• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Breeding Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Welcome alfredo3001, we're glad to have you here! Glad that you like to breed!
Now update, up to around 900 eggs on Ekans, still hoping for a shiny one, but if I find one with good IV's I'll keep it for sure. Hope everyone's having a good time breeding, and good luck to you all!

I, beginingbreeder, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hi I would like to join so that i can learn more about breeding. I only started breeding in Soul Silver and I really am starting to like it, and maybe get some help with it if i have a question.

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding? I saw the benifits of it and just wanted to try it.
What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own) sudowoodo
What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? (Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc) Haven't yet
Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected. n/a
Why do you breed pokemon? I get a thrill out of it.
What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred? pichu
What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring? two days

Added by MewLover360
Have you ever hatched a shiny? no
Have you managed to breed a starter? no

Welcome to the club beginingbreeder, i hope you will learn all you need to know and show us some top bred pokemon! :)

As for me, not really bred any more Scyther, been playing White version alot. I plan to breed a shiny Axew at some point because shiny Haxorus is one of the best shinies imo.

Is anyone else planning to breed for shinies in 5th gen? Has anyone bred a shiny in 5th gen?

ShinyDoug

Shine?
I decided to MM Munna since it has such a low step count to hatch. I have hatched 29 Munna eggs in a new hunt that I may or may not continue. However, when the 30th egg was hatching, my DSi did the all-too-often thing that it does of turning off when the left front corner is hit lightly. I REALLY hope it wasn't a shiny. I chose Munna because it is really easy to hatch, especially with my Flame Body Magmortar, which causes some to hatch before I get all 5 in my party.

Good luck to all of you guys!

Last edited:
I'm currently hatching Axew in 5th gen.

I'm aiming for an Adamant nature and a shiny version of it. So far about 60 eggs hatched, the going will be slow for i have a lot of college work to do.

Good luck on the Munna! I heard there was a way to speed up hatching even more by using something from the Entralink or w/e it's called but it's not permanent.
Plus i do not know if it affects shiny production.

Last edited:

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
I got bored of hatching Pichus at egg 200.So I stoped MM So I can...IV Breed... Turtwig!In Honour of Torterra,the fallen Starter.What I should do with the Leftovers?Oh and I´ll start Breeding after my break
=P
EDIT:pucca_ness,I said that what I should do with the pichus.And aiming for 31 IVs in the defenses.And we should do a MM Race.The first one in hatch a shiny wins

Last edited:
^Leftovers won't affect anything in breeding. If you want to pass down natures use an everstone. If you want to pass ivs in HG/SS use the power items. What IVs are you aiming for? Any egg moves?

Also i'll have to give you a strike as you have less than four sentences and less than 40 words. Those are the rules i'm afraid.

Hatched 135 Axew eggs and no shiny yet. It may take some time!!

Any of you guys got ideas of challenges/activities we could do in the club? I was thinking of a circuit of some sort however i am unsure of how it would work or what stages would be involved.

EDIT: I was referring to the Turtwigs :p AND by leftovers you meant Pichu's I do apologise haha! I was thinking in terms of items for some reason. You should trade them off on Serebii, you'd be surprised how popular bred pokemon with egg moves are.

I will take the MM hunt into consideration ;) any ideas are welcome!

Last edited:
I hate giving out strikes but beginingbreeder you get one for that one liner. Please look over the rules on the front page, thanks.

Also shinies can be obtained in a few ways - Random encounters, soft resetting and breeding. As this is a breeding thread I will go into more detail in that area.

The chance of finding a shiny is 1 in 8192. That does not mean that after encountering 8192 pokemon a shiny will definately appear. It means that every time you encounter a pokemon the chance of being shiny is 1/8192 everytime.

The same goes with breeding, however if you put your pokemon into daycare with a pokemon from a foreign cart to your own it lowers the chance to 1/2000ish (cannot remember the exact numer) if in 4th gen or 1/1300 (again, not accurate) if you're breeding in 5th gen.

It can still take lots of eggs to get the shiny. It took only 11 eggs to find my shiny Charmander but over 1000 to find my shiny Dratini.

Also the shinyness of an egg is determined when it is generated in 4th gen but in 5th gen it is determined when you pick it up. So in 5th gen you can Soft reset for eggs easier.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
I regret to inform you beginingbreeder, but I have to ban you for two weeks. You broke three separate rules with your post:
1. It was a one liner.
2. It was less than 40 words and 4 sentences.
3. It was off topic, if you want to discuss how to get shiny pokemon, you should go to the Shiny Hunter's Club for that.
Sorry if the rules are a bit strict, but spammers are all too common, not that I'm saying you are one, but those rules are there to prevent them. See you in two weeks, meaning you can post again after April 1, 2011.
Now, on topic, I'm importing my Arbok and Ditto so that I can breed in Black and White for some pretty good moves, and to continue my MM shiny hunt. Have fun breeding everyone!

Last edited:

redbugman97

Pokemaniac!
I, redbugman97, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding? There is a chance you could get a shiny Pokemon (Masuda Method) and you could also get special moves!
What was the first pokemon you bred? I can't remember. I believe it was a Bidoof just for testing.
What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? I bred a male Machamp and a female Infernape to get a baby Chimchar to train or trade!
Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected. I got a female baby Zorua! I heard some guy hatched 80 Zorua eggs and none were female! Zoruas appearing to be a female is as rare as a starter Pokemon appearing female.
Why do you breed pokemon? I breed to get Pokemon to know special moves and for filling out my Pokedex.
What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred? Breeding for any rare Pokemon is very fun!
What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring? It probably took me about a week because I was more into training.
Have you ever hatched a shiny? Unfortunately, I have never hatched a shiny Pokemon.
Have you managed to breed a starter? Yes, I have! Many times!

I hope I get accepted!

Last edited:

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Welcome to the club redbugman97, glad to have you! (and yes, this means you're accepted :) ) Now onto business, I got my Arbok to my Black and have been breeding, got an Ekans with a 31 Attack IV, and a 30 Speed IV, so I'm planning on raising him. Up to around 40 eggs on my Ekans MM Hunt. Good luck to you all, and happy breeding!

redbugman97

Pokemaniac!
Hooray! I am accepted! Thank you Admin Miror B! Anyways, I found my old Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl National Pokedex book and it contains a TON of breeding information. I'm thinking about breeding my female Charizard with a male Pokemon that knows Dragon Dance so I could get a super-strong sweeping baby Charmander. I'm thinking about using a Pokemon from the Axew family to breed with Charizard...

Alistair150

Back from the Dead
I, Alistair150, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding? Mostly MM and chain breeding. I plan to make a perfect Wi-Fi team and when I saw this group I just though, heck why not :)
What was the first pokemon you bred? Hmm... Probably a bagon but if you go all the way back it was probably when I tried breeding two dittos together :D
What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason? Bagon for my pro team. That bagon is now a salamence with DD :D
Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? Hmm... not really a gem but definitely unexpected. I had a level 7 jigglypuff in my fire red game which for some reason I taught mega punch and mega kick... don't ask me why. Anyways I put that jigglypuff in the day care and that was 3 years ago :p I found out a week ago that there was a lvl 68 jigglypuff in the daycare on my firered and wanna know what the craziest thing was??? The moveset was sing, uproar, and... something else I can't remember but neither mega punch or mega kick were still there :D
Why do you breed pokemon? Mostly for moves and certain natures, but plan to start MM soon when I get a japanese ditto :)
What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred? Dunno, probably lillipup since I would get one every 30 seconds and I had 4 boxes full of eggs. And I like lillipup anyways, its cute :D
What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring? Dunno, never really though about it
Have you ever hatched a shiny? Unfortunately... no
Have you managed to breed a starter? Yup, a few hundred cyndaquils were crammed in my PC box on a separate game one time. Good times :D

Hello, welcome to the club redbugman97 and Alistair150! New members yay!

30 seconds per Lillipup? Well that's better than the 2-8 mins per Axew =/ Took me two hours to fill four boxes!

Speaking of which, i've collected 250 more eggs, putting my count up to 400 in total. I really hope the Axew shines in this batch because of my SR hunt for Suicune taking 66 hours and still no shiny is getting annoying. Plus that Dratini... over 1000 eggs... damn.

We're working on a circuit just now and any ideas would be greately appreciated! =3

In reference to the Jigglypuff with the mega moves. Working with breeding parents while passing egg moves is a pain as they forget the moves and learn the next one as they level up. That's why the Jigglypuff did not have the moves your thought it did. You have to keep removing them from DC and juggle the moves about.

Dunno if this works with HMs. Does anyone know if HMs get deleted? I may need to test this.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Yes, HM's do get deleted at the day care. It's a nuisance, I know, but we just have to deal with it. Welcome Alistair150, glad to see you join this here club. No news for me, other than that I'm now raising the Ekans with the good IV's, and I'm still hunting for a MM Ekans. Good luck to you all in your breeding, and have fun!

Alistair150

Back from the Dead
After getting my much anticipated Japanese Ditto of wi-fi i've decided to cancel my Roggenrola search and try the Masuda Method. I've narrowed it down to a few for breeding. I could either breed...

A: A shiny Zorua. Don't plan to evolve since shiny Zoroark is ugly and its also the "mascot" for the shiny hunters or...

B: A shiny Torchic. I guess it would be killing two birds with one stone in a way seeing as I have been SRing for a shiny Torchic atm. Plus it would be my first shiny starter! As well as first shiny. So like I said, two birds with one stone! Or two torchics with one stone? O.O

Breeding a Zorua is a grand idea. I'm going to hunt it in the future as part of my Black shiny collection.

However i'd be too tempted to evolve it :p Love the Purple and black/dark brown combo on Zoroark!

I've hatched 450 Axew eggs... GAH! No shiny but i'll keep going!!

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
After more careful consideration, it has been determined that Shinydoug will from this time henceforth shall be another co-owner. He has shown himself as reliable and competent enough for the place of co-owner. As co-owner, Shinydoug does have the power to give out strikes, and will assist the owner (me), and the other co-owner (Pucca_ness) in our duties. I hope you agree with my decision to enstate him as a co-owner, and that he will do his job well.
Now, just to report, we will soon start the annual Pokemon Breeding Circuit, a competition with five legs and we race to see who can fulfill all five legs first. This is just for fun (sorry we can't really award any prizes), and it will probably start in the next few months (in the meantime, we will plan and converse about it), and I will post when it begins. Good luck in your breeding!

ShinyDoug

Shine?
Wow, it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted. Sorry about that. If any of you also follow the Shiny Pokemon Club, you'll know what has been taking my time, but in case you don't, it is school, my 3DS, and my gf :))). Anywho, this has also taken away my Munna time, as well as any other Pokemon time I would normally have. Basically I don't have much time.

Also, as Admin announced a while ago, I'm a co-owner now :) Basically that changes nothing other than me now being another person who can hand out strikes and work on club stuff. So we will begin the Circuit soon, and I am actually seeing if I can make a decent prize in the form of a banner. Good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.