• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimchar15

Would you play HGSS on your DS Lite and not a DSi just because of the Pal Park?
Hmm Yes I will probably play HG on my DS lite as I had it for about 3 years now, and I don't know if I will be getting a DSi. If I do I'll definitely keep still keep my DS lite because of Pal Park.

What would be a better name for Soul, in your eyes?

Actually I like her name as it is, so I really wouldn't change it.

Do you think that they should have added any more legendaries into HGSS, if so, who?
No I wouldn't as I already think we have an abundance of legendaries and any others we will probably get through events.

New Topic:
If you could only choose one, what feature of HGSS would you say makes it a great game?
Now this is a hard question for me but I would have to say that the gyms make HGSS such great games. I mean in what other game do you get to battle and re-battle sixteen leaders?! Their puzzles are amazing and inventive. Their rosters are unique and challenging, unlike a lot of other games leaders. That's what I think makes HGSS such great games.

Last edited:

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
@ Torpoleon: We can always help you manage the contest, especially if we're not entering it ourselves. Or if anyone wants to volunteer...:) But who will be the judges? Or should there just be a poll to see which fan art/fanfic is the most popular? Haha, I think this might take a lot of work, but it'll be worth it. xD

Apricorn Trees are now dotted all across Johto. Will you try to note all their locations or prefer the old game locations?
I can't remember the old game locations. I guess that means I'll have to try remembering the new locations then?

What were you looking forward to most in HeartGold and SoulSilver?
Probably the Pikachu-coloured Pichu & Notched-Ear Pichu event. Though I'm not sure if that event will ever come out in North America or Europe. It would be awesome if it did.

DS Lite ftw. o_o Haha, I haven't bought the DSi yet, & I never plan to. So either way HG/SS will be played on my DS Lite. I've heard that the DSi will get something even better than Pal Park but it might just be a rumour.

Heart, I guess. But Soul is still a pretty good name.

If you could only choose one, what feature of HGSS would you say makes it a great game?
Basically everything that Chimchar15 said. xD

Last edited:

m!ss p!nk

Puss wuss >3
My DS lite is broken D: soo i just have DSi, mean nooo -.-

I think her name is good, i don't have to change it ..

Do you think that they should have added any more legendaries into HGSS, if so, who?
No, just kanto and johto legendary'll be gooooood x3

@Torpoleon: no more point for the banner i make D: ?

I don´t even have a DSi, and I am not planning to get one either so DS Lite for me...

The only other name I can think of is Heart, but Soul is a better name than Heart in my opinion, so I don´t know...

Too. Many. Things. To. Choose. From!
The fact they are remakes of Gold and Silver make them great games already

Chimchar15

New Topics:
What do you think of the new Safari Zone?
I love it. I just think its cool that we're able to capture some pokemon that wasn't available to us in the originals, Also the whole rearranging and decorating thing is pretty cool as well.

What do you think of the added aesthetic changes to these games?
I love them. The fact that you can hear water by being next to it is amazing. The cutscenes are beautiful and just make playing the game that much more enjoyable.

Do you think Prof.Elm should have been the one to start you off in the intro to these games instead of Prof.Oak?
Yes I do. Prof.Oak is cool, but this games professor is Prof.Elm and I think he should've been in the spotlight.

Imagine

ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ ᴜᴛᴏᴘɪᴀ
It seems pretty cool from what I've heard of it so far. But since I haven't exactly played the games yet, I can't say for sure.

They're all awesome. I really like the fact that you can hear your character's footsteps when they walk or run. That may be a minor feature compared to some of the others, but I'm amazed by it. xD

Do you think Prof.Elm should have been the one to start you off in the intro to these games instead of Prof.Oak?
Yes, although I didn't really think much about it at the time, it would make a lot more sense to have Prof. Elm be the one featured in the intro.

gelo-c00ts

Dragon Emperor
Cool of course because you can customize the places.

the sea, river and lakes you can hear it and I like it.

Yes! because in all games only R/B/G/Y and G/S/C has the Prof Oak Intro.

New Topic:
What HG/SS event is the best for you? and why
for me the best event is the celebi event because this event contains a subplot that will amaze you :D

Illusione-Tempus

What were you looking forward to most in HeartGold and SoulSilver?
Johto and Chikorita, what else? :3

Would you play HGSS on you DS Lite and not a DSi just because of the Pal Park?
I only have a DSL, and frankly I don't do Pal Parks. But if I do then probably Pal-Parking at Platinum cause my Dex isn't complete yet!

I suck at naming options, I usually spend about 30 minutes figuring what name should I give. But I say her names sounds good enough.

Hmm... The fact that Johto has returned? Basically, what is better than going on another Johto adventure? :D

Can't... stop... playing at there...
Ok, all those Area modifications were great, but the fact about how the Safari Zone could swap everything in a matter of two seconds is bugging me O.O

The cutscenes, the footsteps, the water, everything sounds fantastic! Not like you've been walking for a really long time and yet to hear a single footstep, as if you're like flying.

Seriously GF, give him a chance to be in the Intro and give us the Pokedex. If he's practically someone who only researches about eggs, then why? GIVE HIM AN INTRO ROLE!

luanluker

I am getting soul silver.my fave johto starter is cyndaquil and my wanted teaam is

Mew (My Fave Poke EVER!!!)
Torterra
Cyndaquil
Crobat
Porygon-Z
Rapidash (shiny)

can i join?

Last edited:
I have both a DSLite and DSi. I might need to use the Lite to transfer pokemon though. HGSS has enough pokemon as it is, however. XD

I like her name, and it should stick to what it is. :D

No. They're are to many ledgendaries and Wi-Fi will be spammed with them. ¬_¬

If I could choose one thing, it will be the detail. The sheer detail in every route, cave and town (like the lily pads on the water and the orange trees in Ecruteak) makes me jump for joy at how Nintendo really chose to listen to their beloved fans :D

I have both a DSLite and DSi. I might need to use the Lite to transfer pokemon though. HGSS has enough pokemon as it is, however. XD

I like her name, and it should stick to what it is. :D

No. They're are to many ledgendaries and Wi-Fi will be spammed with them. ¬_¬

If I could choose one thing, it will be the detail. The sheer detail in every route, cave and town (like the lily pads on the water and the orange trees in Ecruteak) makes me jump for joy at how Nintendo really chose to listen to their beloved fans :D

Torpoleon

To m!ss p!nk: Make the banner first. Don't ask about points again.
To luanluker: Yes, but use proper grammar and elaborate on your posts a little bit.

What HG/SS event is the best for you? And why?
The Celebi Event because of Giovanni and Celebi.

There is too much to choose from.

I think that it is great!

They all seem really cool.

Do you think Prof. Elm should have been the one to start you off in the intro to these games instead of Prof. Oak?

That would have been cool.

IMPORTANT: We will have our first annual HGSS Fan Fic Contest on Nov. 1, 2009. Get your HGSS fan Fics ready. Post them between Nov. 1, 2009 and Nov. 15, 2009. Voting for the best via poll is from Nov. 16, 2009 and Nov. 29, 2009. The winner will be announced on Nov. 30, 2009. I wont enter. Everyoone else can. I'll copy and paste this onto the first post shortly.

Illusione-Tempus

Torp, do we have to finish the whole fic by November? I'm actually having a project on making a cute little love story about a somewhat serious Mareep and a really playful Shinx, which still keeps their natures 'til their last stage.

I didn't touch HG yesterday, lost my DSL which contained my HG game card in it... :< So I instead drew Mareep and Chikorita all over my Sketch Book trying to retouch my drawings.

Torpoleon

Ya know what, I never thought of that. Now I don't know when to start a Fan Fic contest. I never thought about if it would be a whole fan fic. Dang. So, how about an HGSS One- Shot Fic Contest on Nov. 1, 2009.

Chimchar15

What is the main reason you like HeartGold and SoulSilver?
The fact that they have such great things in the game. Nostalgia also plays a part as I loved the orignal G/S/C.

What do you think the biggest accomplishment of HeartGold and SoulSilver was?
The fact that they were able to keep a lot of the game the same, and also add so many new things to it. You get an almost perfect feeling of both old and new things.

What are your favorite places in HeartGold and SoulSilver?
Mine are Violet City, Azalea Town, Ecruteak City, the Lake Of Rage, Ice Path, and Tohjo Falls. I each because you have fun things to do in them and are just designed beautifully. It makes me wish that Spring was here already so I could experience these places first hand.

gelo-c00ts

Dragon Emperor
Because my favorite region is johto :D

Dragon's Den and Tin tower :D

Illusione-Tempus

That's better (at least we're not going to have aching brains thinking of a story in less than a month :p)

My DSL was found yesterday, too bad it's late so I didn't touch it. Oh well, today after school I immediately flew to Olivine City, found Jasmine and got her phone number. I was lucky, because now I know what does Gym Leader spell in Japanese.

Looks like we can rematch them any time as long as we call them at that specific time. Defeated Jasmine 6 times today, her Empoleon's cool :3

And to celebrate my little story:
Dressup.png

Whee!!! :D
A screenshot of a pic made with my bro's Ampharos at his Diamond game.

Torpoleon

So those new topics right, Chimchar15?
Glad to hear you found your DS Lite, Mystic! I LOVE Jasmine's Empoleon as well!

Mt. Silver, the Pokemon League and the Fighting Dojo.

Everything. The gym leaders, Red , the E4, everything!

Gym rematches, Red, E4 Rematches and I like the 2nd Generation.

REMINDER: Our first annual (every November) HeartGold and SoulSilver One Shot Contest begins on Nov. 1, 2009. That is when you submit them!

Chimchar15

So those new topics right, Chimchar15?
Glad to hear you found your DS Lite, Mystic! I LOVE Jasmine's Empoleon as well!

Mt. Silver, the Pokemon League and the Fighting Dojo.

Everything. The gym leaders, Red , the E4, everything!

Gym rematches, Red, E4 Rematches and I like the 2nd Generation.

REMINDER: Our first annual (every November) HeartGold and SoulSilver One Shot Contest begins on Nov. 1, 2009. That is when you submit them!

Yeah those are new topics, sorry I forgot to mention that.

New Topics:
What other characters would you have liked to see in HGSS?
I would have loved to see Brawly as he was a student of Chuck's. It would've been nice to see them interact.

What's one feature that you think HGSS are lacking?
I would say that it's lacking personal areas. I mean there's no place for to yourself, no base, no villa, nothing.

What do you think of the slightly changed Team Rocket plot?
I love it. I think that it's cool that you get to disguise yourself as a Team Rocket member at some point in the game.

Birnax

Grass pokemon Master

I would rather play it on the ds lite than the dsi.I want to transfer some pokemon from my gba games.

Goldenrod City,Blackthorn City, and Mt. Silver.

What other characters would you have liked to see in HGSS?

I would have like to see Wattson.

I think the biggest accomplishment was that the games stayed true to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.