• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Chronicles According To Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to my second fan fic, the first of which was closed, with good reason too. Any way, if you read it please comment, and on request a subscribers list will be put up. Alot of effort and time goes into this, enjoy.

Prologue
Roccori island... Is an island of the west coast of Kanto. It also is the beginning point of our journey, well, not ours, but Troy's. Let's imagine the scene then shall we, Roccori island is a strange place, home to few People and many Pokemon. Rare Pokemon from the far away regions of Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. The reason is because it is a large island. If you were to fly above it, it would look like four quarters of an island.
The most Northern quarter is a snow filled mountain range, a white coated barren land. These white plains are home to many powerful ice types such as Sneasel, Spheal Etc.

The most Southern quarter of the land is a sushine hotspot. Beaches for miles and miles. Turquoise water, recognisable from outer space. It attracts many tourists who leave baby Pokemon to inhabit the land.

The Western quarter is nothing worth talking about, only a desert wasteland. Sand, sand and more sand. Thats all really.

But, the Eastern quarter is were our hero's journey will begin. It is filled with valleys, rivers, waterfalls and forests. Nature is at it's greatest here. But all of this have been said it is home to Roccori city. Hometown of our hero Troy.
It is an industrial area that has many factories, a port, a daycare, a pokemart, pokemon centre and a very powerful gym, which can only be challenged by those who defeat the 8 before it. It also houses Professor Oak's temporary lab. You see, there was a gas leak in the one in Pallet town, it was dangerous, so Professor Oak and his assistant Tracey Skecthit moved here.
This lab is beside the house of our hero, Troy. It's almost the morning of his journey through Kanto. But it's late at night so we'll wait a while before we begin...

To be begun or continue.... Whichever you prefer, really.

Last edited:
Chapter 1 - Suprise is the best prize!

It was early in the morning, the weather was fair. Not raining and it wasn't extremely warm. It was in between, but days like today come few and far between. Roccori village is the location, where it begins, the story of Troys travels, in the Kanto region!

Let's meet the hero!

It is a fairly small and relatively basic house, a few rooms, a bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms etc. Our hero is a young man named Troy, he's currently asleep, but that will change very soon. His room is small in size, it has a bed, a locker and a wardrobe, but Troy's most precious possesion, an Ash Ketchum poster, signed of course hangs above his head.

Enough of that, Troys waking up, let's start.

A young man gets out of bed. He's got scruffy red hair and wearing Voltorb and Electrode pyjamas, get's up. This is Troy, the 12 year old, beginning his journey as inspired by Ash Ketchum himself.

"(Yawns) So, i begin today! I begin my Pokemon journey, Yaaaaassss!!! I really cannot wait to see my starter choices! I really cannot wait to stop talking too myself!" Says Troy, still as described as above.

(Leaves the room and walks across to his mothers bedroom)

(Enters the room without knocking)

"Get up! Get up! Get up! Mom please? I can't start my journey until you give me my gift!" Says Troy in an impatient and pushy tone.

(Bounces up and down in anticipation of his gift.)

(Mom unsuspectingly enters the room behind him)

(Mom in a caring tone)

"So, what's all the racket up here about!"

(Troy eventually calms down)

"Oh, Mom... Sorry, I was just... Um... Sorry." Says Troy. (He is ashamed of his immature behaviour and hangs his head in shame.)

(Mom smiles)
"Its alright honey, today's a big day, you're a little over excited, that's all. Come down stairs Troy, you're present is ready, and so's breakfast."

(Mom leaves the room and goes downstairs to the kitchen)

"Yaaasss, faster!" Screams Troy as he runs downstairs 3 steps a go.

(Arrives at the kitchen, it's pretty basic once again, all the usual appliances and the wooden dining table as a centre piece, Mom is sitting with breakfast prepared, and a wrapped gift on the table also.)

"Take a seat Honey, i made your favourite, bacon and soda bread! And this (picks up wrapped parcel) is yours" (Mom grins and passes Troy the gift)

(Troy tears open the paper) "Ohh... It's new clothes and a nice pair of trainers and a backpack ... (Troy looks very sad.) Thanks Mom, everything is really nice, but i was expecting a..."

(Knock on the door and a delivery man comes in)

"Hello and good morning pyjama patrol! I have a special delivery for a Troy Mc Coy!"

(Mom sits with a cunning but kind smile on her face, Troy looks excited and the delivery man wheels in a shiny green two wheeled present.)

"Here you go little guy, see ya later! Thanks Mrs. Mc Coy." Says the delivery man as he leaves the house.

( Troy is now standing in amazement)
"Wow, a bike!"

(Mom confesses)
" Well, i knew you wanted it for your journey so i ordered and payed for it, and suprised you! Now you should go and get ready!"

(Troys jaw was dropped in sheer awe but did as instructed, got dressed and came back down, dressed in his new green coat, white shirt and orange shorts and the classic yellow bag with the pokeball symbol)

(Troy poses)
" So Mom, how do i look?"

(Mom chuckles)
"Handsome as ever, son!"

"Thanks, I better get going though, I don't want to be late!)

(Mom cries)

"Son, I'll miss you so much, be sure to call everyday, you have truly grown up!"

(Troy smiles and they hug)

" I will really miss you Mom, I'll call everyday!"

(Mom smiles back)
" Just go! Don't this any harder than it already is!"

(Troy sheds a tear too)

"When i return Mom, i will return as a pokemon master!"

(They kiss again and Troy leaves on his bike to Professor Oak's)

To be continued...

Authors note: Troy is immature to give character, he will mature.
This will not be the standard pick a starter scenario. And this is just a mere taster of what will come. Enjoy!

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I enjoyed the story and its descriptions, but when you do things like (Troy is now standing in amazement) it gets us off guard, the brackets are not needed.
PS. I bet he will get a turtwig.

I like letting people know whats going on so they can picture it in their head. If there are any other ways to do this let me know, who gave you insider information. He may get turtwig he may not, but what you can know is there are surpises in store. But i need much more both positive and negative feedback before the story can begin

Chapter 2 - The real starting chapter

So our hero has now left home. Troy, a young boy from Roccori Town is now arriving at Professor Oak's lab. The lab is a small building as it is only temporary, as gas leaked in the Pallet town lab, they had to move here. Lets join Troy now.

"Yes im here! I cannot think of what Pokemon I'll chose!" Troy knocks on the door violently, in excitement.

Troy starts shouting "Open up! Open up!" As he bounces up and down.

The door opens, a boy about 18 in a green shirt opens it. He is Tracey Skechit, friend of Ash Ketchum and Professor Oak's right hand man.

"Hello there, you must be Troy. I am Tracey Sketchit, Professor Oak's assistant, please to meet you. Do come on, the Professor is currently on videophone with a trainer in the Unova region, he'll be with us now." Tracey smiles and the two shake hands as they enter the lab.
Troy looks around the lab, taking in a mixture of a homily things and Pokemon research technology.
" Please to meet you Tracey, this is a really nice place!"

Tracey nods, "I'll go up to see the professor, we'll both be down in a few moments, you can watch T.V. until then, okay?"

Tracey leaves and Troy turns on the television. A battle between Ash Ketchum and Indigo league elite 4 member is taking place, let's tune in.

"I am Chad, i will be your referee, this is a 6V6 battle, between Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town and Lance of the Indigo league!"
The trainers shake hands and it commences.

Ash(Smiles as he releases the pokemon) : Ok Quilava, come on out!
Lance (With a determined look): Good choice Ash, Kindra show us how its done!

The to Pokemon are checking each other out, the small and speedy fiery rodent against the powerful aqua dragon.

Ash: Start out with a swift Quilava!

Quilava shoots out bright star shape lights hitting Kingdra all over, but Kingdra doesn't even flinch.

Lance: Charge up, Kingdra, now use your powerful hydro pump!

Quilava is not suspecting anything, then Kindra shoots out a powerful torrent of water, getting Quilava of guard, Quilava collapses.

*Troy stops watching*

The professor and Tracey come downstairs.

The Professor has his usual expression on his face " Ah, hello Troy, how are you?"

Troy shakes the Professor's hand. "A pleasure, Sir, I was coming to choose a starter today."

Professor Oak smirks "You are an exceptionally lucky young man, usually you choose between 3 starters, but not today! Tracey, could you bring me the Pokeballs!"

Tracey leaves the room and returns with loads of Pokeballs on a tray, Troy is puzzled.

(To Oak) "Well why so many balls?"

"Let me explain, last week we had some young Pokemon trainers like yourself, they were staying here. But they were from the foreign regions. Between us and the daycare next - door, we have bred some very rare Pokemon...." (Nods to Tracey)

Tracey throws all the Pokeballs "Okay, go Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chickorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig , Chimchar, Piplup and Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott!!"

All 15 of the little starter pokemon stood on the floor, hoping to be chosen.

Troy stares in awe "Wow, rare Pokemon, I may never see these Pokemon in my oww....."

Troy was been attack by a certain starter.

Tracey and the Professor chuckle " I think i know who wants you! Turtwig has a funny way of expressing himself! Ha ha ha!"

Troy battles Turtwig off "I know who I'm choosing, I choose Turtwig, this was a hard decision, but he chose me!"

Oak whispers to Tracey, Tracey nods and leaves, taking the other starters with him.

Oak opens a cupboard taking something out "Troy, i have your Pokedex and five Pokeballs, now you are ready."

Troy takes the things " Thank you, Professor. I am leaving now, I'll call you and Tracey regularly! Come on Turtwig, return"
Troy puts Turtwig into the Pokeball, says his farewells to Professor Oak and Tracey. Him and Turtwig head for Roccori
port, and then to mainland Kanto for the first gym battle in our story.....

To be continued......

Authours note: I want plenty of feedback, and suggestions about anything story related are very welcome!

Ok i really want more comments on this, i gonna stop if you don't, but here's chapter 3, and i hope you enjoy this.

Chapter 3 - Setting of to set sail!

So, let me fill you all in. Our hero Troy has begun his adventure, he is from Roccori island and has just left Oak's temporary lab a few minutes ago. Him and his Turtwig, Turtwig more so chose Troy, but hopefully this proves to be a good choice.
"Wig wig!" Turtwig as Troy feeds him a Pecha berry.

(Troy smiles, as they walk out of Roccori village) "So, Turtwig I'm glad you like that better that my head! Let's see what i can know about you, Turtwig, go Pokedex!

Pokedex: Turtwig, the tinyturtle Pokemon, it has a hard shell, so it can defend itself, but it plays friendly with other Pokemon also.

(Turtwig smiles) "Wig!"

Troy and Turtwig walk trough a route. It takes them to a Roccori port, which from there a boat will take them to Vermilion city, mainland Kanto! The route is a typical beginning route, filled with bushes, grass and some trees. They approach a port town.

"Hey Turtwig, we're almost at Roccori port! Then it's straight on to Vermilion city gym from there! (Takes Pokeball) Return for a well deserved rest!

A red beam of light flashes around Turtwig, and he disappeared into the ball. Troy continues through the route for a while.

Troy throws the pokeball as he sees some small tree stumps. "Go Turtwig, we need training!" The turtle stands ready for action, " 'Wig!"
Troy points at the tree stumps "I want you to show me how stong you are! Break the stumps with razor leaf!"
Turtwig launches several sharp leafs, quickly, but with great accuracy. The leaves hit the stumps directly, smashing them to bits.
Troy smiles and nods"Now, Turtwig, I want you to use your headbutt! Hit the other stump!"
"Wig! Wig! Wig!" Turtwig shouts as he charges head first at a tree stump.
Troy and Turtwig practice Razor Leaf and Headbutt for a while. Then, once Turtwig's speed and agility were improved they moved on. They had reached the entry gate for Roccori port, a Pokemon Ranger was waiting.

The ranger checks Troy up and down. He stares at him. "So young trainer, it is my job to stop week trainers from entering the mainland. Are you strong enough?"
Troy looks very concerned, but determined. " You bet I'm strong! I'll get past! I'm a champion!" Roars Troy in his usual immature way.
The ranger laughs. "Ok then. I don't normally challenge kids, but i challenge you to a battle!"
Troy gets into a huffy mood " A kid! I'll show you! Go Turtwig!"
Turtwig acts tough. "Wig!"
The ranger looks blandly at Turtwig ad if it was a Magikarp "Oh, I've been to sinnoh before, so nothing too new, Vulpix, burn the turtle, i choose you!"
Troy looks at Vulpix and is in awe "Vulpix is such a cool Pokemon! But i'll defeat it!"

So, will our hero's journey go up in flames before it really started? Or will Troy and Turtwig pull through and win? I don't know, but stay tuned!

To be continued....

Chapter 4 - One in a Vermillion

Hello again, you have joined us at a good time! Our hero, Troy has begun a battle with a Pokemon ranger at Roccori Port enterance gate. Troy uses Turtwig, and the ranger uses Vulpix. Turtwig is at a clear type disadvantage, put can they pull through?

Troy looks on, smiling but secretly horrofied. The ranger on the other hand stands smugly, waiting for Troy to make a move. "So kid, were waiting, make your move! Show me the POWER!" The ranger smiles sneakily as he shouts.
Troy ignores the insults and orders Turtwig " Charge up your speed! Smash Vulpix with Headbutt!" Turtwig charges rapidly towards Vulpix, headfirst.
Vulpix jumps out of the way, and lands behind Turtwig.
"Well done Vulpix, use Flamethrower" the ranger commands Vulpix, Vulpix unleashes a trail of flames towards Turtwig. "Turtwig move! Get out of the way!" Screams Troy as the flames hit the spot were Turtwig was standing.
The flames died down, but Turtwig was nowhere to be seen.
Troy breaks down to tears. "Ahh! Turtwig!!!! Turtwig!!!! Where are you! (Looks at the ranger) You killed him, you monster!"
The ranger looks in confusion. " I'm pretty sure it's not dead, but i don't know where it is! Vulpix, come... Ahh!" The Ranger was interrupted by a massive noise, a lump of ground came up, beneath Vulpix, and Turtwig emerged, hitting Vulpix and sending it up in the air. Turtwig shouts as Vulpix crashes to the ground. "Wiiiiiiiggggggg!"

Troy has manned up and stands smiling proudly "Turtwig, you learnt Dig! Use Headbutt on Vulpix to finish it of!" Vulpix is lying down, and Turtwig charges full tilt at Vulpix. The Ranger is looking very embarrassed. "Oh no, Vulpix, do something!" Vulpix lies as Turtwig head smashes into it's side. Troy jumps up and down doing his happy dance "Vulpix is unable to battle, I win YEAH! Come over here Turtwig!" Turtwig also shouts with happiness "Tuuuurrrrttttwwiiiiiggg!"
The ranger returns the battered Vulpix to its Pokeball. "Well it looks like I have to let you through. You proved me wrong, congratulations young trainer, you may pass!" The ranger moves to the side and ushers Troy through. Troy looks relieved. "Thank you very much! (Shake hands) I'm very pleased to meet you! "

They bid each other farewell and Troy proceeds through to the small settlement that is Roccori port. There was that jolly mood in the air. The scene was market stalls as far as the eye could see. Loads of tradespeople, including fishermen were around going about their daily business as usual. Finally there was the port, lined with boats and sailors waiting to sail to foreign lands. Turtwig was strolling along and Troy was looking at the stalls.

"This place is great!" Troy said to himself as he walked over to the shipyard timetable. He reads the time for Vermilion city and looks at Turtwig. "Do you want to stay here for a while? (Turtwig nods in agreement) Well we're in luck, our boat doesn't leave for an hour! Lets look in some of the stalls!" Troy marches of with Turtwig by his side.
The duo look at the stalls, Troy buys some Pokeballs, Potions, Berries and a fishing rod. Turtwig also got some Poffins for the journey. The head to the boat for Vermilion city.
Troy meets up with a boy, a little older than himself in the waiting que. "Hello my name is Stan, What's your name?" Troy shakes hands as usuall and says "Im Troy pleased to meet you, I'm heading to Vermilion city for a gym battle, you?" Stan replies "I'm going on to my Dads house, but i can accompany you to the gym if you want." Troy nods. "That would be great." The had reached the entry desk. Sitting there was a bearded man with a long black coat.
Stan looks confused and asks him. "Are you the captain, Sir?" The man looks at the boys and Turtwig. "Aye, 'tis I Captain Sherlock, I be sailing yous to Vermilion city. Now follow me to your room."
Troy, Stan and Turtwig were led to a little cabin beside the engine room. It had two beds and television, and wasn't by any means first class. The captain left to set sail. The boys got to know each other a bit better, then as the S.S Lightning set sail, wenr to sleep.

To be continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.