• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Pokemon PC: How Do You Organize Your PC Boxes?

How do you organize your PC Boxes?

• By Type

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • By Region

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Other (Tell us down below!)

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • I don't

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters

Navarch

Hello,

I've been trying many different ways to organize my PC Box, but it always looks unorganized no matter what I do. So I want to ask all of you:

How do you organize your PC boxes? By type? Region? Do you organize them?

Tell us how you do it, and explain why if you want to. :)

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I kinda want my boxes to be organized but I've never really done so. It is just too much of a hassle to me. The only thing I do is trying to keep all my special Pokémon (team members, level 100, shiny Pokémon, events) in the same box. If I had Pokémon bank I would certainly put more effort but in the games themselves I feel there is too little box space to come up with anything decent.

Tangeh

I used to organize 'em by type, but I have too many pokemon in XY so it's too much of a hassle lol. My 3rd and 4th Gen boxes are still by type. I guess technically they aren't by "type" per say - more by area that the pokemon would live in. For example, I have two boxes labeled "Forest" in Sapphire, which includes things like beautifly, nidoran, rattata... and one named "Safari" which includes pokemon from the Safari Zone. I actually had separate "River" and "Ocean" boxes for water types that I thought looked like either fresh water or salt water critters. I had "Cave" for rock/ ground/ zubat etc., Volcano for fire-types, one box for cute pokemon that I thought would be more like housepets... etc. I mean, I was like ten when I played Gen 3.

Nowadays in XY, I have box 1 designated for any pokemon I'd typically need for battle - this includes my six level 80-100 pickup ambipom, my 5th and 6th gen IG teams, my HM slaves, my lvl 100 flame body talonflame (granted she's almost always in my party, but when she isn't...), my shiny false swipe sneasel, and my suction cups malamar for fish chaining, which fills that one box almost completely.

The battle box is whatever competitive team I'm using at the moment. The last box (immediately behind the battle box) is for competitive reserves. I don't have enough competitive pokemon to fill the box yet (especially with six in the battle box), so I can separate those that are "battle ready" and those that haven't been EV trained or leveled to 50 / whatever level they need to be for their particular moveset or evolution yet. Ideally I'll get a separate box for non-trained pokemon once it fills up.

I have one box for extra 5IV correctly natured pokemon for trading. It's always full, but I haven't gotten around to clearing another box yet so I try to keep it varied and send extras to my Wondertrade box.

My Wondertrade box right now is filled with 5IV pumpkaboo lol but usually it's just 4IV breeding leftovers. I'll fill the box and send them all at once, then pick through whatever I get in return.

Anything I get from Wondertrade with good IVs that I can breed and use the offspring competitively I send to one of my two breeding boxes for later use. They're also both full so sometimes they get mixed into other boxes. :/

I have two boxes reserved for MM egg hatching. I'll hatch two boxes at a time, then cull the resulting offspring for either future trades or Wondertrade. I'll keep trade of how many eggs I've hatched in the name of one of the boxes. Because I only hatch two boxes at a time, I just need to add 60 after I've filled them.

I also have two boxes for legends, one for shinies, one for vivillon (and a few flabebe) and one entirely filled with ditto.

I used to have a box for eggs that I'm too lazy to hatch, but I'm not allowed to do that anymore because I never hatch them LOL. I also used to have a box for pokemon that I need to evolve for dex entries, but I've completed the dex and therefore don't need it anymore.

Other than that, my boxes are sorted vaguely by "type" (see first paragraph lol), but as I completed the pokedex and lost room in my boxes, I have a few misc boxes and some pokemon that don't fit the type they're supposed to fit. I really need to organize 'em, but I'm too lazy.

And... yeah, that's that! It's a system that works for me, anyways! Wish I had more room, but Pokebank is too much room... so whatever. xD

Last edited:
Only unique thing I do with my PC boxes is keep legendaries (whether they're normal or shiny) separate from normal Pokemon (again, whether they're normal or shiny).

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I usually don't organize my PC boxes, to be honest. I basically just use the battle box to to store the Pokemon on my main team when I'm trying to train up a different Pokemon.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I usually organize them by type, but special pokemon, like legendaries,shinies,team members and pokemon which is in special team, like theme teams are in separate boxes.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
A lot of my boxes aren't organized and are just ransoms that I like to keep or they're Wonder Trade bait. I do however, have separate boxes for Legendaries, EV-trained Pokémon, yet-to-be EV-trained Pokémon, Starters, Shinies(If I had any >_>), and a box for whatever Pokémon I'm breeding en-masse at the time.

Kalosian

So long
I used to organize them by type in 3rd gen, but stopped with that in 4th gen and forward. I don't really organize most of my Pokemon, just keep them in the order I catch them in for the most part. However, I do keep special Pokemon (such as legendaries, Pokemon with good IVs and shinies) in separate boxes so I can keep track of those at least.

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I have organized by type and by dex number, but with all the advanced search options, I no longer bother. I have a few special boxes though for easier access to my main 'mon.

Box 29 & 30 Tradable Shinies

Boxes 1-2 Are lined up east to west teams of 6. W/ items. Theme teams and some mono teams.

Box 3 the new teams I'm using in game to level up and those that jus need levels. Individual pokemon that need Evs or levels.

Box 4 wonder trade box.

Not breeding yet. But usually I line up wht needs to be bred , all my dittos , and a flame body Litwick I caught on black 2.

-BANK-

Box 1&2 Wondertrade iv egg move spitbacks. All different kinds

Box 3-5 Flawless iv egg move pokemon.

Box 6-8 Personal shinies some legends.

Box 9 flawless iv egg move mons needed to be bred for a different gender.

Box 10-Twenty something Filled with random Wondertrade things I have held onto.

Box 84-100 personal keepers from all range of things. 1 is a Vivillon box.

I'm an organized person lol

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I dedicated boxes for Vivillon, Pokemon intended for Wonder Trading and Pokemon I caught in the Friend Safari (which also ended up becoming the box where I store my breeding stock). Other than that, I do not organise my PC boxes in any way.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
In Diamond, I have the pokes I'll use most (teams & HM slaves), then organized by type, have a box for all the unown, and lastly, a box for special pokes (legends & shinnies).

My other games? I don't give a rats behind since I don't care about catching them all in them and wouldn't even fill up one box.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I have a box for every type, a box for my shinys+HM Slaves+in-game team, a box for all of my EV trained Pokemon, a box for those I plan to EV train, and a bunch of boxes for WTing and leftovers from breeding.

PokemonTrainerKaden

National dex numbers.

Start with Bulbasaur in the first slot of the first box, and go from there.

Boxes 31 and 32 are filled with competitive Pokemon. 30 is for Pokemon I've hatched with high IVs that are awaiting training. 28 and 29 for traded Pokemon with high IVs and/or egg moves that I intend to re-breed to have my own with the proper nickname. 27 is for shinies. 24-26 are for legendaries. 23 is the box for things I have set aside for people who have said the want to trade for those things. Then there's the 8 boxes set aside for breeding failures to go out over wonder trade (I have limited Wifi access so I can't just trade them as soon as I hatch them). Aside from that, it's basically a disorganized free for all. I like it better that way though. I'll scan through boxes and decide to just breed whatever catches my eye.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I have 2-3 boxes for all of my Legendary and Event Pokémon from previous games.
A box for Shiny Pokémon (I only have about 6) and Pokémon that the OT is N.
A box for my in-game team and Pokémon I've trained to level 100.
About 4 boxes of Hidden Ability Pokémon.
A box for Starter and Fossil Pokémon.
And a box for breeding (Parents with Egg Moves and Parents & Dittos with a few IVs)
The remaining boxes have the rest of the Pokémon I've collected. I try to keep the types together, but it doesn't always work out.

ProfessorSinnoh

Ghost Maniac
It aggravates me so much when my boxes arn't organized. So mine are, just my own way.

My first two boxes are my Team, Events, Legendaries, and favorites. After that I have every box named for whatever is in it like IVs, shinies, region starters, (which take up way too much room. One box for each region.) and HAs.

My Pokebank is terrible though. I will never even try to organize all that.

Keysmash

buys meat
Don't care much to sort things out before I beat the main game. After that, being mainly a Pokedex-completing type of player, I sort Pokemon by ones that can evolve via level up, Pokemon that evolve via other means, Pokemon to breed, Pokemon to trade, level 100s, and so on. I also have several box fulls of starter Pokemon in XY back when Bank was still a Japan-only novelty.

PokeLys

Since Red version'98
Box 1 has always been my garage box: there I keep My HM slaves, catchers, the breeder-ditto, stuff to-be-bred, eggs to hatch, and the random pokés with a text for their name so I can "chat" during a trade.
Box 2 keeps the next lineups I want to train: when I'm done raising a team to lvl60 and passed through the E4, I start a new one!
Boxes 3 and up are the main Poké storage, and XY brought me to get a new way of organizing them... Since the wide variety of different pokéballs and you can now pass the ball when breeding, I began classing them by type of ball! I never had so much trouble finding a particular 'mon but hey! the balls are neatly placed together so it looks clean! *eye twitch and awkward laughter* :D