• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
Are there pokemon that can attract shinies better?

I heard starmies illuminate works along with magnetons magnet pull. Are there any more? Do those actually work or do people just get lucky while using them?

I already have the shiny charm but i still hardly get shinies so i was just wondering if theres anything else i can do

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant

I heard starmies illuminate works along with magnetons magnet pull. Are there any more? Do those actually work or do people just get lucky while using them?

I already have the shiny charm but i still hardly get shinies so i was just wondering if theres anything else i can do

Illuminate will only increase the chance of encountering Pokemon and not just shiny. But, more Pokemon means more chance of it being shiny. So, there are no Pokemon that can attract shiny Pokemon.

Having shiny charm, you can use a non-native ditto to MM hatch shiny Pokemon or hordes. I've heard chain fishing has the highest chance of getting you a shiny Pokemon.

LLR

Vivillon Trader

As far as I know there are no Pokémon that attract shinies.

The ability Static attracts Electric Pokémon.
The ability Magnet Pull attracts Steel.

Synchronize will increase the chance of another Pokémon of the same nature.
Suction Cups makes it easier to catch fish.

Shinies SEEM to be more frequent in hordes and friend safaris.
There is an increased rate with chain fishing.

In ORAS Poké Radar increases the chances.

Static ally the highest likely hood of getting a shiny is with the Masuda Method of breeding. One parent has a different language tag from the other.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Is it explained anywhere that ALL fire pokemon can control their fire in terms of burning things and setting things on fire? Like would a charmander walk around a house and burn it down by accident or would he control this?

BCVM22

It's not explained anywhere, no, but for the sake of... not burning things down unnecessarily, I guess? it's quietly assumed that they can all control it.

Unless you get a Fire-type that can't control it until he/she goes on a journey of discovery and gains the confidence to do so, and if that's not an anime plot they've used at least once across the thousand-plus episodes, I'd be shocked.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I have a super size gourgeist, if I breed it with ditto will all the offspring be super size or will they be mixed size?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Pokemon Ranger: GS Deoxys is known to be a repeatable event to any 4th generation game owned, but can you send it to the same game card if you started the game over in a similar manner to Colo Bonus Disc. Jirachi?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is there anything distinct to differentiate the different size pumpkaboo's?

Help me with my trainer account?

So i made a pokemon trainer account just now so i can enter competitions.

I may have grown up with pokemon but i havent ever had wifi when i was younger so i never did online competitions until now of course.

I need some help on what to do next. Like exactly what to click on and what to go to after that. Im trying to get into the johto competition.

Im on mobile as well just so you know and it wont let me go to the desktop version and my laptop is in the shop.

Thanks for any information.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Is there anything distinct to differentiate the different size pumpkaboo's?
The Super Size Pumpkaboo has a slightly different cry compared to the other sizes, there is no differences otherwise aside from the sizes of their models.

If I was to use Trick Room and then followed up with Gyro Ball with a Steelix, would Gyro Ball's power be lowered due to Trick Room making Steelix move faster?

KillerDraco

If I was to use Trick Room and then followed up with Gyro Ball with a Steelix, would Gyro Ball's power be lowered due to Trick Room making Steelix move faster?

No. Gyro Ball's damage is calculated using the actual speed stat, which is unaffected by Trick Room; rather, Trick Room just reverses attacking order so that the slower Pokemon attacks first. So a Gyro Ball in Trick Room would do the same damage as a Gyro Ball outside of Trick Room.

No. Gyro Ball's damage is calculated using the actual speed stat, which is unaffected by Trick Room; rather, Trick Room just reverses attacking order so that the slower Pokemon attacks first. So a Gyro Ball in Trick Room would do the same damage as a Gyro Ball outside of Trick Room.

Thank you.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So i made a pokemon trainer account just now so i can enter competitions.

I may have grown up with pokemon but i havent ever had wifi when i was younger so i never did online competitions until now of course.

I need some help on what to do next. Like exactly what to click on and what to go to after that. Im trying to get into the johto competition.

Im on mobile as well just so you know and it wont let me go to the desktop version and my laptop is in the shop.

Thanks for any information.
First, The Johto Classic is for ORAS only. If you only have X or Y, you won't be able to enter.

Given your previous posts, I think you only have X or Y. You can tie one X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Game to a PGL account.

But I'll do what you asked. These Images has been edited to hide Personal information.

Once logged in to your ORAS game, hit the Online Competitions http://imgur.com/H4c5gRh

Next Click on the banner.. http://imgur.com/H4c5gRh

Then it's a matter of following the correct links and ticking the boxes. However as I'm not entering I'm not willing to go though it all as I'm not wanting to sing up, my guide ends here.

phanpycross

God-king
Is Elevtric Terrain counted as a weather; IE if Electric Terrain is in play, cpuld Rain Dance be cast without ET being Cancelled out?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I got around EV training a few of my Pokemon. They were all randomly trained and I decided to wipe the EVs using Reset bag, Now, the question is, do I need to find new reset bag for every Pokemon or does the old one become usable after a while?

Each time you use a reset bag on pokemon you have to then acquire another bag if you wish to use its effects again.