• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon franchise coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Lawliet

well i've searched coudn't find, but since there is a God pokemon Arceus 493, so i think the franchise is coming to and end. I mean what can they have next? The Pokemon that laid the egg of Arceus

When you think about it - Mewtwo is the "strongest Pokemon ever" and they still went far beyond that.

Arceus is NOT the GOD Pokemon - the ALPHA Pokemon, there is a difference.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE LEARN. NINTENDO WILL KEEP RELEASING POKEMON BEXCAUSE IT MAKES LOTSA MONEY. THEY DO NOT CARE THAT THE MADE A "GOD" POKEMON, THEY CARE ABOUT MONEY.

Seriousy, if a Nintendo employee was to suggest to his boss that they stopped making Pokemon because of Arceus, he would be fired, laughed at, and pelted with large rocks.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Creator of the universe doesn't automatically equate with "all powerful god". Besides, we've had tons of "god pokemon" before. I think gen 1 was the only games that didn't (the Birds aren't gods in gameverse).

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Creator of the universe doesn't automatically equate with "all powerful god".

-Created all of well..creation
-Has the highest stats in the game
-has an associated mythology
-Lives in an alternate, heavenlike dimension in the sky

Amongst other things that I've probably let out that seems pretty god-like to me.

And none of the others were godly in the way Arceus is.

Mewtwo was the strongest pokemon.. In the first few gens? Aside of Arceus he STILL is, statwise. And his stats are more specialized, making him a notch above Arceus. Besides despite the allcaps, Spriter had a point. Pokemon = Cash. They *will* find a new theme around the next generation, possible even more epic than the Dragon Trio + Master.

Oh and didn't the people BELIEVE Dialga/Palkia were gods? If I made a little girl think I'm a god, that doesn't make me one (Discworld physics aside).

Edit: Alpha? I smell an Omega pokemon coming up...

Tyrant Tar

well i've searched coudn't find, but since there is a God pokemon Arceus 493, so i think the franchise is coming to and end. I mean what can they have next? The Pokemon that laid the egg of Arceus

First off, Arceus is only part of a whole pantheon of "Poke-gods", and even they are more like spirits of nature as opposed to something like the Abrahamic God.

Second off, a franchise won't end because one character out of 500+ is said to be the first/creator, especially when said character is such a minor part of the series.

Third, Pokemon is not about topping the last Generation, Legendary-wise. Mew was said to be the ancestor of EVERYTHING. Nothing from Johto or Hoenn topped that, nor did anything top Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza as supposed masters of weather, nor have they topped anything as that.

Jedi Metroid

The Omega Metroid
Unfortunately, Pokemon cannot go on forever, regardless of how much we want it to.

If however, there is another generation, I'm thinking a kind of 'twin' of Arceus or something, but one that has no type,a nd can learn any move whatsoever. And is very hard to catch.

Alloute

Not Banned
Unfortunately, Pokemon cannot go on forever, regardless of how much we want it to.

If however, there is another generation, I'm thinking a kind of 'twin' of Arceus or something, but one that has no type,a nd can learn any move whatsoever. And is very hard to catch.

Of course it won't last forever. Personally, I wish they would put an end to it, but that will not happen anytime soon I'm afraid.

Fangoram

Its almost certain there will be an end to pokemon, but hey, they could always just remake the games as time goes on to keep pulling in revenue. As for where they'll go in the future, I'm leaning towards, well, the future. I mean, they can only go back so far before they need to start going forward, right?

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Of course it won't last forever.

wha..

wha...

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT! HEATHEN!

I'm good now.

And on a more serious note, I think the lifespan of the franchise just dramatically decreasd due to the upcoming release of GS remakes aka "Project Moneymaker".

randomspot555

Sure. If you completely ignore everything logical. Do you really think Gamefreak is just gonna say "lolzers ok bye" because oops, they created a God (they didn't)? Nope.

Profitable movies and anime, top selling games, and merchandise being more available....how are those signs of the franchise dying?

-Created all of well..creation

Myth, not fact.

-Has the highest stats in the game

But several Pokemon have higher than base 120 in certain stats.

-has an associated mythology

That can be said of almost all of the legendary Pokemon.

-Lives in an alternate, heavenlike dimension in the sky

Heaven like? That's a stretch. It's just a bunch of stairs and a platform.

Great, another game of State The Obvious.

Just because it won't go on forever doesn't mean it's ending now.

The sun will eventually burn out. That's a fact. But anyone who says "omgzers sun is burning!" is a complete idiot because there's no signs indicating that it's doing that in the near future.

Same with Pokemon.

If however, there is another generation,

Please explain why the 4th gen, which has a profitable anime and movies, merchandise, and record breaking sales for games, won't have a follow up.

I'm thinking a kind of 'twin' of Arceus or something,

There's no "rule" that the next gen has to have legendary Pokes that "top" the previous gen. Look at Gen II.

Its almost certain there will be an end to pokemon,

And the sun will eventually turn into a supernova and suck the galaxy into it. That doesn't mean it's happening soon, because there's no signs of it.

Likewise, no signs of Pokemon going away.
I mean, they can only go back so far before they need to start going forward, right?

Most video games are based on repetition. But you don't see idiots posting on Mario forums about "The end of Mario", do you?

Fangoram

Quote:
Its almost certain there will be an end to pokemon,
And the sun will eventually turn into a supernova and suck the galaxy into it. That doesn't mean it's happening soon, because there's no signs of it.
Likewise, no signs of Pokemon going away.

I didn't say there were, you assumed thats what I meant (I never said I thought Pokemon was ending now). What I said is that, the way pokemon is made, someday, (possibly 100s of years from now, and yes, this is quite obvious) It will end. The series requires people to create things that are unearthly for every game. As much as I'd like to believe Game freak could keep it up forever, they won't.

Quote:
I mean, they can only go back so far before they need to start going forward, right?
Most video games are based on repetition. But you don't see idiots posting on Mario forums about "The end of Mario", do you?

That is true, but, if they went future, they could repeat future themes over and over again. Also, how would going to the future not be repetitive? It would have a similar storyline, just cut out the words like ancient and replace them with words like advanced, and, voila! They get a game that looks like it has an original storyline, and fans go wild. Sequels to games don't necessarily have to keep the storyline the same, it just has to be similar. Continuing on, what does Mario have to do with anything ? If your trying to compare the two, it's not the best example, as Mario is good because of its lack of storyline, not like Pokemon at all (Pokemons an RPG btw).

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Yeah, because Nintendo is just gonna drop their second biggest franchise. They used to say Mew was the first Pokemon, and they added 342 Pokemon. It'd be like,
"Well, we already made a million versions of Link, so.."
"Hey! Let's drop the franchise!"
"Yeah!"

And on a more serious note, I think the lifespan of the franchise just dramatically decreasd due to the upcoming release of GS remakes aka "Project Moneymaker".
How is HG/SS "Project MoneyMaker?!"

Last edited:

randomspot555

I didn't say there were, you assumed thats what I meant

I didn't assume. That's the simplest interpretation to what you typed. When people say "blah blah will happen" they aren't talking about a million years from now, they're talking about a near future. Just as I could say the sun might not rise tomorrow, it's scientifically possible that SOME DAY it'll happen, but it's so far out, that I can safely say that any idiot who says "The sun might not rise tomorrow" is an idiot and wrong.

Anyone who is coming in here and posting "it will end eventually you know far away" is stating something just as obvious as the sky is blue. It's pointless.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
How is HG/SS "Project MoneyMaker?!"

How is it not? Beofre GS remakes were confirmed there were tonnes of fans *****ing for them, nostalgic about the old days. A large portion of the fanbase have wantd them for absolutely ages and combine that with all the most up to date handheld gameplay experience that these people can offer as of yet then I think you've got a major investment on your hands.

When its finally released, its going to be huge, bigger than any of the other games thats for sure. After a lot of old fans are going to want it for the nostalgia factor and the new ones will want it cause it'll be like an updated, better designed version of DPPt along with features such as cross region travelling (something only unique to Johto) and things like that, only a tiny percentage of the fanbase wont and that'll probably be because they can't aforrd it straight away.

Randomspot555 said:
Heaven like? That's a stretch. It's just a bunch of stairs and a platform.

Its pretty much my idea of [the stereotypical] heaven. Pillars, high up in the clouds, its pretty much gold the golden stairs that appear from nowhere and lead into the sky [they're just not golden], in another dimension. some of my friends also get the same image when they think of what heaven might look like. All its lacking is space and clouds, really.

Randomspot555 said:
But several Pokemon have higher than base 120 in certain stats

But overall he's stronger.

Myth, not fact.

Myths are more reliable in the pokemon world, take for example the carvings on the wall of that cave in Celestic town. They tell a story, a myth, and they were right. So ws the Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza myth and the one about the legendary dogs as well as Ho-oh's. Of course I'm not saying they're all necessarily right but what I am saying is don't be so quick to disregard them.

MustGetPlatinum

Has Lenin become dictator of the world? No? Then there's still money. Therefore, Nintendo will continue to release ****.

LordVatek9

Legendary Collector
When you think about it - Mewtwo is the "strongest Pokemon ever" and they still went far beyond that.

Arceus is NOT the GOD Pokemon - the ALPHA Pokemon, there is a difference.

Wow, no offense, but that is the stupidest thing I've heard anyone say.

1. Mewtwo has a MUCH lower base stat than Arceus.

2. In addition to the first one, Arceus is THE strongest Pokemon ever so far.

3. Just because he's called the Alpha Pokemon doesn't mean he still isn't the creator of the universe.

4. He IS the god Pokemon. Deal with it.

On Topic: My guess is that there's no way on Earth that Pokemon is ending anytime soon. If they HAVE to, they can create the Beta Pokemon, Arceus' opposite.

Superlugia3

All soul, no heart.
Pokemon will not end as long as it makes nintendo money? Why would you think that nintendo would drop a big game like pokemon. I have a question for you. If you could make thousands of dollars an hour doing almost nothing, would you drop that offer after a few years? No you would not. Bottom line, Pokemon=profit= good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.