• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I have a question, is there any information about Roxanne's father in any of the official Pokémon products? I doubt there is, I'm just making sure.

There is no official Information, at all. There is no information about her Family at all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I do have another question. In the Soul Silver I bought, the berry trees in the berry pots were still around, even though this game has been abandoned for more than enough time. What's going on with that?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I do have another question. In the Soul Silver I bought, the berry trees in the berry pots were still around, even though this game has been abandoned for more than enough time. What's going on with that?

Is this game recently put in your DS/3DS? If this is the case, the berries Reset themselves due to you Putting the game in to a new DS/resetting the clock.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Is this game recently put in your DS/3DS? If this is the case, the berries Reset themselves due to you Putting the game in to a new DS/resetting the clock.
That was something I thought about, but I believe I figured it out.

When the Berry Pots were checked, the basic berries were fully grown to have berries, while the Shuca was in bloom.

Thank you.

Somehow didn't see this thread? Lol. There's so many subforums here.

Anyhow! I'm curious about where to find various percentages of the critical chance of pokemon moves. Before anyone posts this link /games/criticalhits.shtml I've been there already - it actually doesn't tell me what I'm looking for. Someone said "Move X has a crit chance of 12.5%" and I'm looking all over the internet still wondering "okay, where the heck did they get that information?" I looked on the moves that are listed here on serebii, and those don't even have a "crit chance" label.

For Bullet Punch, for example - I see attack name, battle type, category, PP, Power, Accuracy, Effect, Secondary Effect, Super Contests, Effect, TM#, Speed Priority, etc. but there's no "crit ratio" label anywhere. So I'm going to ask clearly (reiterating because multiple people keep linking me to the same page)...

Where can I find information on the crit-ratios of various pokemon attacks?

KillerDraco

Somehow didn't see this thread? Lol. There's so many subforums here.

Anyhow! I'm curious about where to find various percentages of the critical chance of pokemon moves. Before anyone posts this link /games/criticalhits.shtml I've been there already - it actually doesn't tell me what I'm looking for. Someone said "Move X has a crit chance of 12.5%" and I'm looking all over the internet still wondering "okay, where the heck did they get that information?" I looked on the moves that are listed here on serebii, and those don't even have a "crit chance" label.

For Bullet Punch, for example - I see attack name, battle type, category, PP, Power, Accuracy, Effect, Secondary Effect, Super Contests, Effect, TM#, Speed Priority, etc. but there's no "crit ratio" label anywhere. So I'm going to ask clearly (reiterating because multiple people keep linking me to the same page)...

Where can I find information on the crit-ratios of various pokemon attacks?

That link did explain it. I don't think you read it all the way through, or just misunderstood what it said.

There are five stages of which the Critical Hit percentage is calculated. All moves are on Stage 1 apart from a handful on Stage 2.

Stage 1 is 6.25%. So virtually all moves have a 6.25% chance to crit. If a move's flavor text mentions it has a "high critical hit ratio" (Stone Edge, Leaf Blade, etc., the list is on that page as well), then it has a 12.5% chance of scoring a critical hit, since high critical hit ratio equates to having Stage 2 rather than Stage 1. So unless a move specifically mentions having a higher critical hit ratio, or if a Pokemon is acted upon by an item or Focus Energy, then its critical hit ratio is 6.25%. Hence why there's no reason to individually list every move's critical hit ratio.

That link did explain it. I don't think you read it all the way through, or just misunderstood what it said.

Stage 1 is 6.25%. So virtually all moves have a 6.25% chance to crit. If a move's flavor text mentions it has a "high critical hit ratio" (Stone Edge, Leaf Blade, etc., the list is on that page as well), then it has a 12.5% chance of scoring a critical hit, since high critical hit ratio equates to having Stage 2 rather than Stage 1. So unless a move specifically mentions having a higher critical hit ratio, or if a Pokemon is acted upon by an item or Focus Energy, then its critical hit ratio is 6.25%. Hence why there's no reason to individually list every move's critical hit ratio.

Oh, thanks! That was really annoying me. On the other note, it seems I did miss it. I read the whole thing, but somehow skipped over that. Guess I don't do too well with small text.

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
How can I get the serial code for Cynthia's garchomp? I participated in the sinnoh classic.

edit
I did participate but why am I not in the ranking? is the gift is for all participants right?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Isn't CoroCoro supposed to leak earlier this month for some reason involving the magazine's release date (or something)? If so, what's the expected timeframe for the leak?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
There's 135 pokes available in a moon ball. What's the figure for dream balls? I want to say 238 but want to double check.

(Not including legendaries)

Dimo11

hi everyone
i was wondering if you could rate my team
Ninjask: speed boost
leftovers
X-scissor
baton pass
protect
substitute

Sylveon : pixilate
choice specs
hyper voice
psyshock
shadow ball
hidden power- fire

electivire: motor drive
life orb
wild charge
cross chop
ice punch
earthquake

snorlax: thick fat
choice scarf
retalliate
earthquake
facade
rest

porygon 2:analytic
eviolite
tri attack
recover
toxic
ice beam

venusaur-mega: thick fat
venusaurite
synthesis
energy ball
sludge bomb
leech seed

feedback would be appreciated, i built this team recently and i havent lost with it yet so i think its not too bad :)
thanks

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello~ ^^
I have a question about Poke bank. Is it possible to use a Pokemon game on two different Poke banks?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello~ ^^
I have a question about Poke bank. Is it possible to use a Pokemon game on two different Poke banks?

Depends: Pokémon Bank accounts are tied to the 3DS/2DS that has it installed. If you own a Physical Pokémon game card you can use multiple 3DSes and use the same card in multiple Pokémon Bank. If your copy of the Pokémon game was Digital, then you must use that 3DS's Bank account. Actually my X card has been used in both my 3DS and 2ds accounts.

For Pokémon Bank RS on the Gamecube: Since your Pokémon is stored on a Memory card, I don't see why not.. And as for Multiple Memory cards, I've done it many times, although you only get the Prizes one per GBA game save.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
What is the best characteristics for an attack and special attack stats? What would give it the most points/stats? Can a pokemon have those particular characteristic and a nature that is opposite (for example Brave nature with Mischievous)?

KillerDraco

What is the best characteristics for an attack and special attack stats?

If their IVs in those stats are 31, then the characteristics would be:

Attack: Likes to thrash about
Special Attack: Mischievous

What would give it the most points/stats?

Characteristics are tied to IVs. The following characteristics can (but not always) have a 31 IV tied to them: Takes plenty of siestas (HP), Likes to thrash about (Attack), Capable of taking hits (Defense), Mischievous (Special Attack), Somewhat vain (Special Defense), Alert to sounds (Speed). However, an IV value of 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, or 31 can produce any of those characteristics. So having Mischievous could mean it has an IV of 31, but it could also imply an IV of 1 in that stat.

Can a pokemon have those particular characteristic and a nature that is opposite (for example Brave nature with Mischievous)?

Given characteristics are tied to IVs, then yes, they can. You can have a 31 Special Attack IV and a Brave Nature.

Don't give characteristics too much regard. Their only purpose beyond flavor text is being a variable in the IV calculators. You breed/catch with IVs in mind and characteristics are an afterthought of this.

Why does it seem that Extrasensory sucks? Even with a power of 80, on a psychic pokemon such as Lugia, where it should get STAB, it doesn't seem to do that much damage, comparably, to Psychic, which isn't that much stronger by base power alone.

KillerDraco

What are the natures and what are the benefits? And what do you prefer?

Natures raise one stat by 10% and lower another by 10%, aside from the "neutral" natures which do not affect stats.

See here for details.

Which nature you use depends on the Pokemon in question. Often times Pokemon can make use of several different natures based on their stats/movepools.