• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
Is the Mew event tomorrow just at EB Games in Canada or is it at both there and Gamestop*?

* - Canada doses have these, since I've been to one where I live quite a few times before for older gen events.

Nevermind, disregard this.

I'll be going to one tomorrow to anyway (and I'll be going to bed soon anyway) so I'll see for myself, actually.

Last edited:

~Flamewing~

Mew Event Japan?

I apologize if this does not belong in this thread, please let me know if it doesn't!

So, for Pokemon 20, most countries are receiving a free new this February, as a starting Pokemon for all the mythical Pokemon being released. However, in Japan, February as started, but there is not word on how Mew will be released. Will we not get it? Is it because of the RBGY games?

I am very excited for the event Pokemon, and it would be a shame if I missed Mew!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This doesn't need its own thread so I'll move this to the questions thread. As for your question, the only Mew event I see for Japan isn't happening until the RBGY release so I would assume you're just stuck waiting until then. If I'm mistaken though don't hesitate to correct me.

~Flamewing~

This doesn't need its own thread so I'll move this to the questions thread. As for your question, the only Mew event I see for Japan isn't happening until the RBGY release so I would assume you're just stuck waiting until then. If I'm mistaken though don't hesitate to correct me.

Ah, thats a shame. However, I'll still keep an eye out in case anything shows up! Thank you!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The portions that were adapted into animation are as canon as the movie itself. The portions that were not are not "explicitly" canon, in that the anime has never referenced them and no one in a creative position for the anime has ever acknowledged them. Otherwise, they don't directly contradict anything to have ever happened onscreen.

As something that exists in that sort of canonical limbo, where it's never been unbreakably canonized but hasn't been contradicted either, the parts in question are as canon as you want them to be. Trying to definitively place it within or outside of canon beyond that is entirely subjective.

So Giovanni's background is fluctuating between "mommy issues and heir to Team Rocket" to "non-existent" and sometimes "dated Ash's mom"

BCVM22

I don't think the notion of Giovanni having been involved with Ash's mother stems from anywhere save an American-produced stage show - not the best resource for what passes for canon in the anime.

As for the rest of Giovanni's background, again, there's nothing in the audio-only portion of that story that contradicts the anime or vice-versa. If you prefer "mommy issues and heir to Team Rocket" as Giovanni's background as opposed to "non-existent," go for it. Nothing stopping you.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Obviously they are only available in Japan, but they are selling on eBay, would I be able to buy from Japan? Is there a way I could make it work in the UK?

You should see if the seller ships products to UK.
But you have to consider one thing before buying...

Since the Limited Edition Pokemon Green 2DS is Japan-exclusive, it is obviously a Japanese console.

Yes, you can play the console anywhere in the world, but because of region-lock, it will only play Japanese games.
Meaning, you would have to import games. NA and EU games won't be playable on a Japanese 2DS/3DS.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't think the notion of Giovanni having been involved with Ash's mother stems from anywhere save an American-produced stage show - not the best resource for what passes for canon in the anime.

As for the rest of Giovanni's background, again, there's nothing in the audio-only portion of that story that contradicts the anime or vice-versa. If you prefer "mommy issues and heir to Team Rocket" as Giovanni's background as opposed to "non-existent," go for it. Nothing stopping you.

I was trying to be funny. That question wasn't serious

You should see if the seller ships products to UK.
But you have to consider one thing before buying...

Since the Limited Edition Pokemon Green 2DS is Japan-exclusive, it is obviously a Japanese console.

Yes, you can play the console anywhere in the world, but because of region-lock, it will only play Japanese games.
Meaning, you would have to import games. NA and EU games won't be playable on a Japanese 2DS/3DS.

Thanks for the reply, I wouldn't play other games on it, green would be the only game I buy for it.
Also, would I be able to change the language on it from Japanese to English? And would I have to buy some sort of charger converter?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks for the reply, I wouldn't play other games on it, green would be the only game I buy for it.
Also, would I be able to change the language on it from Japanese to English? And would I have to buy some sort of charger converter?

No, there's no language option for a Japanese 3DS, so it's recommended that you understand Japanese. Yes, you'll have to buy a travel adapter for your Japanese 3DS charger. You'll need a type B to type G travel adapter (if you don't know about types of plugs, have a look here or if one isn't available, a universal travel adapter can be used.

Thanks for your help guys, I probably won't be getting a Japanese 2ds then.

So are any of you getting a special edition 2DS/3DS for the anniversary?

pahj

Does connectivity from wii games still work with Gen IV?

Anyone know if it's still possible to use the pokemon ranch feature to connect with Platinum? If so, how I do this? I did some search but found nothing about this kind of connection. I don't want to spend wii points in a feature that I can't use. I'm manly going to to do this to get the mew from this game.

BCVM22

The connectivity is purely based on your local hardware, so it still works and won't over stop on its own, but the international version of Ranch was never given the update to allow for connectivity with Platinum. Diamond or Pearl only outside of Japan.

pahj

The connectivity is purely based on your local hardware, so it still works and won't over stop on its own, but the international version of Ranch was never given the update to allow for connectivity with Platinum. Diamond or Pearl only outside of Japan.

I see. Thank you for your reply!

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Do pokes that are encountered for the first time in one's game in the battle resort facilities are added to the dex?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Do pokes that are encountered for the first time in one's game in the battle resort facilities are added to the dex?

You mean the Pokémon encountered in the Battle Maison? No, they won't be registered as 'seen' in the 'dex.