depends. When I need to level-grind for a gym leader or something, I fight every trainer I can find. But if I'm exploring an area for the first time, I usually try to avoid all the trainers.

3) Sometimes. I've talked to myself several times about the Pokemon games, but I make sure nobody notices. Of course, there are other things I talk to myself about as well, most notably my RPG characters...

4) Uhhh... 2? Most of which is spent playing White nowadays.

5) Nope. This is the only tab and program I have open now. I'm not that good at multi-tasking... Except I'm still awaiting a response for my proposed Bisharp in the Black/White In-Game RMT forum here.

Autis-misc

Abridger
1) Let me see... all except the anime.

2) I do, and i try to avoid them to battle them before the elite 4 so i can gain more experiance then just battling wild pokemon.

3)Not really, no.

4) about 5-6 hours, depending where i am.

5) Well, im making a pokemon error message on an error message site for another site, if that counts.