• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Anime Versus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Matchup: Gary vs Harrison

-Gary
Blastoise, Arcanine, Scizor, Umbreon, Electivire, Nidoqueen

-Harrison
Kecleon, Sneasel/Weavile (would be gen 4 and onwards), Hypno, Steelix, Houndoom, Blaziken

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

-Gary

-Harrison
Kecleon, Sneasel/Weavile (would be gen 4 and onwards), Hypno, Steelix, Houndoom, Blaziken

Scizor vs Sneasel- Scizor
Scizor vs Steelix- Draw
Nidoqueen vs Hypno- Hypno(type advantage)
Electivire vs Hypno- Electivire
Electivire vs Houndoom- Draw
Umbreon vs Kecleon- Umbreon
Umbreon vs Blaziken- Blaziken
Arcanine vs Blaziken- Blaziken
Blastoise vs Blaziken- Blastoise(Blastoise wins due to Blaziken being tired and having type advantage)

Gary wins 6-5.

I know that Gary lost to Ash in the Johto League and Harrison won against him, but that was due to Ash using a much weaker lineup against Harrison than the lineup against Gary.

-Gary

-Harrison

this is a bit of an unfair matchup gary would win pretty easily
Kelceon vs Scizor --> Scizor
Hypno vs Scizor --> Scizor
Sneasel vs Scizor --> Sneasel
Sneasel vs Umbreon --> Umbreon
Steelix vs Umbreon --> Umbreon
Houndoom vs Umbreon --> Houndoom
Houndoom vs Electivire --> Electivire
Blaiziken vs Electivire --> Blaiziken
Blaiziken vs Blastoise --> Blastoise or draw

Ash-Pikachu

yea but I could use the same logic to argue t-bolt is faster, since there is no evidence to suggest that electro ball would have been useful against Alain Charizard.

Except we witnessed how Electro Ball was used and it was used in instances where speed was crucial in its victories.

Except we witnessed how Electro Ball was used and it was used in instances where speed was crucial in its victories.

how do you know electro ball's speed were crucial to those victories? just because electro ball happened to be the finishing moves doesn't mean thunderbolt wouldn't have done the same job

Ash-Pikachu

how do you know electro ball's speed were crucial to those victories? just because electro ball happened to be the finishing moves doesn't mean thunderbolt wouldn't have done the same job

The opposite applies as well.

Only Electro Ball was shown to be effective in instances where rapid style combat was crucial. Against Tyranitar, this was all Pikachu used once Tyranitar began it's collage of attacks, so there's every reason to assume it's because Electro Ball is a more feasible and quicker option. It would make sense given that it's congruous with the nature of Electro Ball in the games where it's more speed-oriented.

The opposite applies as well.

Only Electro Ball was shown to be effective in instances where rapid style combat was crucial. Against Tyranitar, this was all Pikachu used once Tyranitar began it's collage of attacks, so there's every reason to assume it's because Electro Ball is a more feasible and quicker option. It would make sense given that it's congruous with the nature of Electro Ball in the games where it's more speed-oriented.
in the games it is speed orientated but only affects the damage, not how fast it is executed. it would also make zero sense to use it against an agility metagross since it is based on how much faster you are than your opponent.

pikachu used 1 thunderbolt and 2 electroballs btw, that is not enough to assume that electro ball is a better option just because ash used it once more.

Ash-Pikachu

in the games it is speed orientated but only affects the damage, not how fast it is executed. it would also make zero sense to use it against an agility metagross since it is based on how much faster you are than your opponent.

pikachu used 1 thunderbolt and 2 electroballs btw, that is not enough to assume that electro ball is a better option just because ash used it once more.

Well, I'll agree to disagree here. Electro ball certainly did have a use given how often it was used, but if you didn't think so, then that's perfectly fine.

Genaller

Silver Soul
What about Gary vs Tyson full battle? Same team for Gary as vs Harrison.

What about Gary vs Tyson full battle? Same team for Gary as vs Harrison.
Magmar vs Shiftry --> Magmar
Magmar vs Donphan --> Donphan
Nidoqueen vs Donphan --> Nidoqueen
Nidoqueen vs Hariyama --> Hariyama
Scizor vs Hariyama --> Scizor
Scizor vs Sceptile --> Sceptile
Umbreon vs Sceptile --> Umbreon
Umbreon vs Metagross --> Metagross
Electivire vs Metagross --> Electivire
Electivire vs Meowth --> Meowth
Blastoise vs Meowth --> Blastoise

imo their teams are pretty similar, although gary wins comfortably

Navin

MALDREAD
Sceptile v Nidoqueen --> Sceptile
Sceptile v Magmar --> Magmar
Shiftry v Magmar --> Shiftry
Shiftry v Umbreon --> Umbreon
Hariyama v Umbreon --> Hariyama
-------------------------
Hariyama v Electivire --> Draw
Hariyama v Scizor --> Scizor
Donphan v Scizor --> Donphan
Donphan v Blastoise --> Blastoise
Metagross v Blastoise --> Draw

Tyson wins without using Meowth, or if somehow Blastoise edges Metagross, Meowth absolutely stomps.

Last edited:
i only realised how good gary's blastoise, ash's charizard and harrison's blaiziken were after rewatching the johto league. unlike hoenn/sinnoh their aces were really a cut above there rest. infernape/sceptile had to fight hard for their wins, but jesus blastoise, blaiziken and charizard could have swept half the team blindfolded

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Shiftry v Magmar --> Shiftry

LMAO!

Anyway I think Gary will win 6-5.

Magmar vs Haryama- Haryama(Thick fat)
Scizor vs Haryama- Scizor(speed)
Scizor vs Metagross- Metagross
Umbreon vs Metagross- Umbreon
Umbreon vs Sceptile- Sceptile
Arcanine vs Sceptile- Arcanine(type advantage and due to Sceptile being tired)
Arcanine vs Shiftry- Arcanine
Arcanine vs Donphan- Donphan
Blastoise vs Donphan- Blastoise
Blastoise vs Meowth- Draw

Thus, Gary wins without using Electivire 6-5(I replaced Nidoqueen with Arcanine).

Last edited:
LMAO!

Thus, Gary wins without using Electivire 6-5(I replaced Nidoqueen with Arcanine).
nidoqueen easily destroyed ash's tauros and still did more damage to snorlax than arcanine tho

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
nidoqueen easily destroyed ash's tauros and still did more damage to snorlax than arcanine tho

I know that, but Arcanine has a type advantage against Sceptile and Shiftry, so I chose it. Plus, Gary always kissed his Pokeball before sending out Arcanine, which was an indication that Arcanine was a powerhouse of his team.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
LMAO!

I see you're back to making joke posts.

I know that, but Arcanine has a type advantage against Sceptile and Shiftry, so I chose it. Plus, Gary always kissed his Pokeball before sending out Arcanine, which was an indication that Arcanine was a powerhouse of his team.

A powerhouse that was promptly dispatched by Snorlax.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I see you're back to making joke posts.

A powerhouse that was promptly dispatched by Snorlax.

Well, you're the one who said- Shiftry vs Magmar- Shiftry.

And Gary's Arcanine lost because it had to go up against Ash's beastly Snorlax. It defeated Giovanni's Kingler easily despite a type disadvantage.

Last edited:

Ash-Pikachu

Tyson would defeat Gary to be honest. That should logically be the case anyways given that Tyson competed in a more grueling League Conference (apparently) and won.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Tyson would defeat Gary to be honest. That should logically be the case anyways given that Tyson competed in a more grueling League Conference (apparently) and won.

Tyson barely won against Hoenn League Ash, he just somehow avoided defeat. Ash's Hoenn League team was the one of his weakest teams that he used in Leagues. So I don't think Tyson can beat Gary.

Arcanine vs Shiftry --> Draw
Golem vs Donphan --> Donphan
Magmar vs Donphan --> Magmar
Magmar vs Hariyama --> Hariyama
Nidoqueen vs Hariyama --> Draw
Scizor vs Sceptile --> Sceptile (barely)
Blastoise vs Sceptile --> Blastoise
Blastoise vs Metagross --> Blastoise
Blastoise vs Meowth --> Meowth

league tyson beats league gary

Status
Not open for further replies.