• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Breeding Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted here in like a billion years, but I'm back. So, nothing really going for me in breeding right now, haven't had too much time. So yeah, hope you guys have fun during your breeding! Now for me to look at how the circuit is going.

Cell

Infernal Informality
Hey everyone, just a small update. :)

I've eventually succeeded in breeding the toxic 31 IV attack/speed scyther with the correct nature and ability. I had one with 31 Attack, Speed and HP and even the correct nature aswell, but it was the wrong ability. :(

Currently I'm trying to get a shiny Lileep via the Masuda Method, it won't have any egg moves or anything, though. So far I've hatched about 50 and have 5 boxes filled with eggs (150 in total).
Usually I then take the Lileep out of the daycare and just hatch them, but this time I'm hatching with 4 eggs and when I get a new (5th) one, I store it. So far, for every 4 eggs that hatch, I gain about 10.

I'm not going to turn off my DS until I get it shiny, to make sure I don't ruin my chances by the RNG resetting. :)

I have noticed, while breeding for the scyther, that having 2 parents with the same 31 IV (in my case, one with 31 speed, together with one with 31 attack and speed holding a power bracer) had about 80% chance of the offspring having 31 speed aswell.

Admin Miror B said:
Hello, and welcome to the Pokemon Breeding Club! This club is for those breeders who want to talk about special Pokemon that you've breeded to perfection! Masuda Method shinies are also open for discussion here. Now, here are the rules:
Rules:
1. Any one is allowed to accept members.
2. Please try your best to make your posts legible. We're not grammar police, but try and use proper grammar.
3. Only the Owner and Co-Owners may give strikes. Three and you are banned for two weeks. Three more and you are banned for two months. Get another three, and you are banned indefinitely, forever, whatnot.
4. No flaming.
5. No SPAM.
6. Stay on-topic.
7. Don’t complain about how the owner or co-owners do their jobs. If you have a problem with their decisions, contact them via PM or VM.
8. This isn't the place to handle trades; leave that to PMs and VMs if they have a specifically bred Pokemon you want.
9. Do not double/triple post. Do not post one-liners, either.
10. New Rule: Please try to make your posts at least 40 words long and 4 sentences, this is just to help uphold rules 4, 5, and the latter half of 9

11. All SPP Forum rules apply here as well.
12. If there is a spambot/some random spammer, like "Check out this product" and such, DO NOT RESPOND/POST ABOUT THEM.
You will receive one strike if you break any of the rules listed here.
Now, the way to join this club is as follows:
I, (ScreenName), hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. Then, please give a reason for why you want to join the club, whether you're a breeder, or your just interested in breeding Pokemon, whatever, just give a legitimate reason.

Oh, one more rule: HAVE FUN! Enjoy talking about Pokemon you're breeding or have bred!
As you can see the rules state that you must provide some information as to why you want to join the club. Also rules 9 and 10 clearly state how big a post must be and how oneliners are not allowed, just because it is the first post does not exclude it from the rules. I cannot see how this is not clear enough.

From that I will have to strike both zorua tamer and VictoriusVictini.

So glad Admin and Doug have re-surfaced :p I was growing some concern.

As for the circuit

Ballistic Buizel has completed

Eggstatic for New Moves - Bagon with flamethrower
IV got the right NATURE - Half completed
Master of Masuda - shiny Axew

Pucca_ness has completed

Volt Tackular Eggs
Master of Masuda - Axew

I know more of you done some of the circuit, if you could please post your current status with it that would be great, if not in a few days I suppose i'll trawl through the entire club T_T This is what I get for not keeping an active tab on things...
As for me i'm sure that's all i've done so far =/

I'm glad to see you all work together and share information to help each other =3 That was a main reason for me joining and why the club is such a good thing.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I was on holiday for a while and just wanted to post these.
246.png

31/31/31/<5/x/x
Brave
Egg Moves: Pursuit
Ditto used as an IV giver, due to the fact it is the only pokemon I have that is flawless.
I basically bred treecko's until I got a brave male one, then gave it pursuit, bred with a female larvitar. After this I bred the result with my flawless ditto to give it good IVs.

529.png

x/31/x/31/x/x
Mild
Egg Moves:-
Ditto used for IVs
A completely random shiny, my second ever (I got my first on another shiny drilbur 30 eggs earlier, which is quite amazing. It was also Mild and it wasn't as good), I was really pleased with it. Unfortunately it was mild, but flawless in speed and attack made it up for me, making it the cherry of the batch, especially as they are the only stats excadrill uses.

220.png

??? (Most likely flawless in HP, Attack and Speed, but I don't know and can't check)
Adamant
Egg Moves: Icicle Crash
Ditto used for IVs
I bred beartic (with icicle crash) and piloswine to get an adamant swinb, and then bred that with ditto to get the IVs.​

Sorry about all the Ditto's, It's just this team is for competitive uses and I'd prefer to have it exemplary. So I won't count it on the breeding circuit.

Excellent work Barbeller, Those are excellent breeds there, nice on getting two random shinies too, especially such a nice one!

I haven't got much more to add really, been taking a bit of a break from pokemon and doing other things with life but I still check up here often.

Still needing more info from members concerning the shiny circuit results. I'll wait a bit longer since it's the beginning of the school year again, the last few days of summer are precious, do not waste them.

Loudredlou

(no user title)
I'm back from the dead! I have a lot to update! Here's a list of all the Pokémon I've bred:

Treecko
Timid
Overgrow

Seedot
Rash
Chlorophyll

Lileep
Bold
Suction Cups

Snover
Naive
Snow Warning

Ferroseed
Sassy
Iron Barbs

Natu
Timid
Synchronize

I bred all of these for a new team I'm making just for fun. I haven't played my White for a while so I'm only at 80 Sevipers.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
I, bug pro, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
Hi people! ^___^
Yup, im back. I felr there was no reason to breed if I cant use the pokemon in someway to show it. So I got WiFi, which means a reason to breed. So I have a list now.

Spinarak
Swarm / Timid
Elektroweb

That guy is one of my later breeds, just for fun. But now I will start MMing, chaining (as soon as I knowwhat it is) eggmove breed, nature breed, EVERYTHING!
And heres my current goal:

Eevee
(Havent choosed nature yet, he has many eeveeloutions) / anticipation
Whish
Baton Pass

So I hope you accept that I resign! ^___^

roloox

Ice Type Fan
Hi bugpro!
Since the rules say that anyone can accept members, you're accepted! BTW that eeveee sounds good for competitive battling...

As for myself, I finally managed to breed a 31 IV speed, att and sp.att. panpour and I'm trying to get my hands iin the flawless shinny sneasel I've wantedsince forever. I'll probably start with the circuit again

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I, bug pro, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.
Hi people! ^___^
Yup, im back. I felr there was no reason to breed if I cant use the pokemon in someway to show it. So I got WiFi, which means a reason to breed. So I have a list now.

Spinarak
Swarm / Timid
Elektroweb

That guy is one of my later breeds, just for fun. But now I will start MMing, chaining (as soon as I knowwhat it is) eggmove breed, nature breed, EVERYTHING!
And heres my current goal:

Eevee
(Havent choosed nature yet, he has many eeveeloutions) / anticipation
Whish
Baton Pass

So I hope you accept that I resign! ^___^
Welcome.
Chaining is where in 4th gen you use the pokeradar to hunt for shinys, in a 'chain'. You could look up more details but it hasn't really got anything to do with breeding. Also with eevee, as it has wish, vaporeon would be best what with the new mechanics.

I think I'm gonna do the breeding curcuit soon. I've already done quite a bit, but that's with ditto, so it doesn't really count.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
So I made some notes on what I want in my team, calculations and whatnot. So, of a team consisting of bulky bawasses, a Joteon seems like solution no1. So my plan is to breed a DW Jolteon whithout egg moves. There aint any fitting greatly for him if I remember right. So my plan is to invest in HP an SATK, while the flame orb activates quick feet. Back to topic. I'm planning for modest, that fits best.

Now off to a second question. Holding an everstone increases the chance that the offspring has the same nature as the parent by 50%. But if both parents have the same nature and holds an everstone, would that make it to 100%/99%? It would be a very useful strategy in MMing if so.

And thanks for the Chaining walkthrough. ^____^

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
So I made some notes on what I want in my team, calculations and whatnot. So, of a team consisting of bulky bawasses, a Joteon seems like solution no1. So my plan is to breed a DW Jolteon whithout egg moves. There aint any fitting greatly for him if I remember right. So my plan is to invest in HP an SATK, while the flame orb activates quick feet. Back to topic. I'm planning for modest, that fits best.

Now off to a second question. Holding an everstone increases the chance that the offspring has the same nature as the parent by 50%. But if both parents have the same nature and holds an everstone, would that make it to 100%/99%? It would be a very useful strategy in MMing if so.

And thanks for the Chaining walkthrough. ^____^
First, Jolteon has one of the lowest base HP in UU and OU meta's, with only 65, this means that it is not very bulky at all. In fact all of the eeveelutions except for Vapoureon (135) have this awful stat, therefore none of them really work for bulkyness (other than Vapoureon).

Second, no, I don't believe double everstoning works, so just use a power item to get a flawless stat.

Third, I've started a MMing hunt for the curcuit! Im breeding my Japanese patrat and a seviper to get a Shiny Seviper! One of my favourite shinies :3

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
First, Jolteon has one of the lowest base HP in UU and OU meta's, with only 65, this means that it is not very bulky at all. In fact all of the eeveelutions except for Vapoureon (135) have this awful stat, therefore none of them really work for bulkyness (other than Vapoureon).

Second, no, I don't believe double everstoning works, so just use a power item to get a flawless stat.

Third, I've started a MMing hunt for the curcuit! Im breeding my Japanese patrat and a seviper to get a Shiny Seviper! One of my favourite shinies :3
A jolteon is the best option as he is one of the best sweepers that synergys best whith my team. Not a bulky thing. I changed the team plots so I will end whith Umbreon now, but still.

So my new plan is a Timid f Snorunt and a Careful Umbreon. Yet, no good things have appeared, but soon they will.

Isnt it a 100% chance that a parents DW will be for the offspring to? I got 4 eeve.eggs and none had anticipation.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Ballistic Buizel has completed

Eggstatic for New Moves - Bagon with flamethrower
IV got the right NATURE - completed- adamant axew
Master of Masuda - shiny Axew

I have completed the IV and right nature! It's with one of my bagillion Axew's. I bred tons and tons of adamant ones while MMing. I decided "hey, why not check an adamant one for IV's to see if I completed the circuit?" 31 IV's in attack baby! And a possible 31 IV's in speed! I don't even know how it got those stats as I don't believe I was using flawless parents at the time. I'm very pleased. I think I'll try voltacular eggs next.

Good luck breeding!

~ BB ;475;

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
A jolteon is the best option as he is one of the best sweepers that synergys best whith my team. Not a bulky thing. I changed the team plots so I will end whith Umbreon now, but still.

So my new plan is a Timid f Snorunt and a Careful Umbreon. Yet, no good things have appeared, but soon they will.

Isnt it a 100% chance that a parents DW will be for the offspring to? I got 4 eeve.eggs and none had anticipation.

Nope :3. It's a 30% chance. You can check all this on the serebii breeding section in game mechanics.

I really must keep on track with seviper, since I keep leaving it :( It's just really hard to stay on track when you don't have a constant shiny hunt. I supose as I am trying to get into shiny hunting then I will get better and better at it.

I guess I'm just gonna have to try and find a way to breed whilst also on serebii :p

Hello Bug pro nice to see you!

Gratz on the Axew Buizel, I looooove hidden gems like that. If the iv man says the speed is the same as the attack then yes you will have a 31 atk and spd Axew which is just awesome!
Also thanks for updating your circuit legs! =3

Double everstoning does not work but you could use the spare item slot for a power item or something?

@Barbeller - Ohhh how I want a shiny Seviper again! I traded it away with another easily chained pokemon for an UT legit shiny Kyogre with a SpAtk+ nature, but as much as I like this Kyogre I still miss my Seviper!

And I know exactly what you mean when you want to do a project like breeding for good ivs but you really want to finish something else like your current MM hunt or SR project. T_T

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
Oh wow. Haven't posted in a while but this is my most recent project.

Timid Roselia
315.gif

Egg moves: Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder
IVs: 31 / 9 / 31 / 31 / 26 / 31

Man this thing was hard to breed! But in the end, it really paid off! The egg moves weren't too difficult to acquire and now it'll make a really nice Toxic Spikes lead or a special sweeper!

concon423

I, concon423, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. Hey everyone, I would like to join teh club because I really enjoy breeding. I am currently trying to breed for a male combee with some of the vespiqueen moves (idk if this is possible though).

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding?
My brother and I both wanted all three of the D/P/Pt starters.
What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own)
The first pokemon I bred in game was most likely a Chimchar.
What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason?(Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc)
The first pokemon I bred for a specific reason was a female Chatot. This was so I could get fly into my chatots.
Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected.
Two female eevees in the same batch of five eggs (not very exciting :) )
Why do you breed pokemon?
I breed pokemon because I find it enjoyable and hope to find a shiny. I also like to try to breed pokemon that would be useful to me.
What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred?
My favourite pokemon I have bred is my Vaporeon or maybe my Charmander, its a hard decision.
What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring?
So far it is 30 eggs and that was a female combee
Have you ever hatched a shiny?
No I haven't :(
Have you managed to breed a starter? If yes which ones.
Yes I have. They are Piplup, Chimchar, Turtwig and Charmander

Flame Mistress

I, Flame Mistress, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hi guys! I'm into Egg Move Breeding these days, and I hope to learn more about it here!

mindy

beginer breeder!
I, Mindy, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. Then, please give a reason for why you want to join the club, whether you're a breeder, or your just interested in breeding Pokemon, whatever, just give a legitimate reason.

I just started breeding today! And my frist breed was...duh..duh..duh!! A....huge failure! :( but what's to be expected for my frist go right! Anyway I've been reading up and taking notes all day but I have a lot to learn! And what way to learn is from pros like you guys! I hope your interested in keeping me!

Mindy<3
PS. Just stared haven't been able to set everything up, if your willing to keep me I would love to stay long term! (And put some effort into my account!)

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Oh wow. Haven't posted in a while but this is my most recent project.

Timid Roselia
315.gif

Egg moves: Leaf Storm and Sleep Powder
IVs: 31 / 9 / 31 / 31 / 26 / 31

Man this thing was hard to breed! But in the end, it really paid off! The egg moves weren't too difficult to acquire and now it'll make a really nice Toxic Spikes lead or a special sweeper!
Congratulations! Roserade doesn't work brilliantly in OU, however it may work well as a t-spike lead in UU, I don't know. 4 31 IVs is pretty impressive, if you have flawless parents it's 1 in 31, however getting the ones you want is hard.

I, concon423, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. Hey everyone, I would like to join teh club because I really enjoy breeding. I am currently trying to breed for a male combee with some of the vespiqueen moves (idk if this is possible though).

What first attracted you to pokemon breeding?
My brother and I both wanted all three of the D/P/Pt starters.
What was the first pokemon you bred? (In game egg events do not count, they have to be from pokemon you own)
The first pokemon I bred in game was most likely a Chimchar.
What was the first pokemon you bred for a specific reason?(Nature/IVs/Ability/shiny/egg moves etc)
The first pokemon I bred for a specific reason was a female Chatot. This was so I could get fly into my chatots.
Have you found an unexpected gem while breeding? This can include female starters, shinies, flawless/great ivs, stuff like that as long as it was unexpected.
Two female eevees in the same batch of five eggs (not very exciting :) )
Why do you breed pokemon?
I breed pokemon because I find it enjoyable and hope to find a shiny. I also like to try to breed pokemon that would be useful to me.
What's the best/favourite pokemon you've bred?
My favourite pokemon I have bred is my Vaporeon or maybe my Charmander, its a hard decision.
What's the longest it's taken to get your desired offspring?
So far it is 30 eggs and that was a female combee
Have you ever hatched a shiny?
No I haven't :(
Have you managed to breed a starter? If yes which ones.
Yes I have. They are Piplup, Chimchar, Turtwig and Charmander
Welcome to the club! Are you MMing properly? In Black and White this can hugely increase the chances of shinyness. One of the parents has to be from a foreign langueged game. You can check this on the status screen on the OT, if neither of them are foreign you could trade for some in the GTS!

I, Flame Mistress, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them.

Hi guys! I'm into Egg Move Breeding these days, and I hope to learn more about it here!
You have broken the rules within your first post... You need atleast 4 sentences and 40 words. Just some friendly advice.

I, Mindy, hereby acknowledge that I have read the SPFF Club rules and the Pokemon Breeding Club Rules and hereby agree to abide by them. Then, please give a reason for why you want to join the club, whether you're a breeder, or your just interested in breeding Pokemon, whatever, just give a legitimate reason.

I just started breeding today! And my frist breed was...duh..duh..duh!! A....huge failure! :( but what's to be expected for my frist go right! Anyway I've been reading up and taking notes all day but I have a lot to learn! And what way to learn is from pros like you guys! I hope your interested in keeping me!

Mindy<3
PS. Just stared haven't been able to set everything up, if your willing to keep me I would love to stay long term! (And put some effort into my account!)
Welcome! I hope you learn alot from this club. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Whether you just moved to a new area or have recently decided to add exercise to your weekly routine, choosing the right gym can encourage you to head there more often, hence garnering you positive results.
Is this a spam bot or did you post in the wrong place?

Status
Not open for further replies.