• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Smokin' weedle

So i was trying me escavalier out a bit in the battle chateau, and i get a battle with diantha, but when i get to her gourgeist, my x-scissor outspeeds trick-or-treat. I have no ev training in speed, and a brave nature. Is gourgeist that slow? (Escavalier was level 75)

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
What's powersaves date?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So i was trying me escavalier out a bit in the battle chateau, and i get a battle with diantha, but when i get to her gourgeist, my x-scissor outspeeds trick-or-treat. I have no ev training in speed, and a brave nature. Is gourgeist that slow? (Escavalier was level 75)

Looking at the stats... Any form of Gourgeist should outspeed an Escavalier.. Assuming they where similar levels and didn't have any speed boost/reductions. Gourgest's slowest form Super has 41 Base speed, while Escavalier has base speed of 20. It's slow.. but when compared to Escavalier, it's fast.

Diantha's Pokemon are level 60 or higher depending on the writs you issued.

So.. Let's so some Math.. Using a Pokémon Stat Calculator, giving a brave Escavalier the best chance to outspeed an Gourgest with full EVs and IVs in Speed. Escavalier's Speed would be 95.. While giving a Level 60 Gourgiest the worst possible speed, (IV/EV=0) you'd get 62..

So looking at these numbers, I think level difference could have made the difference. Also I should point out this is before I take in to account of Speed modifiers that could boost/slow the speed stat. I don't know if Paralysis was in effect or you managed to get off a Speed boost.

Finally if Trick Room was in effect, the Slowest Pokémon would go first, which could be another thing to consider..

What's powersaves date?

I'd be careful about asking this around here.. The ActionReplay PowerSaves support discussion is banned on all on of Serebii forums: Rule 1 http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?397567-Serebii-Forums-Rules

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Let's say that you got a Pokemon in Platinum, and you raised its contest stats to the max.

What would happen if you transferred it to Pokemon Soul Silver and get a haircut/massage?

Would the Pokemon raise its happiness without any raise in the Beauty stat?

Exiledslayer

Question regarding US Pokemon pearl

I recently bought a copy of pearl from the us. Unlike my Australian diamond copy. The back is not holographic. Can someone with an us pearl confirm that this is the same for them. Thanks

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I know that you can get gen 4 starters in a dream ball legitamely but can they be female? Gens 1&3 starters were released as male only dream balls so I was wondering if this was the same for gen 4 starters?

MrHoopa

Hoopa is OP
Best Eevee evo?

I am making a new team, and I want one of eevee evo on it. Which is best? I generally run special attack heavy pokemon, and speed is important as well. But I am also looking for one that can set up (spikes, leach sead, etc). PS this is alpha sapphire.:meowthbal:

Tangeh

Is this for a competitive team? You might like the typical dual-screen espeon based on your preferences. The one I used as a lead had magic bounce ability and attacks were light screen, reflect, psychic, and baton pass (only because I was paranoid of pursuit - you could run dazzling gleam or shadow ball instead for coverage). Timid nature with speed and special attack investments. Held item would be light clay.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
What Pokemon is called in Taiwan

I'm Taiwanese, but I've been away from my country for years and came back this year. I found out that the series is no longer called "神奇寶貝 (Shen-Chi-Bao-Bay," which literally means something like "Amazing Babies," here anymore, but rather, "寶可夢 (Bao-Kuh-Mong)," which is the transliteration for Pokemon.

Has there been an official change or what?

Anyone familiar with the Chinese localization of the series, please keep me up-to-date.

Thanks in advance!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm Taiwanese, but I've been away from my country for years and came back this year. I found out that the series is no longer called "神奇寶貝 (Shen-Chi-Bao-Bay," which literally means something like "Amazing Babies," here anymore, but rather, "寶可夢 (Bao-Kuh-Mong)," which is the transliteration for Pokemon.

Has there been an official change or what?

Anyone familiar with the Chinese localization of the series, please keep me up-to-date.

Thanks in advance!

I posted this to your VM as well, but I will copy/paste from that.

This may help you.

source said:
Prior to Sun and Moon, Pokémon was officially translated as 神奇寶貝 in Taiwan and 寵物小精靈 (commonly abbreviated as 小精靈) in Hong Kong. According to the opening text and narrations in the Taiwanese dub, the term 神奇寶貝 is a contraction of the phrase 「神奇的口袋中的寶貝」 ("the magical creatures in the pocket"). Nintendo had previously used both translations on its official website prior to X and Y. The Pokémon.com page for Hong Kong used the former Hong Kong name in early 2016, while the Japanese Pokémon Center website used the former Taiwanese name in its FAQ page before 2014 and the Chinese-langauge Pokémon Store page continues to use it.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
While searching for mons via the dex nav and levelling up in the radar search, does it increase the chances to hunt a shiny mon?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
While searching for mons via the dex nav and levelling up in the radar search, does it increase the chances to hunt a shiny mon?
From what I heard, any Pokemon found from the radar have an increased probability of being shiny. I also heard that you don't chain them necessarily, so the chances are fixed, but I could be wrong on that.

One shiny I got from a radar was a shiny Cubchoo when I got the search radar Lv. 2.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
thx.
assuming that most hatchling mons have 11 hp at lev 1, is there any minimum number of possible ivs that can be indicated in a first guess if they have 12 hp at lev 1?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
thx.
assuming that most hatchling mons have 11 hp at lev 1, is there any minimum number of possible ivs that can be indicated in a first guess if they have 12 hp at lev 1?
The higher the level, the more distinguishable the IV is due to the larger range of the total stat.

To put it simply, you won't see HP wildly swing from 1 to 32 at Lv. 1. At level 100, you very well may be able to eliminate the possible values.

I should also mention that sometimes, a stat of say, 11 HP like you mentioned, could have a vaule 0-30 and the 12 HP would be 31.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
yeah, i know
i'm asking this to save the bother of levelling up and waiting for this specific stat to raise [regarding this stat only. i know that the others are much harder to indicate in such a low level]

however, i do know that it's not a guaranteed 31 cos i encountered at least one exception for this, today and in the past.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
yeah, i know
i'm asking this to save the bother of levelling up and waiting for this specific stat to raise [regarding this stat only. i know that the others are much harder to indicate in such a low level]

however, i do know that it's not a guaranteed 31 cos i encountered at least one exception for this, today and in the past.
Unless you have a stat judge (i.e. the "potential" guy in the Pokemon center in Kiloude city), or you deduct it by having an HP characteristic an seeing what the second highest IV is, then you don't have a good way of telling.

I think it may work if you go into a battle institute where the Pokemon are all relevelled as 50.

If you can do none of that, then it would be impossible to really know. Lv. 1 Abra, for example, always has an HP of 11.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
that's why i said that most mons are this way. i'm looking for a shortcut in this-
i'm trying to avoid going to either a battle facility or the iv's guy [when the characteristic sentence doesn't hint on this either]

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I honestly don't know another way.

You potentially level it up somewhere without saving the game. Beat the Elite 4, but don't fight the champion. It may help if you have a way to reset EVs. Gen VI has a few methods, but any earlier, and you might have to rely on berry lowering IVs (the antivitamins).

You could also level up in a place with a common encounter. For example, you can Surf and beat Tentacool and Tentacruel, and then use Grepa berries until you clear the EVs.

Otherwise, I don't know an easy way to do it, unless there is some person who shows your Pokemon with different stats. I don't think there is one, though.

Tell me what Pokemon it is, and I can show you its range with associated IVs.