• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
in oras does dexnav chaining actually increase chance of shiny or no?
also i assume you could start finding shiny with dexnav from the first moment you get it, not have to beat the game or any such thing?

No it doesn't. You just get lucky if you find a shiny. A shiny charm helps though.

Crystagon

No it doesn't. You just get lucky if you find a shiny. A shiny charm helps though.

While it's true that chaining doesn't increase the probability, it's worth noting that using the DexNav itself does increases the odds, much like the Safari Zone.
Source

Mr Ducks

¿por que no los dos?
While it's true that chaining doesn't increase the probability, it's worth noting that using the DexNav itself does increases the odds, much like the Safari Zone.
Source

i read that topic a few weeks ago but in my person experience have had no such luck finding shiny with dexnav
i've gone 800+ encounters without seeing one. multiple chains over 100 included

i was trying to get a shiny before the first gym on oras but have so far had no luck

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
When battling a horde of pokes, the amount of evs gained from an attached power item isn't multiplied by 5, right? just the number of evs gained from the fainted pokes?

Akashin

When battling a horde of pokes, the amount of evs gained from an attached power item isn't multiplied by 5, right? just the number of evs gained from the fainted pokes?

There's no multiplication involved at all. A Power item simply adds 4 EVs to a given stat, period. A Horde of Golbat, for example, would give 10 Speed EVs on their own or 30 with the Power Anklet, because each Golbat is giving 6 instead of 2.

The amount given by the Power item is multiplied in the sense that it applies to all of the Horde Pokemon rather than just applying once, though, if that's what you were asking. I think I might have misunderstood you a bit.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
There's no multiplication involved at all. A Power item simply adds 4 EVs to a given stat, period. A Horde of Golbat, for example, would give 10 Speed EVs on their own or 30 with the Power Anklet, because each Golbat is giving 6 instead of 2.

The amount given by the Power item is multiplied in the sense that it applies to all of the Horde Pokemon rather than just applying once, though, if that's what you were asking. I think I might have misunderstood you a bit.

that's what i thought at first. that a horde of golbat would give 14 points, and not 30.

KillerDraco

Does anyone know if Mew is given out in NZ? I know Australia is getting it.

You only need to ask in one place, not across multiple threads.

We know as much as has been announced. Ergo, we don't know if New Zealand will have a Mew giveaway, as one has not been announced. That's not to say they won't have one, but we simply don't know one way or the other.

AshLookalikeCasey

Hey everyone! I'm "sorta" new to the threads here and I have a question for you all. How many of you still have your original Pokemon from the Gen 3 games transferred ALLLLLLLL the way to the Gen 6 games? I'm having a dilemma right now because I'm replaying all the Pokemon games and transferring them from each Gen to the next so I have them in the current Gen (with the exception of the Gen 1 and 2 games because they can't be transferred to Gen 3).

My very first Pokemon in the Red/Blue games has been Charmander, which has evolved all the way up to Charizard. And way back when I couldn't transfer it up to Gen 3, I was put down because I was very proud of it. But then when they announced FireRed/LeafGreen (the remakes), I was happy because I could get my Charizard back. And as the years went on, I kept transferring the Pokemon I battled with in each game from one Gen to the next.

But now there are certain gift/legendary Pokemon that appeared in FireRed/LeafGreen that you can receive in the X/Y games. You can receive the classic starter Pokemon (Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle) from Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City. You can capture a sleeping Snorlax on a bridge. You can receive a Lapras from a breeder. You can even recapture the legendary Mewtwo in the Unknown Dungeon and any one of the legendary bird Pokemon (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres). Not only that, but they also recently announced that one Mythical Pokemon will be released each month this year as part of the Pokemon 20th Anniversary, which those of us that were privileged enough could have already legitimately receive before now.

Enter my dilemma: I want to be a proud trainer and transfer the Pokemon I've caught/trained from previous Gens all the way up to the current... but is it really worth it, since you can still receive them again in the current Gen games? Can I please get everyone's thoughts and opinions on this matter because I need help!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Enter my dilemma: I want to be a proud trainer and transfer the Pokemon I've caught/trained from previous Gens all the way up to the current... but is it really worth it, since you can still receive them again in the current Gen games? Can I please get everyone's thoughts and opinions on this matter because I need help!

I'll cover the method, on bringing it over.

Gen 3 to 4: You'll need your 3rd gen game and DS Fat or DS lite, and a 4th Gen game. Unlock the Pal park in the game, and you'll be able to transfer 6 per day. More info here: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/palpark.shtml
Gen 4 to 5: You'll need two DSes, and both 4th and 5th games. A 3DS will work as a DS for this. Unlock the PokéTranfer after beating the elite 4. Start your 4th Gen console and activate DS download play. More info here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/poketransfer.shtml
Gen 5 to 6: You'll need a 3ds, a Free NNID, at least $5/£5/€5 on your eshop account for a year worth of Bank subscription and of course a Gen 5 and Gen 6 game. Digital Gen 6 games must be downloaded on to the 3DS same system. Download Pokémon Bank and then download Pokémon Transporter. In gen 5 game, place all the Pokémon you want to Transfer in to Box 1. Run Pokémon Transporter and then move the Pokémon to the places you want in Pokémon Bank. More Info here: http://www.serebii.net/bank/

Jwittz covers the method in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Z9q7WY0Ls

The Price of Bank Subscription is probably the one of the reason why some People aren't doing it, as well has requiring to be online. Another reason against is the "hassle" of transferring them, and being "banned" in official completions.

Reasons for transferring them over is mainly Sentimental, but some Pokémon abilities or moves can only be obtained or breed from a Pokémon from a older game.

BCVM22

You don't need the diatribe. If you're still actively playing games from past generations where the Pokémon can still actively help you, keep them there. If not, move them forward where they can continue to help you and move forward in the games and years to come. That's all there is to it.

Perlgia

Space Ruling Guy
Random PokéWalker question: Is there a way to see the "advantageous types" for specific courses in-game without looking them up online every time?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is it known whether or not detective pikachu will be free on the eshop?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is it known whether or not detective pikachu will be free on the eshop?

Detective Pikachu costs 1,500 yen (1,200 yen from Jan 27 to Feb 29). Around 12 USD / 11 EUR / 8 GBP.
It is NOT a Free-to-Start nor a Free-to-Play game.

It's a full game when bought. It has no online features.

EDIT: Greninja'd. Too slow to reply. :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is the Mewtwo CD Drama(the one about Madame Boss, Ai and Mewtwo) explicitly canon to the anime?

BCVM22

The portions that were adapted into animation are as canon as the movie itself. The portions that were not are not "explicitly" canon, in that the anime has never referenced them and no one in a creative position for the anime has ever acknowledged them. Otherwise, they don't directly contradict anything to have ever happened onscreen.

As something that exists in that sort of canonical limbo, where it's never been unbreakably canonized but hasn't been contradicted either, the parts in question are as canon as you want them to be. Trying to definitively place it within or outside of canon beyond that is entirely subjective.

Pokemon Green 2ds

Obviously they are only available in Japan, but they are selling on eBay, would I be able to buy from Japan? Is there a way I could make it work in the UK?

When is the mew event coming to the usa? Either it hasnt been announced yet or im constantly passing the post. But it should be February 1st correct?

Also how do i dexnav?
I now i go to the app
Press search
Find it then kill it and search for another
But when it says cannot find one or i find another pokemon but scare it, does that mean the chain is broken?