• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

the pokemon fanchise "Copies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
DINOSAUR KING> TOTAL RIP OFF its so much of a rip off the person who voices ash in pokemon is the same guy who voices the main character (max) in dinosaur king. They also have a trio of bad people working for a head guy and the leader of the trio is voiced by the same person who voices jessie in pokemon. The little machine looks like a pokenav and its a rip of yugioh too because of summoning dinosaur monsters from cards is just too much yugioh

So... you're saying that just because the VAs want more money because they're not making enough on pokemon, it's a rip off? Just because a show has the same actors, doesn't mean it's a rip off. It's like saying that Nacho Libre is a rip off of School of Rock because Jack Black is in both movies.

1. The idea of monsters in a franchise isn't new, people have been using it way before pokemon and will do so long after it's stopped.

2. There may be a franchise that reminds you of pokemon but some people are so busy calling it a rip off they don't give it a chance and they never learn anything. Digimon is about a couple of kids who get sent to another world where monsters live. Their destiny is to work with the monsters to save this world from evil (human or Digimon or both) and then return home. Or the other way around. Not like pokemon but it gets called a copy anyway.

3. As Rhyperior vs. Sharpedo has said if a franchise is a copy then nintendo could get it banned.

"Last time I heard that the creator of Pokemon actually got his ideas of monster capturing and stuff from Dragon Quest."

I heard the guy loved going into the forest near his house and collecting bugs and when the forest got destroyed he thought it was a shame other generations would miss out being able to do that so started to work on pokemon or something like that?

Last edited:

AlphaMightyena

NOpe, there is no such thing as the idea.

Although i think digimon copied pokemon by releasing Dawn and dusk.

LucarioLV.X

Pokemon master
Your right about that.

Guys nothing is a copy of pokemon. Nintendo could get pokemon copies off the market in a day.

Yeah your right about that, I think thats the best opinion I heard so far, also pokemon was made wwwwwaaaaayyyyy before digimon.in fact name one of the
franchises mentioned here that was made before pokemon!

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
No what Im saying is dinosaur kings whole concept is a rip off of pokemon,digimon and yugioh mixed together. It’s all about people with little dinosaur pets that you fight with like a pokemon battle when you swipe a card on a little device and they fight with them. Its whole concept is a total rip off out of all those three shows. I just said that it was funny that two of the voice actors play a major role for both people. Aka Max (protagonist) is voiced by the person who voices Ash and the leader of the stupid trio Ursurla is voiced by the same person who voices Jessie in Team Rocket. Like team rocket they get blasted off. The whole premise of the show is to become Dinosaur King and get all the Dinosaur Cards which is a total Ripoff of being a Pokemon Master and the whole Gotta Catch em All iota.Oh and just so you guys know this, you were comparing shows/movies that have nothing in common really. This was my original point.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

It's a tried and tested formula. It works.

Yes, it is certainly derivative, but your logic that it's a rip-off because they share VAs holds as much water as "lol Ben 10 is a rip-off of FFX because Tara Strong's a VA in both".

LegendaryRotom

Spectrobes for one I personally think is a rip off.

SPECTROBES RIP OFF

Yeah, see, only problem is, Spectrobes is superior to pokemon. :)

Zatch Bell and Dragon Drive are pretty similar in idea to pokemon, if you ask me. But, then again, they're better.
It's not really a rip off if it's better than the original.

Also, people take inspiration from previous successful franchises to make sure their own does well. Heck, look at Bakugan.
It not even that great of a series, but DANG do those monster battles rake in the viewers!

Zazie

So 1991
I don't like it when other franchises use the concept of collectible monsters, types, and type effectiveness. As far as I can tell, Pokemon is the first RPG to utilize a system such as this, and it seems to be the staple of the franchise.

Type and type effectivness have been common in RPG's way before pokemon was even convcieved. The Megami Tensei used both collectable monsters and a system of elemental strengths and weaknesses in 1987.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
well dinosaur king is a definite rip off there is just to many similarities. the things you guys mentioned like a movie and a show have nothing in common except the voice actor and dinosaur king is a total rip off of pokemon because the whole premise is the same thing.

Kim62

Hello
Ok. What's with all these people and "My Future (HG or SS) Team"? Do you really need a different team for each game?

Wrong Thread.

.. yugioh did not begin as a trading card game?

Mind = Blown .___.

Nope it began as a plot device in a manga. Actually I think it was suppose to be a spoof of magic the gathering but I'm not sure.

This was my original point.

(Shorten your post due to wall-o-text)

So is Bakugan, what's your point? Besides dinosaur king is based off a video game just like Pokemon so there are going to be some similarities.

And really when you come down to it, this all goes back to Godzila and various other monsters that fought against each other in the olden days.

Besides all that, so they're similar, what are you going to do about it? Whine all day about it? I mean seriously, like I said before:
"Everything's stoling these days, a fax machine is just a waffle iron taped to a phone."
Everything is stoling from everything else in some way or another and many things are very very very very very very, similar to Pokemon. But you can't call something a rip-off if it's concepts have been around for so long there is no copyright problems with it's concept.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Type and type effectivness have been common in RPG's way before pokemon was even convcieved. The Megami Tensei used both collectable monsters and a system of elemental strengths and weaknesses in 1987.

As far as I could tell. For the most part, I'm not a fan of RPGs, so I don't know the history of them. Additionally, 1987 wouldn't have been way before Pokemon was around. Hell, the first Pokemon patents and copyrights were submitted in 1990, which means some aspects of the series must have been conceived a couple of years beforehand.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
similarities as in the whole gotta get all the cards and fight with them iota and the villounous trio blasting off. what anime does that besides pokemon? hmm?

BCVM22

similarities as in the whole gotta get all the cards and fight with them iota and the villounous trio blasting off. what anime does that besides pokemon? hmm?

Similarities as in the hero characters dedicate their efforts to collecting some sort of objects or creatures of power and using them in combat, with a cadre of bumbling villains that appear and are subsequently defeated in every episode?

Seriously, man?

Stop. You have no argument here. You are embarassing yourself further.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
well excuse me but be specific? I don't recall this in being in as you put it " about half of action shows contain these two ideas "

BVCM22 you need a manner redux

Ooooooooooooook enough of that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.