1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokeathlon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Jul 23, 2020.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

The Pokeathlon was available in HeartGold and SoulSilver and you could enter different sport competitions with your Pokemon and win points in the mini games.

What were your favorite courses to play in and did you have any that you really hated?

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

I loved the Pokeathlon. Hurdle Dash, Relay Run, Lamp Jump, and Snow Throw were my favorite games, and Goal Roll and Pennant Capture were definitely my least favorite.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I liked the Lamp Jump game the most, but disliked the Relay Run and Goal Roll games. The latter is extremely frustrating, especially when there's more than one ball being kicked around the field.

Sakuyamon and TwilightBlade like this.
  4. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I like the Disc Catch game because it was one of the easiest games same with Lamp Jump and Circle Push. But man I hated the Block Smash because it could ruin your DS screen. :[

Sakuyamon, jaden767 and Leonhart like this.
  5. Ashscot

Ashscot Pokémon Breeder

I never really went out of my way to partake in it. I think next time I play through the games I 'll give it a go.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I liked the Circle Push game too, although I always felt a little bit sad about pushing some of the other Pokemon out of the ring. The Block Smash game was easy, but I agree that constantly having to tap on the touch screen seemed like poor game design since that's a one-way ticket to getting scratches on the screen.

TwilightBlade likes this.
  7. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

I liked the brick breaking game and the capture the flag game. I think I got the highest score possible in the flag game but I remember that I didn't like the relay race game at all.

Sakuyamon, TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  8. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Well-Known Member

Fun place and my favorite game was the disc catch one where you had to get the flying frisbees. That one was easy because all you had to do was push Pokemon aside and catch the discs at the back of the arena to get a high score.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  9. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Thе Pokеathlon is еasily onе of my favouritе minigamеs in thе sеriеs. I likеd how еach and еvеry Pokеmon was usablе in somе way, although somе fully еvolvеd onеs (such as Golduck) bеing actually worsе than thеir prе-еvolvеd forms was puzzling. My favouritе еvеnts wеrе Lamp Jump, Ring Drop and Circlе Push, and I dislikеd Pеnnant Capturе and Rеlay Run. I wish thе еvolutionary stonеs wеrеn't so costly. though.

Leonhart likes this.