• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Anime Versus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Mega Charizard.

Picks up Wolverine and drops him in a lake. Wolverine has fantastic healing factor, but he's not invincible. Also, due to the adamantium in his body, he can't swim.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Comic version or movie version? Movie Version would be beaten.
Comic version beats him. When Ultron used Solar System level attack, Wolverine's skeleton withstood it.
He's shown to regen from skeleton:http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/3388/275264-wolverine48_012_super.jpg
His claws are treated as durability-negation hax( if not he can still cut through almost anything. Wolverine cuts MCX like a butter.Also Charizard's fire is like multi-building level( BB). Flamethrower: multi-tree level, which would Wolverine regen easy-peasy.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Wolverine vs Alain's Mega Charizard X

Which Wolverine? If it is the current one, X-23 wins hands down. Unlike Logan, she only has her claws coated, not her skeleton.

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
You can list both movie version and Comic version of the Wolverine, if you like, but I was mainly talking about comic version.

I think both movie Wolverine and comic Wolverine would beat Charizard X, especially Comic version, since Wolverine got somewhat underpowered in movies. Wolverine's incredible healing factor and adamantium body and claws would be too much for Charizard X imo.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
How is that an advantage?

Not having 300 lbs of metal in her system allows her to be much faster in terms of evading attacks and have a stronger healing factor thanks to the fact she's not having metal poisoning in every place in her body.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
James vs Magikarp. We already know what happens when he kicks it once. What of he kept kicking it after it evolved?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It would not have been a happy Gyarad...er...it would go about a Gyarados' business as usual.

Navin

MALDREAD
Which Wolverine? If it is the current one, X-23 wins hands down. Unlike Logan, she only has her claws coated, not her skeleton.

How come? These Pokemon take brute force slashes and punches and smashes, on top of all kinds of elemental barrages, and still keep fighting. It's only the kid-friendly nature that prevents outright bleeding to be shown.

How come? These Pokemon take brute force slashes and punches and smashes, on top of all kinds of elemental barrages, and still keep fighting. It's only the kid-friendly nature that prevents outright bleeding to be shown.

wolverine can heal everything except an adamantium bullet so Alains charizard will eventually get tired out. Pretty sure he would die from one slice to the head, but he can fly so...

Navin

MALDREAD
wolverine can heal everything except an adamantium bullet so Alains charizard will eventually get tired out. Pretty sure he would die from one slice to the head, but he can fly so...

My point is that these Pokemon tank slices to the head, smashes, punches, and such attacks that otherwise would be fatal if this show wasn't made for kids. Any cross-universe match-ups have to take that into account.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well since it's been a while I thought I'd revive an unresolved topic:

SAWYER VS TYSON ROUND 2!!!

Hariyama vs Slaking -> Draw
Donphan vs Salamence -> Draw
Shiftry vs Slurpuff -> Slurpuff
Sceptile vs Slurpuff -> Sceptile
Sceptile vs Clawitzer -> Sceptile
Sceptile vs Aegeslash -> Aegeslash
Metagross vs Aegeslash -> Metagross
Metagross vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile
Meowth vs Mega Sceptile -> Mega Sceptile

Genaller

Silver Soul
I think the general consensus was that it comes down to the final Pokemon. Tyson probably has more depth on his team, while Sawyer has the stronger ace.

True and my hypothetical does reflect that since I had Sawyer down to his last Pokémon first. I believe the major points of contention were Shiftry vs Slurpuff (my view was Slurpuff due to having fire and fairy moves that are SE on Shiftry who fell to a single Flamethrower from a pre-Brandon Torkoal and yours was Shiftry because Slurpuff got OHKed by Tierno's Blastoise's Hydro Cannon) and of course whether Mega Sceptile could beat Meowth after facing Metagross which leads to discussions regarding the strength of all 3 Pokémon namely the relative strength of Meowth and Mega Sceptile.

By the way there's something I've wanted to address for a while.

The Johto League had 3 1 vs 1s, 2 3 vs 3s and 4 full battles while the Hoenn League had 1 1 vs 1, 3 2 vs 2 doubles and 5 full battles. If we equate the 3 vs 3s with the double battles then the only disparity is 2 1 vs 1s for JL and 1 full battle for HL. In conclusion the HL wasn't a particularly grueling format unless you also consider the JL to be nearly as grueling and even if you do, the point still comes across that winning such a league doesn't automatically mean you should be revered like you implied that Tyson should be for winning the HL.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If a League/Tournament is full of trainers who are pretty much around the same level, then by the gruelling format of elimination one will obviously ultimately end up as the Champion. That's what happened in the Hoenn League- No trainer truly stood above the other. The same Ash who barely won against Katie and Morrison, lost by a hairlength against Tyson(it was possibly the closest battle in the entire Anime). So I think it's pretty much fair to say that Tyson wasn't much above than the others, he managed to win the close matches and somehow scraped through the hanging axe of elimination.

As a big fan of cricket, I'd like to compare what I said above by comparing it to a global ICC tournament- like the 2016 T20 world cup. No team truly stood above the other, West Indies won because they manage to win the close matches and barely scraped through the hanging axe of elimination- this is somewhat comparable to Tyson winning the Hoenn League. But, in the 2015 ODI world cup, Australia was clearly the team who dominated the tournament and won, they truly stood above the others. This is somewhat comparable to Alain winning the Kalos League.

So, I think there is no need to overrate Tyson as a League champion. As for me, I think Sawyer will certainly win if Tyson vs Sawyer happens. His Mega Sceptile is just too powerful for Tyson's team- it isn't much below Ash-Greninja to be honest. It is certainly capable of wiping out some Tier 2 Pokemon in OHKO's. While Tyson remaining team are arguably better than Sawyer's remaining team, that still isn't enough to close the sheer disparity of power between Mega Sceptile and Tyson's Pokemon. So in a hypothetical matchup, I think this will play out like this-

Shiftry vs Slurpuff- Slurpuff
Donphan vs Slurpuff- Donphan
Donphan vs Salamence- Draw
Hariyama vs Slaking- Slaking
T Sceptile vs Slaking- T Sceptile
T Sceptile vs Clawitzer- Draw
Metagross vs Aegislash- Metagross
Metagross vs S Sceptile- S Sceptile
Meowth vs Mega Sceptile- Mega Sceptile

Pretty desicive 6-5 win for Sawyer.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Guys, could Riley's Lucario for example beat A-G or Alain's MCX? IIRC Riley's Lucario ( and Riley himself) created an aura that withstood bomb that could've destroyed Iron Island. Is that actual feat or outlier? So, Riley's Lucario>>A-G and MCX?
I'd say that is actual feat,but what he used can't be used as an attack. Maybe as durability( like Protect).If that would be as durability, then attacks from A-G and MCX wouldn't penetrate it.What do you guys think?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Guys, could Riley's Lucario for example beat A-G or Alain's MCX? IIRC Riley's Lucario ( and Riley himself) created an aura that withstood bomb that could've destroyed Iron Island. Is that actual feat or outlier? So, Riley's Lucario>>A-G and MCX?
I'd say that is actual feat,but what he used can't be used as an attack. Maybe as durability( like Protect).If that would be as durability, then attacks from A-G and MCX wouldn't penetrate it.What do you guys think?

I think that that level of aura can only be achieved in life-threatening situations. Also notable would be the fact that they wouldn't necessarily need o fend off the entire shockwave from the bomb, just enough to survive the blast with only minor injuries. I haven't seen that episode in a long time though so I'm not really clear on what actually happens.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Weakest Pokemon with a known Trainer that beats Movie 10 Darkrai?
I honestly don't think there is any individual Pokemon under a trainer, the strongest of which is probably Cynthia's Garchomp, that can if one takes into account its performance and feats against both (slightly injured) Palkia and Dialga.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.