• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon GC Manga Series

gamer_legend

Hey everyone I was just wondering if someone could be provide me with some info regarding the Pokemon Colosseum Manga (Pokemon Colosseum Snatcher Leo) and how I'd go about attaining one because so far I haven't found any trace of it anywhere but I'd love to read it and see how it compares to the game.

I was also wondering if at any point a Manga was created for Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Sorry, but there's little to no info on it on the internet.

There's scans, but they're only a few pages.

And the series was never collected in volume format. So, unless you want to read the series in full, you'll have to somehow purchase all the magazines that published it.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I tried many times. However, I found little to nothing about it save for a few scans here and there. Sad really since Pokemon Colosseum was among my favorite games.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I'm pretty sure it only had five chapters to it, so if you can somehow find the back issues of the magazine that serialized them, you might be able to shed some light on it for the rest of us, at that. I've been curious for a while, too, if only because of the whole mystery surrounding it... even though it's short and probably just a teaser-type thing for Colosseum itself.

I've seen a few scans floating around the internet, and they actually look really interesting. But... yeah, good luck with that. :S

gamer_legend

Lost Indeed but definitely findable again. I've found out that the Pokemon Colosseum Snatcher Leo was released in the following magazine issues.

Netkun 2 Magazine - January, February and March 2004
And in Monthly CoroCoro - December '03, January and February '04
(For anyone thinking of negotiating through these sights you have my blessing as the former doesn't really give too much detail and the latter is like...getting blown out of your mind with magic mushrooms and trying to find your way through the skittles rainbow.)

So if anyone wants to go searching at least know you know where and when to look (Warning does contain spoilers).

I've also found some scans featuring Leo (Wes) and his battle with Mirror B
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768046-128496956735.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768012-128496958010.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289769055-i6e70x.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768100-128496963051.jpg

And His Johto Starter
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m075r8nMQv1rosr9vo5_1280.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768194-128497001069.jpg

And Dakim
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768353-128497037177.jpg
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768974-250t211.jpg

And Venus
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2010/45/1289768579-128497038020.jpg

And I also managed to find a Manga Adaptation of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness which I think is from Pokemon Wonderland.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/CuddleyeeveeM/attachment15gf.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/CuddleyeeveeM/attachment28cs.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/CuddleyeeveeM/attachment32mt.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff138/CuddleyeeveeM/attachment44fz.jpg

Unfortunately my japanese is quite poor but just looking at the scans I think manga is definitely worth looking into. I've read nearly all the adventures manga but colosseum and XD has always been a huge mystery to me which is a huge shame because the Plot was solid and it deserved some development.

If I find anything else I'll let you guys know. I hope you enjoy it and if anyone does come across I'd so love to see what you find.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Well, if you know the dates published, you could always go searching on something like Yahoo Japan auctions, assuming you know enough Japanese to navigate and search it.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Excellent job finding what magazines they came in, gamer_legend! Also, thanks for the scans. It's my first time seeing those manga and they don't look half bad. I've done some searching on Y!JA and found:

Oddly, just about every month for '03 is on there except December's. But, if you have the money you can get 1-12 for '03.
2004 was much easier and cheaper: January's & February's.

There were none for Netkun Grade 2 (I'm guessing?) for '04. I don't know if anyone will ever put such old issues up, but for now, there's nothing. If you want later years, though, there are a few.

gamer_legend

Excellent job finding what magazines they came in, gamer_legend! Also, thanks for the scans. It's my first time seeing those manga and they don't look half bad. I've done some searching on Y!JA and found:

Oddly, just about every month for '03 is on there except December's. But, if you have the money you can get 1-12 for '03.
2004 was much easier and cheaper: January's & February's.

There were none for Netkun Grade 2 (I'm guessing?) for '04. I don't know if anyone will ever put such old issues up, but for now, there's nothing. If you want later years, though, there are a few.

Thanks Mate and nice work finding those auctions. Flintoff definitely has the right idea of the unity of the forums team work I certainly wouldn't have found this on my own.

Now as much as I'd love to spend 9000 Yen (£72) for a years worth of japanese manga which I'm sure is every fanboy's dream I think I'm probably happier to pay the 2000 Yen (£20) to get the two issues for January and February and call that a win. The only thing I need to know if they send out to the UK.

I can certainly understand people wanting to see it I mean where I'm from (London) it's really difficult to get a hold of even US Mangazines like Shonen Jump let alone Japanese. =D Now if anyone wants to take advantage of it especially anyone in the US they know where to look and I think for around $26 those 2 would be an absolute bargin. The best part is if you look at the index picture of both issues you can see that on page 327 of the January Issue and 422 of the February Issue you'll find about 86 pages of Colosseum action between the two of them.

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Also, it seems like those magazines are going a little cheaper than I originally expected. The idea of becoming a Japanese magazine collector is becoming closer and closer to reality.

It will likely happen eventually. Being a collector has taught me that one of the rules of life is that anything and everything can and will pop up on auctions through various channels. So it may take months or years, but they'll drip back out onto the market.

Yeah, I was surprised to see them be that cheap. They seemed much cheaper than if you get them new too. I bet the out of print ones will be much more, though.

That's most likely true, but one would definitely need some perseverance and patience and a new chunk of money sometimes. If we were rich, collecting would be so much easier, hahaha.

Thanks Mate and nice work finding those auctions. Flintoff definitely has the right idea of the unity of the forums team work I certainly wouldn't have found this on my own.

Now as much as I'd love to spend 9000 Yen (£72) for a years worth of japanese manga which I'm sure is every fanboy's dream I think I'm probably happier to pay the 2000 Yen (£20) to get the two issues for January and February and call that a win. The only thing I need to know if they send out to the UK.

Not a problem, glad I could help in some way. I can also help you get them; like Flintoff Cypress said, you'll need a proxy. I happen to use one for Y!JA, it's called FromJapan. They're real easy to use and pretty cheap when it comes to fees. You bid on their site (rather than have someone do it for you) and they send notifications just like eBay, but you do have to put down a deposit. But, that deposit is only temporary and will be refunded unless you used it to pay for the items. For instance, you'll add a deposit for just 2000 yen and you can get both of the magazines with that deposit. You pay for the domestic shipping (not that much) + the items and after that, just the international shipping (comes with options so you can choose the cheapest). Your deposit can be withdrawal then. That's pretty much it. xD

If you got any more questions, though, I'll be happy to try and help.

gamer_legend

Yeah, I was surprised to see them be that cheap. They seemed much cheaper than if you get them new too. I bet the out of print ones will be much more, though.

That's most likely true, but one would definitely need some perseverance and patience and a new chunk of money sometimes. If we were rich, collecting would be so much easier, hahaha.

Not a problem, glad I could help in some way. I can also help you get them; like Flintoff Cypress said, you'll need a proxy. I happen to use one for Y!JA, it's called FromJapan. They're real easy to use and pretty cheap when it comes to fees. You bid on their site (rather than have someone do it for you) and they send notifications just like eBay, but you do have to put down a deposit. But, that deposit is only temporary and will be refunded unless you used it to pay for the items. For instance, you'll add a deposit for just 2000 yen and you can get both of the magazines with that deposit. You pay for the domestic shipping (not that much) + the items and after that, just the international shipping (comes with options so you can choose the cheapest). Your deposit can be withdrawal then. That's pretty much it. xD

If you got any more questions, though, I'll be happy to try and help.

You sir are an absolute champ in the making. This site is incredibly helpful. I assume the way it works is the place you're bidding sends it to the Japanese Address who then ship it off overseas to you're location while they get a cut for their services. This is brilliant stuff thanks Evilchibi Pikachu. Now my only thing is I've gotta wait till monday and the auction ends tomorrow when I get paid at which time I'll be able to get these, Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (which for some reason has exceeded all rarity around here). Then I'll try to scan it for some translation.

We have ourselves a plan!

Kaiserin

please wake up...
You'll have to take a risk and use "proxy bidders" (people that bid on your behalf, receive the item and then ship it to you). I have never used them for these types of auctions so I have no idea who would be the best pick for such a task.

However, I do know that a lot of people in the UK use proxy bidders to get stuff from both Japan and the US.

I use proxy bidders and deputy services for Yahoo Japan, and I've never had any problems with it. It just costs a little more for internal shipping, but the less the actual item costs, the less you'll probably have to shell out on that front.

It's very worth it, though. I use Shopping Mall Japan, but there's a bunch of others -- here's a handy (if slightly dated) comparison journal entry someone wrote that I bookmarked a while back, if it helps any.

myriada

By the way, there are other Colosseum manga too. Less known than Snatcher though, and likely walkthroughs rather than actual adaptations.

'Pokemon Colosseum: Scenario Mode Walkthrough Comic' by Hidenori Kusaka, Tomotoshi Okamoto and Yoshino Emiko, was published in Grade 3 magazine(小学三年生) issues January and February 2004.
'Pokemon Colosseum: Fastest Walkthrough Comic' by Hidenori Kusaka, Tomotoshi Okamoto and Yoshino Emiko, was published in Grade 4 magazine(小学四年生) issues January and February 2004. Perhaps they're the same or similar though, considering the similar staffing and dates.
'Pokemon Colosseum 4-Koma Special' by Takahiro Yamashita was in the same Grade 4 January 2004 issue.

As for XD, the October 2005 issue of Grade 2 magazine(小学二年生) contained 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: Dark Lugia Special Walkthrough Manga' also by Yoshino Emiko.
Grade 4 magazine had 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: Dark Lugia Special Comic' by Hidenori Kusaka and Nobuhiko Mitoku in September and October 2005 too.
It's possible that what was posted was one of these two, or even something different altogether...

I can certainly understand people wanting to see it I mean where I'm from (London) it's really difficult to get a hold of even US Mangazines like Shonen Jump let alone Japanese. =D
There are various shops in the West End which do carry American and Japanese books, there's Orbital Comics and Forbidden Planet, which both carried the American Shonen Jump (which has now finished, btw - it went online-only and regionlocked to America in February) and some Japanese magazines such as Newtype, and Japan Centre and JP-BOOKS next door to each other on Regent Street, which carry quite a selection of Japanese magazines (JP-BOOKS even keeps SPECIAL volumes in-stock hehe). Don't expect to be able to read much from there though.

As shown on the covers, when new they were 500 yen, so they're the same price as new. And since they're magazines, all but the newest month are forever out of print. :/

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
By the way, there are other Colosseum manga too. Less known than Snatcher though, and likely walkthroughs rather than actual adaptations.

'Pokemon Colosseum: Scenario Mode Walkthrough Comic' by Hidenori Kusaka, Tomotoshi Okamoto and Yoshino Emiko, was published in Grade 3 magazine(小学三年生) issues January and February 2004.
'Pokemon Colosseum: Fastest Walkthrough Comic' by Hidenori Kusaka, Tomotoshi Okamoto and Yoshino Emiko, was published in Grade 4 magazine(小学四年生) issues January and February 2004. Perhaps they're the same or similar though, considering the similar staffing and dates.
'Pokemon Colosseum 4-Koma Special' by Takahiro Yamashita was in the same Grade 4 January 2004 issue.

As for XD, the October 2005 issue of Grade 2 magazine(小学二年生) contained 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: Dark Lugia Special Walkthrough Manga' also by Yoshino Emiko.
Grade 4 magazine had 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: Dark Lugia Special Comic' by Hidenori Kusaka and Nobuhiko Mitoku in September and October 2005 too.
It's possible that what was posted was one of these two, or even something different altogether...

Where did you get all this info from? I can't find any info about it at Bulbapedia or Dogasu's Backpack and the only info I knew about was some of the Pokémon XD manga info - which Blackjack Gabbiani had posted in some threads - and that there was at least two Pokémon Colosseum mangas.

Last edited:

myriada

Where did you get all this info from? I can't find any info about it at Bulbapedia or Dogasu's Backpack and the only info I knew about was some of the Pokémon XD manga info - which Blackjack Gabbiani had posted in some threads - and that there was at least two Pokémon Colosseum mangas.
A lot of the manga uncollected into volumes have very little if any information about them in English.
For example, for a long time it was commonly thought Phantom Thief Pokemon 7 only had 12 chapters (1 volume), as that was all that was collected (and translated).

However, there are luckily Japanese sites such as JariMan Primary, where people have archived listings of magazine contents in Japanese.
Searching enough, it's not impossible to find many Pokemon manga which have no info in English - there was even apparently a manga for Pokemon Link (Torozei in America)(!)
Unfortunately, pictures or actual story information are rarer still...

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
A lot of the manga uncollected into volumes have very little if any information about them in English.
For example, for a long time it was commonly thought Phantom Thief Pokemon 7 only had 12 chapters (1 volume), as that was all that was collected (and translated).

However, there are luckily Japanese sites such as JariMan Primary, where people have archived listings of magazine contents in Japanese.
Searching enough, it's not impossible to find many Pokemon manga which have no info in English - there was even apparently a manga for Pokemon Link (Torozei in America)(!)
Unfortunately, pictures or actual story information are rarer still...

Was the Pokémon Link manga long or was it only some pages of instructional gameplay manga? Please write any info you know about the Pokémon Link manga!
Are there any other Pokémon mangas that you know about that aren't featured at Bulbapedia's Pokémon manga article or Dogasu's Backpack?
Please post links to those sites!

Last edited:

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
I already did, plenty

And I thank you for that.

the rules say I can't. :3

I didn't ask you to post scans (I'm not that stupid, I know that's against the rules).
I just wanted to see some info and covers. (Yes, that might count as scans, but without being able to post covers manga debates aren't going to be as smooth + it promotes the manga + covers are often available legitimately from Amazon and other shopping websites / official websites + nobody looks at a cover and says: "I know how it ends just by looking at this front cover, I'm not going to buy this now").

Sorry for asking this, but do you know the official Japanese name and / or the translated English name of the Pokémon Link manga?

Last edited: