• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Breeding Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the new members Ballistic buizel and Andrew lima.

I'll have to warn you both though that those posts are too short so don't be making them that short in the future. I'm being nice today because the amount of people who never post again after getting a strike from their first post is depressing. -_-

I'm glad things are a bit more active just now, but of course breedng takes time and since no spamming is allowed it's only natural that the posts be a bit far between each other.

No more shiny hunting clubs in the future ever, makes it seem like shiny hunting is bad or something.

Anyway, good luck roloox and everyone else keep up the good work!

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hi again!
Welcome to new members, hope you will update us on your projects, as we're very anxious to hear all about your best breeds, favourite pokémon to breed, etc. If you go back to the first page, there's an introduction you can fill out so we get to know more about you:)

Me, I just finished my last mon in my team of five: Gible. It does not have quite as good IVs as the others, but I decided to go for it after ages of nothing better, and Garchomp is not my absolute favourite anyway. Nickname: Acronotus, after the blacknose shark.
I'm very pleased with the finished team, and here are the final results:

;032; Metochi, M: Timid, Hustle
Outstanding, 26-27/31/28-29/31/31/31

:633: Salvini, M: Modest, Hustle, w/ Dark Pulse
Outstanding, 28-29/8-9/26-27/31/31/31

:529: Passanger, F: Adamant, Sand Rush
Outstanding, 30/31/31/20-21/26-27/31

;447; Lumine, F: Adamant, Inner Focus
Outstanding, 30/31/31/28-29/24-25/31

;443; Acronotus, M: Jolly, Sand Veil
Outstanding, 26-27/31/20-21/4-5/28-29/31

I just finished EV-training them, and I'm very much looking forward to going through black with these guys. I guess a little breeding break is coming up for me, unless I feel like taking up on that MM I had going on with japanese ditto and Solosis.

Can I just clear something up? Why are we talking as if MM-ing belongs more to shiny-hunting than to breeding? Roloox, you mentioned you should breed them with egg moves, since it's a breeding club, but is that really necessary..? MM'ing is definitely not my favourite part of breeding, but I'm just asking...

Good breeding[:

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
Well, as breeding projects go. I'm trying to assemble a "modern" Steven Stone team!

These are the Pokés I already bred for it so far!

Skarmory (Valkyrie) : 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 29, Impish

Pineco (Wall-E) 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 2, Relaxed

Ferroseed (Nutella) 31 / 31 / 28 / 13 / 31 / 4, Sassy

Baltoy (HelloDolly) 31 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 25 / 31, Bold

Riolu (Paprika) 31 / 31 / 22 / 31 / 24 / 31, Jolly

Beldum (HAL 9000) 31 / 31 / 24 / 18 / 25 / 31, Adamant

So what do you guys think of this team I'm constructing?

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Alright thanks for accepting me into the club! I'm really not good at breeding which is why I wanted to join. Although, I have MMed before (my beloved shiny Axew after 18 eggs). I would like to learn how to IV breed. Do you need parents with flawless IV's if you want a pokemon with flawless IV's? I have Iris's Axew, which has flawless IV's, so if I used that to breed, would they be passed down even if the other pokemon breeding with Iris's Axew had crappy IV's? Thanks! - BB

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
@Ballistic Buizel: Only three IVs will be inherited down to the offspring. This means that with two flawless parents, every offspring will have a maximum of three 31 IVs, but this still leaves at least three stats to be randomized.
So, even with flawless parents, your chance of getting a flawless offspring is only about 0.00003, or 0,003 % if you like. (My calculations are (1/32)^3)
So when IV-breeding, you're still going to rely on luck A LOT, and expecting flawless pokes just will not get you anywhere. The clue still is to keep on breeding for good parents though, as this will drastically increase your chances of hatching something good. Keep in mind that it's random which parent it inherits from. It can inherit 2 stats from the mother and 1 from the father, or 3 from the mother, regardless of her IVs. A stat can also be inherited twice, so if you inherit a 31 speed IV from the mother, this can be overwritten by a 14 speed IV from the father. No shortcuts here. Only the stats passed down with a power item are secure, and that's only one stat per breed.

@Andrew Lima: That's a very nicely bred team you have there! I'm impressed with your results, and particularly your relaxed Pineco, which I presume you'll want to pack Gyro Ball?
It kind of reminds me of a Solosis I hatched that I might put on a trick room set, which looked like this:
Solosis, Modest:
31/x/31/31/28-29/0-1
I also had a few Quiet ones, but they didn't get the same low speed IV, so I picked this one in the end:)
As for the team, well, I'm sure you're very well aware of your big weaknesses, but I guess this is not exactly a team meant to do extremely well competitively (although I'm sure it could pull that off too, to some degree), but more of a hobby team, which in truth is what I like to do the most as well:) Have you EV-trained and evolved them? If so, how are they working for you? :)

I, TheAlmightyLucario, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
Thank you, I really hope you will add me.

I am kind of new to the breeding process, well, if you count 6 months ago as "kind of new" XD. When I (by accident) put a compatible pair in the Pokemon Day Care. When I came by to pick them up, the man alerted me that there was an egg and I was really shocked. After that, I did some research and I am pretty good at breeding.

Pokemon I Have Breeded So Far: :613:;419;;201-q;:522:

Coming Soon: :570:

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
@Andrew Lima: That's a very nicely bred team you have there! I'm impressed with your results, and particularly your relaxed Pineco, which I presume you'll want to pack Gyro Ball?
It kind of reminds me of a Solosis I hatched that I might put on a trick room set, which looked like this:
Solosis, Modest:
31/x/31/31/28-29/0-1
I also had a few Quiet ones, but they didn't get the same low speed IV, so I picked this one in the end:)
As for the team, well, I'm sure you're very well aware of your big weaknesses, but I guess this is not exactly a team meant to do extremely well competitively (although I'm sure it could pull that off too, to some degree), but more of a hobby team, which in truth is what I like to do the most as well:) Have you EV-trained and evolved them? If so, how are they working for you? :)

The team so far is working out pretty well! There is an obvious Fire weakness but Claydol takes care of them quite nicely unless it's a Houndoom. In that case, Lucario does quick work of those!

Nice Solosis! I bred a pretty great Adamant Guts Machop with these IVs.
31 / 31 / 30 / 9 / 31 / 9

I'm not too concerned about the Speed since Machamp isn't the fastest thing out there. He'll be perfect for a Choice Band set to switch into Will-O-Wisps or something!

King of Pichus I would love to accept you into the club you posted the pledge afterall.
But that was all you posted, the club needs a bit more substance from its members when they post so please edit it with a bit of info about yourself and your breeding efforts.

Wow you've certainly been busy guys Solfatara your team looks great xD

Solfatara said:
Can I just clear something up? Why are we talking as if MM-ing belongs more to shiny-hunting than to breeding? Roloox, you mentioned you should breed them with egg moves, since it's a breeding club, but is that really necessary..? MM'ing is definitely not my favourite part of breeding, but I'm just asking...
I was just trying to encourage a bit of variety as a lot of people focus on shiny breeding than other kinds. However as long as the club stays active I think any kind of breeding is great xD

@Andrew the team is looking good for an almost steel monotype, you've answered with the fire weakness so the Claydol is needed and as long as that Lucario is faster than most Houndooms you should have no problem. My only little niggle is Metagross as it is two types already being used but as it is a Steven Stone team it has to be in otherwise that's his signature poke out. Anyway, it's a beast pokemon and can hold it's own against almost anything. Esp if you get a magnet rise in there.

Keep up the good work guys ^o^ You're being awesome for keeping the club nice and active! It makes life easier for me too as the other two owners of the club have not contacted me or the club in quite a while =/

Last edited:

Vandslaux

I, x_vandslaux_x, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. I really like IV breeding, it gives an edge in Random Matchup, and it's simple, contrary to what people seem to think. I also just think the egg hatching video in BW is cute. I also sometimes attempt to MM with my JP Ditto. I just think breeding is fun in general. I've even bred a Jolly Darumaka with 4 perfect IVs! (HP, Attack, Defense, Speed) If anyone wants a clone, it's UT. (unfortunately, I don't know how to clone.) I'm currently trying to breed a DW Vulpix, but I can't seem to find suitable parents..

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I, Barbeller, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
I'm joining because I enjoy breeding, in fact all my best pokes come from breeding, I think it would be a good way to get even more interested. I have recently MMed both a shiny axew and a shiny rufflet, and am currently MMing for another rufflet as the other one was traded away as a birthday present. I have agreed a trade with someone to get a dream world poliwag and then I will begin trying to get one of those with, HP Steel and other than that flawless.

Also can I say that for the ditto rule, is it absolutely neccasary when your only foreign pokemon is a ditto? It is the only pokemon I can use so...

I have also recently chain bred both toxic spikes and baton pass onto a single venomoth. I was really happy when it appeared and I am pleased I did such a complicated breed.

Last edited:

sonic507

Come at me Flower!
I, sonic507, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
why, you ask? well, I love breeding, and when i found out how to breed pokemon for egg moves, it got me into it.
Also, i was thinking about breeding pokemon in servine's egg group to get some pokemon with energy ball. And i breed some snivys with energy ball, since they learn it via TM.
P.S. i breed a bunery with shadow ball and Toxic! I dont know its ivs, but its highest stats are attack and speed, 13 Attack and 14 Speed repectivly, at lv.5, with a Lax nature, and it's Quick Tempered, with pokerus from when it was an egg, Leafeon was the Father for the egg moves, the Mother was a Lopunny.

Last edited:

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
I dunno lol said:
@Andrew the team is looking good for an almost steel monotype, you've answered with the fire weakness so the Claydol is needed and as long as that Lucario is faster than most Houndooms you should have no problem. My only little niggle is Metagross as it is two types already being used but as it is a Steven Stone team it has to be in otherwise that's his signature poke out. Anyway, it's a beast pokemon and can hold it's own against almost anything. Esp if you get a magnet rise in there.

Well thank you for the input! I tried making it as close to a team that Steven Stone would use. Although, I should also try to fit an Aggron in there somehow and maybe even a Lileep since he uses one of those.

I also bred this beast of a Frillish!

Bold Nature
Water Absorb Ability.

IVs: 31 / 11 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 30

It'll make for a fantastic wall! :)

Vandslaux

I just bred an Outstanding Vulpix! Too bad it has Rash and Flash Fire, though..

Welcome x vandslaux x, Barbeller and Sonic507! Yay more members!

x vandslaux x I have to strike you though -.- One sentence isn't enough as the rules state.
Don't worry about it though it's just a strike, nothing to get upset about or anything. I hope you'll stay and not flee Q.Q

Keep up the good work guys (geez is that becoming my catch phrase or something?) Sorry i'm not very active on the breeding scene just now, I have a lot of real life stuff such as job hunting and family issues to keep on top of. I keep tabs with the club though because it's important to you the members.

If possible can you post up how many of the circuit legs you have completed? Just so I can collect the data easily and get it posted on my first post. It's been a little while since it has been mentioned so I think it would be good to see how everyone is doing.

If you are new to the club and are interested in the breeding circuit look at the first page where info on it is posted.

Vandslaux

I have just now bred an Outstanding Hasty Chlorophyll Seedot on my SoulSilver. I'm doing this for Sucker Punch. Remind me never to do IV Breeding on 4th gen again. It's such a pain to check a baby's IVs! I'm currently IV breeding my Darumaka for even better. I plan for all of my Battle Subway team members (Ninetales, Darmanitan, Shiftry) to have good natures and Outstanding IVs. Just to show how long this one took, it took me a 3 hour car ride to breed 2 Outstanding Seedots. (Other one doesn't have perfect Speed, but has perfect Atk and SAtk, and is Mild, but has Chlorophyll. This one has perfect Speed.) And don't worry, I don't flee when I get a strike. I feel welcome here. Well, THAT put my box space on my SS down to 30 or so. And I've completed the one with IVs and benefitting Nature in the circuit several times. Masuda, now that's going to be the hard one. (No doing easy stuff like shiny Magikarp w/ Flame Body/Magma Armor and Hatching Power S and two Magikarps/Gyarados that get along very well?) I've bred 3 Outstanding pokes since I joined: 2 Seedots and a Vulpix. Outstanding pokes aren't very hard to breed if you breed for long enough.

And about the Steven Stone team: I don't think Steven had a Lucario. Heck, did Lucario exist? It doesn't exactly seem Steven-ish either.. Yeah, try getting in an Aggron and/or a Cradily.

EDIT: Just put the banner in my sig. :)

EDIT EDIT: Here's the 31 in Speed Seedot:

Seedot Chlorophyll
30/21/18/29/22/31
Hasty

It'll make an awesome mixed Growth sun sweeper! Yeah, I know, unimpressive Attack IV, strong special attack IV..

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I, treeko's awesomeness, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
I would love to join this club, as I am an avid Pokémon breeder. As my name and signature suggest, I breed treeckos. While I do have a foreign Sceptile breeding with a local one, I am not really breeding for shinys, just for high quality treeckos. I would like to join this club in order to learn breeding strategies from other members, and share a few of my own. I would be honored if I were to be accepted into this club. Thanks!

Vandslaux

Welcome to the club, Treeckos Awesomeness! I constantly check up on here for some reason. :) IV breeding in Gen IV is such a pain, don't you agree? I just bred a Seedot in my SS, and OMG it is such a pain that the IV guy only says one IV. I actually trained up an lv. 100 Sceptile before my game was corrupted.

Last edited:

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
Hi again! Wow, this place is crawling with new members now, this is great!
As painful as checking IVs in genIV is, it unfortunately is completely necessary at times. I felt it first when I had to breed for a Hippowdon, which HAD to be bred in genIV to really be functional at all (stealth rock), and also while breeding for a father for my Hydreigon, an ekans with dark pulse... Having to check the IVs multiple times can actually lead to some funny surprises, like with my Hippowdon. When the guy confirmed 4 31 IVs (HP, atk, def, sp.def), I was over myself with joy, but first when I came to genV I realized it had 31 i sp.atk as well.
Andrew Lima, it actually reminds me a bit of your machop, which is as good as flawless only with that 9 in speed (which I also don't think is going to be much of a problem to you, it looks amazing as it is now), and mine is the same only with 8 in speed. Since it's in the reasonably large ground group, it's extremeley useful for passing on any IV apart from speed.
Since I finished my team, I am in a bit of a limbo when it comes to breeding at the moment. I finished training them and tried them in the subway, and beat the subway leader at 49 battles on the first try with hippowdon, excadrill and garchomp. I know garchomp is kind of unfair, but I wanted something solid in the subway to beat the leader with. The team is working out great, and I really recommend IV breeding to all of you, and I'm very pleased to see that more and more people are giving it a try!:)
I think I might continue my shiny solosis hunt, but we'll see. Other than that, I have a Darumaka, a Ferrothorn and a Gyarados on my list, so we'll see if I can get around to that. Would you guys suggest an adamant or a jolly Darumaka?

(By the way, I really wish to breed a poison heal gligar, and last night in the dream world I encountered three gligars. Not one was female.)

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Yeah, I know. I was forced to breed in gen IV to teach a Shiftry Sucker Punch. I might also try it in Random Matchup, seeing how a lot of people who use it don't IV breed. What's a better egg hatching spot than Goldenrod/Route 34? About the Gligars: lol that's happening to me with DW Bidoofs.. At first I planned to use a DW Lickilicky to stop others from abusing Sun in my BS team, but I saw that it's mainly a sweeping team (Special sweeper (Ninetales), physical sweeper (Darmanitan), physically inclined mixed attacker (Shiftry, with the IVs, should it be specially inclined? The Seedot is still UT. Too bad it has HP Ghost.)) I should offer the extras in my trade shop. (extra Vulpix and Darumaka, too! I happen to be IV breeding DW Vulpix in my Black, and IV breeding Darumaka in my White.) I'd recommend Jolly. It outspeeds threatening stuff, and you tie with other Jolly Darmanitan (I'm assuming this is BS?) I, personally, run Scarf, in the BS to outrun Scarf Pinsir, and everything that's as fast as Scarf Terrakion and slower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.