• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Breeding Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Hellooo

I, roloox, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hi everyone, i´d like to start my introduction with the somewhat forgotten introduction questions:

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding? The egg moves that cant be learned in any other way
What was the first pokemon you bred? Rattata
What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? I breeded two Pikachu with a Light Ball to get a Pichu with Volt Tackle (but since at the time I didnt know about the IVs, its stats ara kind of random.
Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? An "adamant" and Quick tempered" Rattata with great Att. IV from the parent (Primeape), unfortunatelly with no egg move
Why do you breed pokemon? For getting egg moves, selective IV value pokemon and just relaxing. Also I dream of discoverin an egg move thats not registered on Serebii XD
What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred? SNEASEL!!!
What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring? Three weeks and about 100 eggs to get a female, modest Eevee with a characteristic that encourages sp.def and sp.def IV from the parent (a hardy female flaeron with a docile male slakoth). YAY!
Have you ever hatched a shiny? No *sob*
Have you managed to breed a starter? Yes, two bulbasaur, one turtwig, two torchic, one treecko, one totodile, one cindaquil and a squirtle (all males)

Also, I´d like to join this club because i love breeding when I get bored of battling and stuff. In a somewhat related notice I decided to specialize on the ice type, so i breeded an entire ice type team with some egg moves and elevated IV values. Ill tell you more about the team on later posts... maybe Hope you accept me.

Weeew... That was a long post for me...

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I, AquaRegisteel, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

I'd like to join this since breeding has fascinated me, but i admit I haven't bred that much. My most recent breed was 2 months ago and it was an Air Slash Oshawott that needs EVing.
An intro Question:
Have you ever hatched a shiny? No, unfortunately.

Thanks to whoever accepts me!

Welcome to both roloox and AquaRegisteel! I'd love to welcome you both into a bustling hive of activity but our members have been rather quiet lately...

Be sure to check out the Circuit and feel free to discuss any breeding related topic!

I regret that I still haven't taken images of my Pichu, nor have I done a lot of hunting over the past few days, things have been a bit upside down lately.

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Anyways...

Wow, the thread is kind of quiet...
Well, as I said on my introduction I recently decided to specialize in the Ice type pokemon, wich would be irrelevant to this club´s forum if i hadn´t breeded every pokemon on my new team:

;215; female- Jolly (likes to relax) - Breeded from a female Wevile and a
male Meowth
Egg moves: Taunt, Bite, Fake out
;220; male- Adamant (Quick to flee) - Breeded from a female Swinub and
a male Primeape
;238; female- Calm (Often Dozes off) - Breeded from a Jynx and a Croagunk
Egg Move: Nasty Plot
;363; female- Timid (Quick to flee) - Breeded from two Spheals
;459; female- Quirky (Good preseverance)- Breeded from a Snover and a
male Lapras
Egg move: Mist
;133; female- Modest (Somewhat vain) - Breeded from a female Flareon and
a male Eevee

I breeded them in my SS version and I havent calculated the IVs yet because I´m on the process of EV training them, but Im sure Eevee has 31 IV on its sp.def because I used the power band on Faeron before breeding.

I´d also like to announce that I will try to complete the breeding circuit.

Last edited:

ShinyDoug

Shine?
Hey, long time no post! *shot for terrible joke*

A warm welcome to all new members. Every person who joins means the potential for this place to actually have some activity instead of being the run-down, unloved place it is now. Show the club some love, people!

Currently looking to get my hands on a Female, DW Vulpix for breeding purposes. I'm trying to come up with a good moveset/nature/EVs. Can somebody who has an ounce of competitive skill (i.e. not me) tell me what they would reccomend? I checked Smogon but can't decide on a set. I'm thinking of double status, which would require egg move Hypnosis. Ideas?

Happy Breeding To All!

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hi, it seems I have not been active for a while, so I'm popping by to "show this club some love" as ShinyDoug warmly put it (actually not trying to be sarcastic here).

ShinyDoug, I don't which analysis for Ninetails you had a look at, but if you only checked the old DP one, you should definitely hang out here instead, seeing it's 5th gen and all: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83000
(sorry if I'm just posting the obvious, but I know it took me a while before I actually realized they were pre-posting the upcoming analyses).
So how should EV-train it basically really depends on how you want to use ninetails on your team, if you have one. I tend to have problems making out teams before starting breeding like crazy, so if I were you, I would go for something solid, like the specially offensive set or the specially offensive set w/life orb. To be honest, I think you'll be safe going for a timid one, seeing as ninetails is very frail, you're going to want to go first as often as possible. In my opinion, I would avoid hypnosis, as it will leave you pulling your hair out with frustration every time it misses, which is, well, too often. I would definitely go for WoW though, as it might also allow you to take a hit from an unboosted (not too strong) physical attacker. This again underlines how vital speed is, so I would go for timid, 252 speed, and then defensive or offensive, depends on how you like it;)

When it comes to me, well, I've just started my first MM-hunt... Solosis. The reason behind this is a little silly, but I always really loved the Reuniclus-line, both the normal and the shiny line. I was actually so obsessed about getting a shiny one that I even dreamt I encountered one! I already bred an extremely functional Calm Mind Reuniclus with 31/31/27/31 IVs in HP, Def, Sp.A and Sp.Def, but I sort feel like having a Trick Room set as well, and if I'm going to have another Reuniclus, well... I kind of want it to look a little different. Right now I'm stacking up nine boxes of hatched solosis, closing my eyes as they hatch and as I box them to increase the excitement. I'm a dork, I know... Praying that if I actually get one, it won't be adamant or jolly or something else useless.

Good breeding!

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Hi everyone,
I´d like this post to be a show off of how much I´ve advanced onmy Ice only specially breeded team or MM shiny Sneasel hunt... but I have failed D:

However its not all just shame that I bring to this, our club, as I´d like to announce I managed to breed a Volt Tackle Pichu (although I´m not sure it has the ridght IVS, but if it does you will be watching it´s picture any day now) and the incense baby (a Munchlax)

Also I´d like to get a couple examples of the "Eggstatic for new moves" leg of the circuit, Ijust don´t get it lol

We'll probably amend the new moves leg as it is confusing people but for now just keep breeding and if it has interesting egg moves i'm sure it'll fit the bill.

Sorry for the inactivity from myself, I had my laptop confiscated <.< Yes a 22 year old is being treated like a pre-teen in her own home! Gah!

Anyway I have the internet back so i'll be uploading my pichu pics soon... Remember I bred one for the leg... yeah it was ages ago now =/

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Sorry to hear about your laptop, Pucca. It strikes me how much I depend on the internet when playing pokémon, in contrast to how it used to be in the old days. When breeding, which is what I do the most, I constantly need to plan ahead for egg moves etc., check for IVs, and even make an overview of all the joints and parents involved in the process.

As for my shiny hunt, well, after about 900 eggs or so I decided to take a break. Shiny-luck has never been on my side, so maybe it's just not meant to be.
I have however been very lucky when it comes to my newest special-attackers:
My dream world nidoran finally turned out the way I wanted:
Hustle, timid, 26-27/31/28-29/31/31/31
With all the factors involved (nature 50 %, gender 50 %, ability 40 %), I could not have asked for anything better.
Today I hatched my final Dark Pulse Deino with an ekans from HG as its father:
Hustle, modest, 28-29/8-9/26-27/31/31/31
I just realized it looks rather similar to the nidoran IV-wise, apart from not having a 31 in attack (though I've breen randomly hatching a lot with 31 in atk, seems they just keep wanting a good attack stat for no apparent reason.)
I'm not sure if any of these fit into the circuit, but I'll have a look at it later. Right now I'm just obsessed with getting this not-really-established team together. I know I'll be including a lucario, and perhaps a toxicroak and a gyarados, but who knows? I also will be needing an excadrill for my sand team, so looking forward to that.
Oh, to finish off, I'm helping my brother out with is mono-fighting team, consisting of gallade, scrafty, lucario, heracross and infernape. I'll be breeding scraggy and riolu for him.

Good luck to everybody, whatever project you're currently engulfed in!

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Hi, everyone, first of all I´d like to say it´s good to see Pucca back; then, down to our business.

I think it´s important to mention that i was one of the "confused people (or maybe only person)" about one of the circuit legs, however I think I have found a pokemon that qualifies for the eggstatic leg (a Sneasel with Reflect and Ice punch), and I am in the process of breeding it ( additionally to a flawless IV, jolly Sneasel with bite and fake out and a shinny Sneasel).
But I´m not advancing much on that breeding, since I also decided to start my White version with a "hit me with your best shot" challenge (wich includes a SR shinny Snivy and other five pokemon that have to be breeded with a perfect stat IV and at least one egg move) and I still can´t seem to get the shinny Snivy...

BTW, I still need three pokemon for the challenge, so I thought to ask for help here, since the challenge includes mainly breeding restrictions

Anyways, congrats to Solfatara on his Nidoran and Deino and good luck to all on your proyects!

I, Titanium Magneto, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
I've always enjoyed breeding since it came out in the Pokemon series. However, I didn't find out about egg moves and the such until late into Emerald. I think it would be a great experience to learn from the people here in the Breeding Club. =)

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Joy, new members! I guess one of the admins will have to accept you, but I can still say welcome, Magneto:)
Oh kay, first, to roloox: Thank you! And I don't mean to be pedantic or anything, but I happen to be a girl:) Seems you're breeding some nice sneasels. Only three of them... haha, I can tell you're a fan. When it comes to your challenge, it sounds a little impossible to me. With my shiney-luck, I would never even get started on it. Anyway, if you're looking for egg-move members, go for a recovery Jellicent with a 31 in (at least) defense. It will definitely make a nice team member. Teach it Scald. If you want it to look somewhat decent, make it Pringles-male.

As for me, I just bred another pokémon for what now seems to turn into a new team to blast through black once I'm done breedng and EV-training them.
This time around it was lucario, and I decided to go for a physical adamant one. I was having a bit of trouble getting an adamant female to breed with my smeargle, due to the gender ratio and bad luck. I first got five females of which none were adamant, until the sixth not only was adamant, but turned out like this:
Adamant, Inner Focus (with bullet punch, but I might remove that for crunch or stone edge)
Outstanding overall potential, IVs: 30/31/31/28-29/24-25/31
I can't believe my luck, considering it was bred with the worst parent so far, a female lucario with only decent overall potential and a single 31 stat in defense. I guess it was lucky along with smeargle, which packed 31 in HP, atk, sp.def and speed.
I'm so pleased to end up with a female one! Nickname: Lumine, after my friend A d v e n t.

Now I've only just started the long process of breeding an outrage garchomp for my subway team. Breeding dragons is such a pain D:

Oh well, enough about me, I'd like to hear how all of you guys are progressing!

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Well, I hadn´t posted anything cause there was nothing to be said... till now

First of all, welcome to the club Titanium Magneto, and secondly, thank you Solfatara for the new team member (although I dont know what a Pringles-male is, or is that just the gender and nickname?), lately the 5th "Hit me with yoour best shot" challenge thread has been a bit too quiet so I still don´t have the full team

Now, on topic, after getting my new shinny Snivy, I got myself down to breeding again. Right now I´m hatching a lot of Azurril and Trubbish eggs for the challenge and aiming for that shinny sneasel (since I finally got a japanese Ditto). Afterwards I´m goind crazy with the MM to breed all my favoryte shinnies (Azumarril, Pineco, Eevee, the starters and others), so you might wanna take advantage of my newly found enthusiasm if you want me to hatch you a shinny

Also, I´m now on the hunt of a foreign Field Egg group pokemon to make the MM breeding more fit for the club´s policys (the no Ditto one in particular)

Thanks for the welcome! I was wondering if you guys/girls could give me some tips for IV breeding. I've bred egg moves and done Masuda Method breeding, but I've never bred for IVs before. Is there anything you guys could tell me to help? Thanks.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
I would like to join :)

I, Billy Mays, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
Hi, Billy Mays here! I am a breeder (as well as many other things) for the Sky Reaper clan, as well as a competitive battler. (although I don't end up battling much.) I am currently breeding for a Jolly Axew with Mold Breaker, but I heard that a certain co-owner has spare Jolly Axews and is from a different country than me, so I could try out MMing for a shiny Axew. If I could have one of those Axews Pucca I would really appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
@Roloox: No problem^^ Pringles-male is just what I call the male because I think it resembles pringles (you know, the chips), a lot, hehe. So sure, why not name him Pringles? Up to you though!

@Magneto: There are several IV-breeding guides out there, and I would recommend checking out smogon in particular. I did also post a little(/long) IV-breeding guide a few months back that you might find useful. It is on page 5, here's the link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=488191&page=5
This was back in april, and I was not at all updated on the new genV breeding mechanics. Keep in mind that the everstone can now successfully be held by both pokémon, and that breeding with ditto, ditto does not have to be the carrier. I also must question if the IVs are passed down in the same manner (that about HP only being passed down the first round, and defense only the first and second), but I'm not sure about this. I still operate in about the same way as in this guide though, and still with some success:)

Welcome to both Titanium Magneto and Billy Mays.

Of course I can spare Axews, I still have a good box full. =]

I've been hatching Tirtouga eggs recently, 300 and no shiny so i'll need to get another batch on the go at somepoint.

I managed to find a Female Drought Vulpix on the GTS! I was so thrilled when I saw the ability! xD Then I look at the nature... it's timid! Then I talk to the iv man... Outstanding potential with perfect speed and HP. She's also Japanese! X_X How lucky did I get? I'm pretty sure she was from a batch of iv breed Vulpix as she was hatched and the ivs speak for themselves. Although she has been trained a little so I do not know the accurate ivs.

After Tirtouga shines i'll definately be using this to breed for a shiny Drought Vulpix but I think because this is a breeding club and not a shiny club i'll be getting some interesting egg moves on the babies and see how well the ivs turn out.

As for my other breeding projects... they've not really gotten anywhere due to me having other real life issues just now, nothing to worry about but they take up time.

Quite a lucky Smeargle Solfatara, I wish my Scythers were lucky like that :p Wow I've not looked at my Scythers since 5th gen came out oops.

It would be good if there was a mailing system in pokemon where you could send a pokemon to a friend code and they could pick it up when they go on their game. It would make it easier for people who can't trade easily because of timezone differences. Obviously you wouldn't be able to pick up the pokemon without trading something back and it would have to be one that the sender has selected before sending.

Sorry random thought.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I, Ballistic Buizel, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
Hi. I would like to join because I really don't know all that much about breeding and I thought that maybe I could learn a bunch from this club. I MM breed but I want to learn more about IV breeding.

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
I, Andrew Lima, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

The reason I want to join this club is because I love breeding Pokémon and egg moves.

Also, IV breeding is pretty fun too!

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Well, first of all, as a non-leader I'd like to welcome to Ballisic Buizel (I share the grief over the closure of the Shinnies Hunters Club), hope you have fun in here and perhaps you could tell us about your current and past proyects?

And welcome to Andrew (It's nice to see you joining the rooster), to whom I already know as a breeder from another thread

Now that all that is clarified, I'm still on the hunt of a flawless and a shinny Sneasel (hopefully both on the same individual), I have hatched over 200 now, among wich are some very good egg moves an IV. Additionally, I have completed the challenge of breeding I took in an outstanding time (if I may say it myself) and will also start in a similar breeding proyect related only to Panpour
So wish me luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.