• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Poke Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't Shiny hunt, so I didn't use the Poke Radar much. It seemed like a good device on paper, but too much of a hassle to use in real life.

Cat's Eye Draco

I tried it a few times, but quickly got bored and gave up. Consequently I never found anything with it.

Last edited:

Daizy

I call you honey
I chained for Shinies in Pearl using the Poke Radar and managed to discover almost twenty Shinies that way once I had finished long chains. Good times.

I didn't use my PokeRadar for chaining Shinies, I just focused on finding the special Pokemon throughout Sinnoh that would only show up via the Radar.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I loved the concept of the PokeRadar, but I was never able to find any shinies with it. I usually did average-length chains.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Poké Radar was a nice feature though. I tried to chain some shinies using the Poké Radar in Platinum, mostly with Pichu and Swablu, but I didn't find any shinies of them using the Poké Radar unfortunately. However, it was easier to chain Swablu because it was more common and eventually found and caught a Poké Radar exclusive Bagon because of that.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Sinnoh was my first game (Diamond) and my favourite gen. I loved the Pokeradar :) I got 10 shinies with it! Shinx (3), Swablu, Starly (3), Buizel (shiny patch on 3 :O) and Bidoof (2). Seeing that shiny patch is amazing! Never tried the 6th gen radar, I honestly prefer the 4th gen one.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sinnoh was my first game (Diamond) and my favourite gen. I loved the Pokeradar :) I got 10 shinies with it! Shinx (3), Swablu, Starly (3), Buizel (shiny patch on 3 :O) and Bidoof (2). Seeing that shiny patch is amazing! Never tried the 6th gen radar, I honestly prefer the 4th gen one.

I only managed to find four Shinies via chaining with the Poke Radar, and two of them are recent Shinies that I found while replaying Diamond version. Also, I wish that the Poke Radar exclusive Pokemon weren't such a chore to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.