1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. NO!

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The movies as a whole aren't, but Movie 1 is - two scenes from the movie are covered from a different perspective in the anime.

The CD dramas are canon to whatever extent they don't contradict anything in the anime, and at this late date, they're unlikely to go back and produce anything taking place in that era that might contradict the CD dramas.

2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

How does one get Hidden Abilities in Sun and Moon?

3. FowTech95

FowTech95 Random Passerby

You SOS Chain a wild Pokemon. One of the ally Pokemon may have a hidden ability as the chain goes.

4. Genesectasaurus

Genesectasaurus New Member

Is there a determined percentage of whether a Pokemon has the hidden ability? Or is it currently unknown?

5. RedJirachi

Do Pichu in Sun and Moon have a chance of holding the Light Ball, and if so what chance?

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

7. poulori

poulori New Member

Hello,

Do we have news about the ETA of the Pokebank compatibility with sun/moon ?
    All articles that I can find talk about "January 2017" which is vague, are we talking Jan 1 or Jan 30 ?

I can't find fresh news on this, only the old articles posted everywhere when sun/moon pokebank operation process got described.

Thanks

8. AmethystLeslie

AmethystLeslie Well-Known Member

We haven't heard any news since "It's coming in January."

Maybe by the new year we'll hear more.

9. Forbidden Snowflake

Forbidden Snowflake take it out on me

Could the three genies be captured in a db and not have their ha? I got one in its therian and i want to save myself the bother of switching its form

10. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle.shtml

Defeated Pokémon - 5+ - 1 IV of 31 Guaranteed
    Defeated Pokémon - 10+ - 5% Chance of Hidden Ability
    Defeated Pokémon - 10+ - 2 IVs of 31 Guaranteed
    Defeated Pokémon - 20+ - 10% Chance of Hidden Ability
    Defeated Pokémon - 20+ - 3 IVs of 31 Guaranteed
    Defeated Pokémon - 30+ - 30% Chance of Hidden Ability
    Defeated Pokémon - 30+ - 4 IVs of 31 Guaranteed
    Defeated Pokémon - 70+ - Shiny Pokémon Chance increased by 3 giving a 1 in 1024 chance without Shiny Charm and 1 in 683 chance with Shiny Charm

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I would not be at all surprised if we get no news, and then on a day in January we're simply told, "Pokémon Bank update available today."

12. imeanvenusaur

imeanvenusaur New Member

Hey guys can anyone tell me what these miscut pokemon topps cards are? One looks like it's a wartortle dunno what the other one is on sandslash?

Anyone know if theyre worth anything?

imgur.com/a/rBRSs

13. zapto369

zapto369 Because I'm Worth It

I have a bunch of those as well. Some of them were promotionals from the 1st movie, others were just collectibles from the first generation. At any rate, the idea never really caught on and, as such, they are hardly worth anything today, no matter the condition. At mint condition, the entire set is worth about $40, with each card being worth about a dollar or two. Buyers are hard to find however since they aren't in demand, so good luck, but there are some listings on EBay that I used as reference.

Edit: further looking through the listings reveal that some are worth $6-7 dollars, so you might get something for the lot. When in doubt check Ebay (just search for Pokémon Topps cards).

14. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

I just bred a Chansey to get a Happiny, and the egg hatched into another Chansey...what is this? Like...how do I get a happiny by breeding then.

And also, baby forms are obviously messed up. Does this mean I can somehow breed a Pikachu and make it so that the egg hatches into a Pikachu instead of a Pichu? Can that be done?

15. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

All of the Baby Pokémon introduced in Gen III (Hoenn) and later require Incense to Breed the Baby Pokémon, the Baby Pokémon introduced in Gen II and Riolu do not need Incense.

Let the parent Chansey/Blissey hold a Luck Incense if you want to Breed a Happiny.

16. AmethystLeslie

AmethystLeslie Well-Known Member

To get a Happiny, the Chansey has to hold a Luck Incense.

And no, a Pikachu cannot hatch another Pikachu, it will only hatch Pichu. It's weird, I know.

Some baby pokemon can only hatch when the mother is holding a specific Incense. A good rule of thumb is that if the baby was introduced in Gens 3 and 4, it MAY need an Incense to obtain (in the case of both Gen 3 babies, Azurill and Wynaut, they both require Incense. Sea and Lax Incense respectively). http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Incense This can help you with who requires what.

On the bright side, this makes getting the baby optional, so you can have the next evo without jumping through hoops to get the baby to evolve. Unless it's a dex thing.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  17. Creyk

Creyk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers! I gave Chansey the luck incense and hatched the Happiny, finally! Those things take a lot of steps but at least now I got it

18. garirry

garirry New Member

So I've been playing Moon and Omega Ruby recently (the latter because I had plenty of legendaries I didn't catch yet) and there's something that keeps bothering me that I would like the answer to.

When does the Dusk Ball REALLY have the 3.5x multiplier? I'm sure most people are aware that it's at night or in a cave, but those are such vague conditions that it's hard to know for sure when exactly are they useful.

First off, in games like Sun and Moon where there's only day and night and no in-between, it's obvious that by night it means, well, at night. But in ORAS and certain other versions there's a morning and an evening. Which ones are covered as 'night'? I assume morning isn't 'night' but is evening 'night'? Because I don't really have a way to tell, and even if I catch a legendary in the evening using a Dusk Ball, it could be just luck. Also, I assume that during the transition periods (eg. between 5:15 PM and 6:00 PM in Moon when it shifts from night to day), it still counts as 'night', right? I used one on a Vanillish at 5:56 PM and while I assume it was still technically night, I did get a critical capture so I'm not sure to be fair.

But my biggest issue is 'at cave'. What counts as a cave and what doesn't? I've seen a Gen 6 catch rate calculator that asks if the Dusk Ball is used at night or in a cave, excluding mirage spots. So do the mirage spots like the Nameless Cavern count as caves or not? It would make sense if they did, but then again you don't know how stuff in Pokémon might work because of how complicated it may be sometimes. Also, are other types of enclosed areas like the Tapu temples considered 'caves' also? It's really not clear.

All information on Bulbapedia/Serebii/whatever all say how it's at night or in a cave, but that's about as much info as they give, and individual information on specific types of Poké Balls is hard to find, as they are all usually condensed into a 'list of all Poké Balls'. Thanks in advance for any answers.

19. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Time-wise, Dusk Balls work from 8PM to 4AM. They also work in the Nameless Cavern.

20. RedJirachi

Why is Gardevoir in the Amorphous/Indeterminate egg group rather than the Humanshape and/or Fairy egg group?