• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

You are in, The Power of Pika! Be sure to have fun and answer/make topics! Cool team by the way!

t6r7

<--Resets: Alot
Do you think that Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos should have just stayed in Platinum?
No. I cant think of a reason that they should. Although for me they arent the coolest legends :D

Do you think there are way to many legendaries in HGSS?
There are many, but the more, the cooler.

Manetric

!sdrawkcaB
Besides the whole Celebi thing, do you think Giovanni will make much of an appearance?
He's fine where he is
What will be your final HeartGold/SoulSilver team? Why?
Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Umbreon and Espeon because it's a nice mix of types
Are you gonna try and get Rayquaza in-game by getting both games?
Nope, I'll import it from Emerald onto Platinum
What do you think of having to go on separate little "quests" to get a rematch with the Johto/Kanto Gym Leaders?
It's great, not much else to say
Are there any features from any of the older games that you think should have been carried on to HGSS?
Pal Park? Dongle Pokemon?
Do you like the new in-game trades?
It'd be good if all gym leaders had one
Do you think that Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos should have just stayed in Platinum?
No, it's a nice addition
Do you think there are way too many legendaries in HGSS?
Certainly not

Well, I thought that they weren´t going to be in HG/SS because of that, but I like it that they did put them in.

No, there were many more in Platinum iirc.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Naw, I think it was a nice addition to be honest!

Not really, the more the marrier lol.

@ Torp, I'll send you a PM later tonight, kk?

BTW Guyz, I made that trainercard in my sig and was thinking about making a shop for them, would any of you be intrested in getting one?

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
Nope. It's even better that they're in HGSS. As long as they don't run away again on the first turn, it's good. xD

No, not at all! If you haven't played any of the older games or caught them in past games, then it gives you another chance of catching them.

The Trainer Card looks pretty cool. Is your shop open yet? 8)

Oh, & I know this isn't really related to HG/SS, but the Shaymin event is now released as a Mystery Gift in Platinum. (At least, it is in North America. I'm not quite sure about the other places though.) So go get your Shaymin today! xD

Last edited:

Raikou_fan

Do you think that Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos should have just stayed in Platinum?No way! the birds are native to Kanto, so why would they not be there? It would be kinda dumb for them not to be there.

Nope. The more the merrier! Plus, it's a good way to get pkmn you haven't been able to get any other way. Since I'm getting SS, it'll make up for the Groudon I couldn't get in Sapphire, and the Lugia I couldn't get in Colosseum.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Well this is going to be fun. This will be one long post so I'm going to answer half now and half later.=P

Anyway from the beginning.

Do you like all the new features in HGSS?
I like alot of the features but there is a few things I wasn't fond of (I'm not a big fan of that phone).

Will you be choosing the boy character or the girl character and what will you name him/her?
I've already chosen a girl and I've gone the nalstagic route. Back when I was younger I had a theme of naming characters after lion king characters. So like my old Crystal version the character I named Nala.

Are you/did you import HG/SS from Japan?
I imported from japan through play asia. I even got the figurine since I preordered it.

Do you think HGSS will make Pokemon the number 1 best franchise?
Not really. They're good but still not my top favourite. I like SS but with all those monster collecters I've played it's very hard to compete. I play many other games aswell. My top favourite monster collecter is Dragon quest monsters joker where I like the story, the full 3D in both overworld and battle plus the animation and contact really helps it. The biggest floor I find is the grinding in that. Though I like it's battle system better because it's simpler. Then there's banjo kazooie when it comes to other games. Pokemon is an okay franchise though. Though I do think they need to start putting more effort into some aspects of it. 3D cut scenes and Pokemon following is a good start though. Even pokethlon is a nice addition.

Anything you would have changed/added to the re-makes?
I would have added contests back. Can't see why both pokethlon and contests can't be in the same game.

I would have made it so the pokethlon recognised Pokemon individually since I was kind of surprised that all my Pikachu's were recognised for winning all the sections even though only 1 Pikachu did the work.

I'd also have their achievement in the Pokethlon on the Pokemon's status screen. I noticed that you have to go to the building to look at most of the achievements which can be a bit annoying if you want to show a friend and your half way across Johto.

I would have added vs seeker for option. If not then the phone I would have raised the battle calls since it just feels like it's being rationed out at the point of the game I am at.

Pokewalker would have taken attacks into account when the Pokemon leveled up instead of skipping the moves. I would also have more variety on the Pokemon that attacked in the pokewalker. Sometimes you'd get the same Pokemon attacking over and over in some courses that it does waste watts.

I can't think of anything else other than more effort in the actual animation of the sprites.

Very good games despite all I would have change and added.^-^

Are you going to do anything different from the Original Gold and Silver?
Already doing something different. I have a Pikachu early game due to the pokewalker. One thing I wasn't fond of in the originals was the lack of access to early Pikachu and the pokewalker has fixed that problem. Plus I'm going to use mamoswine in the league. I would never have trained a swinub otherwise.

Also having a rattata in my team unevolved is caused by the pokethlon and the sprite that follows you. It's cute and I find rattata the easiest to control in the pokethlon stylis wise. One thing that annoyed me when evolving totodile was any course that had obstacles and Pokemon to ram into feraligatr got hit more due to size. Rattata is nice and small and can dart around the opponents and be hit less. Though it is devastating if Rattata got rammed since he's more likely to get dizzy. Though I manage to avoid that problem most of the time.

What starters will you pick other than the original Johto starters?
Squirtle and Torchic. Though I have been considering bulbasaur instead of Squirtle as of late.

Do you plan to play competitively in these games?
No because my Diamond is my competitive version. I always have 1 competitive version per gen and the rest are just casually trained. It stops me from getting bored this way.

What pokemon would you like to see following you?
I already have a rattata follow me and my Pikachu. Very cute.

Do you think HeartGold and SoulSilver could have had better names?
No. They seem just fine. I see people suggest golden sun and silver moon yet golden sun is a real game and copyrighted. Others had said Dawn and dusk but Digimon beat them to it with Digimon world Dawn and digimon world dusk. They did pretty well for what was available to them when it comes to names. I can't think of anything better than heart and soul that also avoids potential lawsuits.

What do you think of the sprites for the first 251 Pokemon in HGSS?
They're okay. I think Pikachu could have been done better personally. I like it's Platinum sprite better.

Do you think that the HGSS sprites are better than the DPPt/Platinum ones?
Some are and some aren't. Platinum has some pretty good sprites from my view.

What did you name your Rival/will name him?
Lion king theme again like in the days. can't have a girl named Nala without the rival named Scar.XD

What Pokemon do you think should've been in the Safari Zone?
Pikachu. I know it sounds weird since the pokewalker already has this but when you start a new game and the pokewalker events over, Pikachu is no longer available early. You have to reset the pokewalker with the game.

Considering that the only non-event legendaries from the first 3 gens missing are the regis, how would you incorporate them into the game?
Same way as RSE.

Will you SR for a shiny starter when you get the game?
Didn't bother with it. Just wanted to play.

The Bug-Catching Contest. What are your thoughts on this?
It's okay. Same as the originals. Nothing special except that you can get more Pokemon when your further in the game.

What Legendary are you most excited to get?
Little hard to be excited considering I have all of the legends already in earlier games. I'm more excited about just hearing their remix tunes more than anything and I guess getting mewtwo for some reason. Personally I want a celebi to unlock the special event story. I don't know whether you have to have a tour celebi that Nintendo will release in the future or whether you can use any tour celebi. If it's any tour celebi then I can use my bonus disc celebi.=P
Though yeah I'm excited about unlocking the event one way or another more so than the actual Pokemon.

This post will get too long if I answer any more at the moment. So next post after someone else has posted I'll answer more on the list.^-^

Last edited:

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
New Topic:

Do you think Silver should have had his Sneasel evolve into Weavile in the game?
I'd rather he didn't. If he didn't evolve his Sneasel, it would be just like his manga counterpart which is kind of interesting. Also because Sneasel is one of my favourite Pokemon. (;

t6r7

Do you think Silver should have had his Sneasel evolve into Weavile in the game?
It would make her (i think) pokemon more strong.

And wow, how can we come up with so much topics of HG and SS. And is shaymin in the games?

Illusione-Tempus

No, how about switching them with any other Trios. GF should've known about a GSC remakes am I right?

Let's see, comparing HGSS with Platinum:

HGSS : Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latias (HG), Latios (SS), Kyogre (HG), Groudon (SS), Rayquaza. Total: 14
Platinum : Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Regirock (Event), Regice (Event), Registeel (Event), Azelt, Mesprit, Uxie, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Darkrai (Event), Shaymin (Event). Total: 17

Very many, but not as many as Platinum O.O

Then it means no more nostalgia *got shot*
Well it'll ruin his team, considering this is just to experience our good old days in GSC (where I got my first lv 100 Pokemon, my Meganium :3)

New Topic:
Pokethlon, do you find it time wasting or useful?
If it's for getting money, I say useful. With Nugget a piece each 500 points (what's the name of the points again?), we can easily nab it after a single round. That is, if you're lucky (my score usually reigns from 300 to 499, once 500).

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
It's not really a waste of time since it also provides us something to do once we get tired of battling. So I'd say it's useful. :9

Silver is a guy. xD
I don't think Shaymin is in the games since it's already been in D/P/Pt, so there's not really any point in having Sinnoh exclusive Legends in HG/SS besides giving you a (possible) double.

t6r7

I find it useful since it is fun and like rinsakurai said, it provides us something to do when we are tired of battling.

Oh, and sorry for saying Silver was a girl :D I didnt know

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Okay part 2 for my answers since I didn't want to overflow the earlier postI did.

ApriShakes or Poffins?

Aprishakes are good for making things extremely fast since all you have to do is walk around in the game to make it.

Poffins I liked because it did find some use for the touch screen. Challenging aswell. I've always liked challenges in games so I do lean towards poffin a bit. However Shakes are okay aswell. They're good in their own way for me. I don't think I would have liked spending hours on shakes for Pokemon thatwere justgoing to be entered in a bunch of mini games anyway. Mini games are supposed to be pick and go so shakes did their purpose and were well thought out.

The Shining Leaf. Will you spend hours looking for 5 of these just for an extra star on your Trainer Card?
Since I'm a completionist so yes. Worst part is I'll be trying to look for as many as possible for all 6 of my Pokemon even though that's not the requirement.XD

Should Red have this dramatic opening like Gym Leaders do?
Considering he's the champ he should. Though I don't know whether they did or not. Not far enough.

What were your first thoughts when you first heard that HG and SS would be released?
Meh....
Yes you heard me right. The originals were my least favourite Pokemon games out of all the versions. I imported because I wanted another japanese game and it had been a long time since I had imported. I didn't import because I was impatient. I wasn't impatient at all considering I was thinking about not getting these at all.

Glad I took the dive though. These are alot better than the originals and I like them as much as my top favourite Pokemon games Platinum, Emerald and RBY anyway. Johto now been placed on the map for regions I like alot.

Do you think that HGSS are the best Pokemon games, in your mind?
Haven't finished so I can't judge yet. It's proving great so far though. It'll all depend how HG and SS treat kanto which I haven't reached and all my effort trying to not spoil the remix music there and the graphics. If they treat that well, which I have heard about the bringing back of areas which is sounding promising, then I can say yes these are great. I don't like games as much that fall in quality after the half way point so kanto has to be on par with Johto for me to be 100% happy with it. Good quality from start to end is what I like.

Which one do you think will be more popular? HeartGold or SoulSilver?
Heart gold going by gamefaqs seems to be proving more popular.

Where and when will you use the Poke Radar?
Pokeradar on the pokewalker I've used on the train, bus and even at tafe. I'm even snuck some use of it in the tafe library.

What do you think of Silver as the rival?
Okay. I don't think much of the rivals. They're just people I defeat and they usually change atthe end of the game.

People are comparing Kotone to Kris and Super Mario. What do you think the reason behind this is?
She has some resemblance to mario in clothes and I guess kris being the first girl in Crystal. Personally I didn't like Kris much. Didn't like her design in the originals. The anime didn't exactly help with 4kids butchering because I couldn't stand Marina (her anime counterpart).
I prefer Kotone personally. Nothing against her or anything though. I can see why people would like her. I played as her at times but pretended she was someone else alot.

When will you use the Poke Walker?
I use it everytime I go walking. I don't go anywhere without it.

Do you think it's unfair that only those in Japan can get movie-exclusive Pokemon?
yes because in Australia nintendo Australia sometimes can't be bothered. I mean for example while Australia gave out movie manaphy and darkrai we never got movie shaymin. We never got movie regigigas either. They couldn't be bothered I guess which is normal. You can't tell some of the time what they're doing. They are lazy as of late. I heard we're not even getting a price drop for the wii unlike other countries who are dropping the price. So it's no surprise at the moment.>_>

At least we can download the oak's letter that's going on at the moment. So at least Aussies with DS's connected to the internet can get shaymin.

Commemorative Photos are a waste of time? Or a way to capture memorable moments within the game?
They're a little nice. Not something I would spend alot of time on.

What will be the first think you did/do when you get/got HG and SS?
I glued my figurine Lugia's wing together since it came broken in the mail. Not something I was expecting to do first when I got the game in all honesty.=/

Which Pokemon MUST you have on your team?
Pikachu always on my team.

Which Gym Leader are you looking forward to facing?
Surge. Not there yet though.

Do you prefer the Poketch or the PokeGear?
poketech since it had berry locations, something to show how happy your Pokemon is, Pokemon breeding centre app ad quite a few other things.

Which of the three Legendary Dogs do you like the most?
Raikou due to the sabre tooth tiger look.

Will you SR for a shiny Legendary in the games?
No because I want to play the rest of the game.

Besides the whole Celebi thing, do you think Giovanni will make much of an appearance?
From what I've been reading on forums it doesn't seem like he does outside the event.

Most of my team is done.
rattata
Pikachu
mamoswine
feraligatr
umbreon

Pidgeotto only a stand in until i find something else. As for what the other thing is i haven't decided.

Anyway rattata for due to cuteness and pokethlon. I'm not evolving it. Pikachu always been in my team and is my strongest.
memoswine is because I want to take out the restof the game with a sinnoh Pokemon also I missed the chance of having one in my main team in DPPt. Glaceon and everything else kind of caused that.^-^;;;;;
Feraligatr and Umbreon always seem to land in my GSC teams for some reason and again I see to have gone back into the pattern. I think it's just comfortable Pokemon when it comes to GSC.

Maybe when the english version comes out. I only have 1 game so the opposite Pokemon would have to be traded.

What do you think of having to go on separate little "quests" to get a rematch with the Johto/Kanto Gym Leaders?
I haven't got to that part so I have not one idea if I like it ot not so it depends on the quest.

Are there any features from any of the older games that you think should have been carried on to HGSS?
Vs seeker. Contests.

Haven't really bothered with them yet due to not being far enough.

No because kanto is their home region.

More legendaries the better in my opinion. people have been demanding for years for a Pokemon game that has everything in it. You can't have everything in a Pokemon game without having too many legendaries. Now these don't have everything in them but at least it's on the path towards it. makes it easier to get the legends.

I'll answer the new questions a little later.

Last edited:

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
Haha! Well...he does...look a little feminine if seen from a distance...I think. o_o

I'll just go with the points that are on the first page & continue adding to it from where it was left off.

Updates:

Totodile Rank:
Mr. Joker- 44 points
t6r7- 40 points

Cyndaquil Rank:
m!ss p!nk- 29 points

Chikorita Rank:
Manectric- 13 points
Shining-Platinum- 6 points
Shadow XD001- 8 points
Tyranitar trainer- 7 points
Mi10ticFan- 5 points

Johto Newbie Rank:
the jman- 3 points
Birnax- 1 point
EeveeSkitty- 2 points
>Entei<- 1 point
BynineB- 3 points
Raikou fan- 4 points
MarshtompMan- 1 point
DA DA SWSH- 1 point
The Power of Pika- 3 points

New Topics:

Last edited:

EeveeSkitty

Pokemon.
Probably not :p

Typhlosion(awesome and nostalgia), Lanturn(electric and water, two of the most useful types in one Pokemon and it's already bred with T-bolt/Surf and two other moves), Dragonite(E-speed ftw), Espeon(woot woot), Tyranitar(available early, YES!)

Nah, I'll do a trade with a SoulSilver player with my Kyogre for a Groudon to get the orb

What do you think of having to go on separate little "quests" to get a rematch with the
Boo, more trouble. Why can't we just battle, god. We have lives and don't want to chase you around all day.

The decoration of your room, it should of been a mini secret base thing...your room.

Kind of, Jasmine's trade is sweet

Yeah, too many birds in too many games, Frlg, XD, Platinum, HGSS lol. 4 sets of birds.

No, legendaries are a nice side-quest-ish thing.

Yeah, it makes sense.

Awesome, and useful. But mainly fun~

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Yeah, I love weavile its my favourite pokemon

Neither, its just alot of fun

Also I have an idea, how about some kind of spriting contest
Something like edit the bad HG/SS or something

Last edited:

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3

Yup,That'll be niiice :3

Do you think there are way to many legendaries in HGSS?

Yeah, i guess ..

Torpoleon

To Mr. Joker: Ok, I'll wait for your PM and I'll look at your trainer cards and probably ask for one to be made.
To Tyranitar trainer: You mean make the bad HGSS sprites good?

Yes! And his Magneton!

I find it pretty cool actually.

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3

Nah, i like sneasal more :3

Well, i think it's niiice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.