• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Why does the rating on Sun and Moon still say Rating Pending when we all know it's going to be rated E? At this point it should be rule of thumb that all main series Pokémon games are E rated so they should've rated it already.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why does the rating on Sun and Moon still say Rating Pending when we all know it's going to be rated E? At this point it should be rule of thumb that all main series Pokémon games are E rated so they should've rated it already.

Because the ESRB has yet to rate it, and it is illegal to advertise a rating without it being first given by the ESRB. It doesn't matter if the series has always been E rated, the ESRB doesn't know for sure until they check it for themselves.

BCVM22

Because the ESRB doesn't operate on "rule of thumb." Much as the MPAA can't rate a movie before they've seen a near-finished cut, you can't very well expect a video game ratings board to stamp a rating on a game that hasn't been submitted to them, can you?

Being a ratings board specifically means you assume nothing, no matter how foregone the conclusion. Otherwise what's the point? The publishers and developers can just say "eh you trust us" and rate their own games.

xdannix

Hi all, hoping someone can help me. I am new to breeding and have been looking online but still a little confused. I dropped off my ditto and wartortle at the daycare but the man said they do not like each other very much. I have looked online but from what I can see, they should be able to produce an egg? Is it because my wartortle is male? Any help would be much appreciated..

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Hi all, hoping someone can help me. I am new to breeding and have been looking online but still a little confused. I dropped off my ditto and wartortle at the daycare but the man said they do not like each other very much. I have looked online but from what I can see, they should be able to produce an egg? Is it because my wartortle is male? Any help would be much appreciated..
Did the Day care man say they preferred to play with other Pokémon?
Then you won't get an egg.

If not you'll get an egg but it may take you more steps....

xdannix

Did the Day care man say they preferred to play with other Pokémon?
Then you won't get an egg.

If not you'll get an egg but it may take you more steps....

Yes he said they do not get on! I have managed to get the egg now :) thank you for your help!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

While we can guess that it's going to get a E rating, but Date for the game has to be Completed/Gold is September or October this year, for the Mid November release date. A lot content that could be rated may change between now and the Release date. Also They don't want to pay for the Fee to Twice, once to rate it for the trailer and once for the completed game.

It's commonly done in the business to get the game rated a short time before release. Look at the Game trailer coming out at E3, almost all of them will have RP or don't show a ESRB rating at all.

With a Rating Pending rating, it's a good way to prevent legal action for a M rated game was E rated game due to a Early trailer. (There is a game that Nintendo/Rare was initially planned to be E rated, but got as close you can get to AO as you can get back then. As this is Child friendly forum, I will refuse to link to Conker's Bad Fur Day, due to the Pile of Opera Singing Excrement.... )

Anyway, If you look at early trailers of Pokémon Black and White or X and Y, you'll see areas that have been changed since the trailer.. http://www.serebii.net/xy/pics.shtml

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Did the 2nd chance Mew event for europe literally only last 1 day?

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I have a question about the Mythical Pokémon TCG boxes. I'm looking for the Manaphy one. I have 2 Targets, 2 Gamestops, and a Toys R Us where I live yet I could not find it. At Toys R Us I could find the Figure and Plush but no TCG Box. Every store where I live has Mew and Darkrai but none of the others. So is online my best bet for finding it?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Has Shaymin ever been given a shiny event?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
#1 Whats the benefit of having contrary ability for serperior exactly? What kinda moves does serperior need to have in order to fully take advantage of that ability? Is contrary better than overgrow?

#2 From this full list of mythical pokemon, are the following the only events that can be obtained shiny legitimately so far:
-mew
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Darkrai
-Manaphy
-SHaymin
-Arceus
-Genesect
-Diancie
?
So there is no way to obtain shiny versions of celebi, victini, keldeo, moloetta, hoopa and volcanion legitimately until now?

#3 Which of the many mew events that is/are not shiny locked?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
#1 Whats the benefit of having contrary ability for serperior exactly? What kinda moves does serperior need to have in order to fully take advantage of that ability? Is contrary better than overgrow?

#2 From this full list of mythical pokemon, are the following the only events that can be obtained shiny legitimately so far:
-mew
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Darkrai
-Manaphy
-SHaymin
-Arceus
-Genesect
-Diancie
?
So there is no way to obtain shiny versions of celebi, victini, keldeo, moloetta, hoopa and volcanion legitimately until now?

#3 Which of the many mew events that is/are not shiny locked?

1. Contrary reverses the effects of stat changes (increase becomes decrease, decrease becomes increase). It is most notable with Leaf Storm granting Serperior an auto +2 Special Attack boost with Contrary, it is save to say that Contrary completely outclasses Overgrow.

2. It seems for now the Pokémon you mentioned cannot be shiny.

3. The only Mew which can be shiny is the one caught from a Japanese only event in Emerald involving the Old Sea Map. Said Mew must also originate from Hoenn and be Japanese to be considered legal.

Last edited:

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
1. Contrary reverses the effects of stat changes (increase becomes decrease, decrease becomes increase). It is most notable with Leaf Storm granting Serperior an auto +2 Special Attack boost with Contrary which is pretty much the main reason to use Serperior.

2. It seems for now the Pokémon you mentioned cannot be shiny.

3. The only Mew which can be shiny is the one caught from a Japanese only event in Emerald involving the Old Sea Map. Said Mew must also originate from Hoenn and be Japanese to be considered legal.

thanks.

#3. Oh, which event exactly? the pokefesta one?

PsychoKing47

How do you obtain levels 2 and 3 of the O-Powers, particularly Hatching Power (as that's the only one I actually use)?

KillerDraco

How do you obtain levels 2 and 3 of the O-Powers, particularly Hatching Power (as that's the only one I actually use)?

Use the O-Power. Using level 1 15 times unlocks level 2, and using level 2 30 times unlocks level 3.