• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello all, my Nintendo 3Ds is European, but I want to buy the US games(for obvious reasons, the game only launches in Europe 5 days later), will I be able to play it or will I get some sort of region lock problems?

All 3DS hardware and software is firmly region-locked. Your options are import a North American 3DS and game at an exorbitant price, or simply wait the five days.

As BCVM22 says, You've either have to import the console or wait for the release. I recently Ordered something from the US to the UK, unless you're going to pay a really high cost it's going to take most of the week to get to you. If you took this route, I'd personally recommended several US eShop cards and download it first thing in the morning, due to time zones.

Most Retail Game Stores get their copies of their games a few days before release, sometimes staff can get a early copy. (It's totally up to store rules and managers discretion. I got several X/Y Streetpasses a few days before the official release date.

Personally, I'm going to Put money on my 3DS and download the Sun at Midnight. I'll be grabbing a Physical copy of Moon the next day.

Hello all, my Nintendo 3Ds is European, but I want to buy the US games(for obvious reasons, the game only launches in Europe 5 days later), will I be able to play it or will I get some sort of region lock problems?

Alternatively, you could import the game from Australia, which you should have no problems playing due to both EU and Australia being part of PAL.
However I have no idea how Australian shipping works and if there is anything to gain from doing so.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
What's the restriction upon special ribbon equipped pokes? Could they be traded over the GTS legally?

Some of the Special Ribbons will prevent the Pokémon being traded via GTS or Wonder trade. (Or it could be that Pokemon with the Special Ribbons legitimately also have the GTS Trade Prevention Flag.)

Captainrex717

Catcher of 'Mons
I have a question. (My apologies if this is not the proper place for this question, I am fairly new.) On my copy of Alpha Sapphire, when i look at feebas in the pokedex, it's shiny. I do NOT remember finding a shiny feebas, and if I did, i wouldn't have just glossed over it. I know a great deal about pokemon and I would consider myself some sort of an expert, since I have played every game multiple times, but this confuses me. Thank you to any that answer.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I have a question, is there a reason Nurse Joy has the name "Joy", or she only called that because it's the name she was born with?

In the episode Drifloon on the Wind we see two young Nurse Joys named Marnie and Paige. It is actually their last name that is Joy. So Joy is a family name.

Akashin

I have a question. (My apologies if this is not the proper place for this question, I am fairly new.) On my copy of Alpha Sapphire, when i look at feebas in the pokedex, it's shiny. I do NOT remember finding a shiny feebas, and if I did, i wouldn't have just glossed over it. I know a great deal about pokemon and I would consider myself some sort of an expert, since I have played every game multiple times, but this confuses me. Thank you to any that answer.

What's the question, though? If a shiny Feebas is in there, you have to have seen it somehow.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Some of the Special Ribbons will prevent the Pokémon being traded via GTS or Wonder trade. (Or it could be that Pokemon with the Special Ribbons legitimately also have the GTS Trade Prevention Flag.)

Is there any list of those ribbons? And what is that flag? I've never heard nor seen it before

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there any list of those ribbons? And what is that flag? I've never heard nor seen it before

Flags are hidden, actually it's a Fan term related to Pokémon data structure, most flags have noticeable effects, such as Gender or Shiny. I used to hang around the Hack Check threads. I'm not 100% sure that there is a GTS trade prevention flag, sorry.

In Gen 6, The Ribbons I Know that Prevent trade via GTS and Wonder trade are: Classic Ribbon, Premier Ribbon, and Birthday Ribbon.

The one of the first two, Classic or Premier will be on most Event Pokémon since Diamond and Pearl. The Birthday Ribbon is hard to find as it's only available in Japan, and required you to visit one of the Pokémon Centre Stores on or near your birthday.

Ascended Dialga

Suppose you had an Eevee that knows a Fairy type move and has at least two Affection hearts. Furthermore, it's at maximum friendship and it happens to be daytime. If you level-up this Eevee (assuming that you are not near an Ice Rock or a Mossy Rock), does it evolve into Sylveon or Espeon?

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
Suppose you had an Eevee that knows a Fairy type move and has at least two Affection hearts. Furthermore, it's at maximum friendship and it happens to be daytime. If you level-up this Eevee (assuming that you are not near an Ice Rock or a Mossy Rock), does it evolve into Sylveon or Espeon?

Sylveon will take precedence over Espeon in this case. The factors that are checked are, in order, Ice/Moss Rocks, Affection and a Fairy Move, then finally Friendship and Day/Night.

Cradily17

How come GameFreak has stopped creating "mean" rivals after Silver in Gen 2?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How come GameFreak has stopped creating "mean" rivals after Silver in Gen 2?

There's probably no exact answer, at least one that I know of, but it is worth noting that each game's rivals have their own reason for acting as they do. Ruby and Sapphire's reason for not having a "mean" rival stems from the fact that they used the opposite gender as the rival, and didn't want a playable character to act like a jerk. Diamond and Pearl was the first time we saw a childhood friend as a rival, so that was a new approach. Black and White wanted to give us a group of childhood friends, while X and Y wanted to take the group of friends aspect to a new level by giving your four of them.

Ascended Dialga

Question: Does skill swap work on Shedinja or not? Is it possible to switch it's ability?

No, it doesn't work. Wonder Guard, Multitype, Illusion, Zen Mode, and Stance Change are the abilities that cannot be Skill Swapped.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How does infernape learn nasty plot?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector