• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon Coincidence thread

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I you've noticed any strange or cool coincidences in Pokemon games, post them here.
I noticed a short while ago.
:541:
Social
Withdrawal
Anxiety
Disorder

Post your coincidences.

S - Summer
A - Autumn
W - Winter
S - Spring

B
U
C
K

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Come on, people, try posting something that isn't already on Bulbapedia!

As for me, have you ever seen how similar Miltank and Grumpig look? They're both based on mammals, they're both husky, they have similar ears, and they both have black markings on their body.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Diglett looks like Weedle without the horn and submerged in dirt.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
How Tauros is a Bull and Miltank is a Cow and you can find them in the same area. o: Tauros can only be male and Miltank is only female. Yet apparently there's not supposed to be any relation between the two. -.-

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
S - Summer
A - Autumn
W - Winter
S - Spring

B
U
C
K

I think that's interesting, but it's not really a coincidence unless you can come up with something related to those with the buck part. Dx

Memo

I think that's interesting, but it's not really a coincidence unless you can come up with something related to those with the buck part. Dx
Why should he? It's a buck, and "Buck" doesn't have to abbreviated from anything. "Saws" on the other hand means nothing.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
You know, I think the 'Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan orphan' and the 'Butterfree-Venomoth sprite mixup' can be considered coincidences.

Also, adding to the Gengar-Clefable one, apparently Shellder -> Gastly and Raticate -> Haunter.

I've also noticed that Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Magmortar, Electivire (maybe), and Tangrowth (maybe) all have a giant egg-shaped body. Heck, maybe even Togekiss.

And remember when some of us thought Axew was going to be the baby Kangaskhan? (It reminds me more of Larvitar, though.)

Last edited:

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
You know, I think the 'Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan orphan' and the 'Butterfree-Venomoth sprite mixup' can be considered coincidences.

Also, adding to the Gengar-Clefable one, apparently Shellder -> Gastly and Raticate -> Haunter.

I've also noticed that Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Lickilicky, Magmortar, Electivire (maybe), and Tangrowth (maybe) all have a giant egg-shaped body. Heck, maybe even Togekiss.

And remember when some of us thought Axew was going to be the baby Kangaskhan? (It reminds me more of Larvitar, though.)

Ooh I haven't heard of the raticate -> haunter one, what is it?

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Pansage Looks like a monkey with a pottedplant on it's head LOLLLL

Jacorvin

In Pokemon D/P the guitarists later in the game give you 2112 reward for winning. 2112 is a Album by the Prog Rock group RUSH and was released in 1976.

RobertStyx

In Pokemon D/P the guitarists later in the game give you 2112 reward for winning. 2112 is a Album by the Prog Rock group RUSH and was released in 1976.

I doubt that was a coincidence. An amount that specific was more than likely a nod to the album. Rush are fairly well known and liked.