• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Akashin

K thanks, everyone was talking about OP it was. I even heard that it's attack is 2 notches down from Mewto.

Purely statistically speaking, that isn't wrong. Ash Greninja gets +50 Attack and Special Attack (to 145 and 153 respectively, compared to Mewtwo's 110 and 154), and its Speed gets bumped from 122 to 132, just narrowly beating Mewtwo's 130. But that's just in terms of base stats; the locked neutral Nature and preset IVs don't help, though it does have a perfect 31 in those three stats.

Purely statistically speaking, that isn't wrong. Ash Greninja gets +50 Attack and Special Attack (to 145 and 153 respectively, compared to Mewtwo's 110 and 154), and its Speed gets bumped from 122 to 132, just narrowly beating Mewtwo's 130. But that's just in terms of base stats; the locked neutral Nature and preset IVs don't help, though it does have a perfect 31 in those three stats.

Ohh okay, so its the base stats...

So I wanna ask again, where would Ash-Greninja stand if it wasn't IV or Nature locked?

KillerDraco

Ohh okay, so its the base stats...

So I wanna ask again, where would Ash-Greninja stand if it wasn't IV or Nature locked?

I mean it's difficult to say since theory and practice are two totally different things. However, without Protean, it's still effectively a worse Greninja in base form since it misses out on STAB on all its coverage moves, which does provide a pretty substantial boost in power (50% more damage on everything). And the fact that it needs to KO something to transform means it's not exactly a reliable transformation. It could be used more as a late-game cleaner than a pure wallbreaker (which Protean would be better for), since it could clean house when everything is sufficiently weakened. But in the end, who knows for certain.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It deals with a hough 4 billion-ish number called the personality value. This value also determines shiny Pokemon with the Trainer and secret ID.
In gen III, it was also responsible for determinate natures.

-
To clarify my question, I'm asking from the programming aspect of the games. I don't play to cheat the games or anything like that, but data such as that makes me curious.

I doubt the personality values could express all four billion with GBA graphics, even magnifying the pixels

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Akashin

Forgive what might be an obvious question (I've been doing my damned best to avoid the opened floodgates, so this is the first I'm hearing of this), but how does that work then? Does its Hardy Nature get reset to a random Nature when it's sent over?

And while I assume you'd have said something if this were the case, are the IVs altered as well in the transfer? Or are those truly set in stone?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Forgive what might be an obvious question (I've been doing my damned best to avoid the opened floodgates, so this is the first I'm hearing of this), but how does that work then? Does its Hardy Nature get reset to a random Nature when it's sent over?

It's a Mystery Gift, so you can SR.

And while I assume you'd have said something if this were the case, are the IVs altered as well in the transfer? Or are those truly set in stone?

I'm not sure about IVs, but Hyper Training exists, so it's kind of a moot point outside of Hidden Powers.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not sure about IVs, but Hyper Training exists, so it's kind of a moot point outside of Hidden Powers.
I hope the IVs do remain the same. They were already good enough with the 31 IVs being on the important stats. The Hyper Training could fix the other 3.

If I may ask a non-spoiler question on Sun and Moon, are Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions mutually exclusive, or can you have both?

Also, if anybody knows the programming origin codes for the following Pokemon games:

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Heart Gold
Soul Silver
Black (1)
White (1)
Black 2
White 2

Please let me know.

I hope the IVs do remain the same. They were already good enough with the 31 IVs being on the important stats. The Hyper Training could fix the other 3.

If I may ask a non-spoiler question on Sun and Moon, are Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions mutually exclusive, or can you have both?

Also, if anybody knows the programming origin codes for the following Pokemon games:

Diamond
Pearl
Platinum
Heart Gold
Soul Silver
Black (1)
White (1)
Black 2
White 2

Please let me know.

I would imagine no, that you can't have both Mega evo and Z move cause that'd make a Pokemon to OP

But who knows? xD I would like to know this as well

KillerDraco

Both require different hold items. I.e., you can't have both.

Although it remains to be seen if Mega Rayquaza remains the exception.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Both require different hold items. I.e., you can't have both.

Although it remains to be seen if Mega Rayquaza remains the exception.
I should clarify, I meant on your team of 6. Can one have a Mega Stone and another have a Z move?

Also, I think I heard that Mega Rayquaza cannot have a Z-Crystal.

Fairy Types

So are fairy types like based on the concept of mythical creatures? Is that why they can slay monsters (dragon and dark) and die to "science" (poison and steel)?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Fairy tales usually deal with battles against evil or defeating dragons. Steel is because fairies were driven away by iron.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So are fairy types like based on the concept of mythical creatures? Is that why they can slay monsters (dragon and dark) and die to "science" (poison and steel)?
You can think of poison being pollution and steel the element put into weapons.

I guess this would be another Miyazaki film.

Vejeta

Hi, I am new here and am new to Pokémon.

I have a question about Breeding.

What I need to know is which Pokémon are only obtainable via breeding in XY/ORAS.

For example I think that Patrat can only be obtained in these games by breeding.

A complete list would be brilliant.

I am not interested in trading.

Thanks.

AmethystLeslie

XY:

Munchlax (w/ Full Incense)
Diglett
Wooper (outside of Friend Safari)
Gastly
Ekans
Poochyena
Patrat
Lotad
Buizel
Magnemite
Voltorb
Smoochum
Timburr
Sanshrew
Aron
Larvitar
Spinarak
Spearow
Hoothoot
Igglybuff
Shuppet
Zorua
Gothita
Bonsly (w/ Rock Insense)
Teddiursa
Deino (Evolve to get Zwelious for the dex)

ORAS:
Azurill (w/ Sea Insense)
Igglybuff
Chingling
Pichu
Wynaut (hatch egg you obtain in Lavaridge Town)
Togepi (hatch egg you obtain in Lavaridge Town after obtaining the National Pokedex)
Natu
Phanpy
Venonat
Blitzle
Darumaka
Meowth
Pineco
Kricketot
Cherubi
Roggenrola
Drilbur
Yamask
Shinx
Cleffa
Drowzee
Weedle
Pidgey
Spinarak

Note that trading may be required to even obtain some of these pokemon. For XY, I wasn't sure to include Starly since it's a rare horde encounter on Route 11, but Staravia is a pretty common encounter, so it may be easier to breed that.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Is there something new in Generation VII where a Pokemon will not learn a move at a level it evolves in?

My Kadabra gained Kinesis instead.

sgtruy

When doing S.O.S chains for shiny pokemon in sun and moon, does it actually chain?

So does every S.O.S call increases the shiny odds or called allies just have a higher but set chance of being shiny?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How has Pokebank been affected by Gen 7?