• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

AmethystLeslie

Could Aipom be caught through dex nav oras at lev 40? I just received a shiny one off the gts.

Let's see... Aipom can be found with DexNav in Route 118 and 121 as low as level 22 or 30 respectively.

Special pokemon (as in, only found via DexNav) can increase in levels up to 30 more than normal.

Conclusion: Plausible.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What's the absolute maximum number of points you can get on the Poke Finder?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is the boost of pp'd up moves passable while breeding?

AmethystLeslie

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Could protect be used successfully twice in a row in s/m? to my knowledge, in gen 6 it was impossible.

Yes, Protect used on a second turn. It's got a 33% of working for a second time, like it was in Gen 6. More than not it will fail.

Using Detect counts as using Protect in that turn. You can't Detect, Protect, detect... and block any attacks.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
does detect have higher rates to be used twice in a row?

No it has lower rates the more time you use it in succession. Since protect and detect work on the same timer as Nutter t.K.K already stated detect probably has a 33% chance of activating the 2nd turn and then 0% for each successive time after that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why are the Flabebe and Comfey lines pure Fairy instead of Fairy/Grass? There's probably some logic, I just can't see it

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Why are the Flabebe and Comfey lines pure Fairy instead of Fairy/Grass? There's probably some logic, I just can't see it

The usual argument is that the Pokemon themselves are simply fairies, and have no plant attributes except for what they carry around. I personally don't entirely agree with it, especially in the case of Florges, but it is at least a reason.

AmethystLeslie

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is heavy ball Beldum technically illegal because it has a 0% catch rate if you're using a heavy ball?

AmethystLeslie

Is heavy ball Beldum technically illegal because it has a 0% catch rate if you're using a heavy ball?

Pretty much. The only way it would be legal is that you'd have to catch Beldum's evolutions and pass that on to Beldum eggs. Since the Heavy Ball isn't easily obtainable in most games and catchable Metang/Metagross have happened in a way that you can't legally use Heavy Balls on them, there is no legal way to obtain it.

... Not yet, anyway.

Last edited:

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Pretty much. The only way it would be legal is that you'd have to catch Beldum's evolutions and pass that on to Beldum eggs. Since the Heavy Ball isn't easily obtainable in most games and catchable Metang/Metagross have happened in a way that you can't legally use Heavy Balls on them, there is no legal way to obtain it.

... Not yet, anyway.

I did the math.. while it's not a 0% chance, it's 0.4% or about 1 in 240 throws if Sleeping and at 1HP. (Best chances) It's near impossible to get it one shot, which you'll need, as since you can't farm the ball without playing the game more than once. It's possible, but finding a shiny tonight is easier.

AmethystLeslie

I did the math.. while it's not a 0% chance, it's 0.4% or about 1 in 240 throws if Sleeping and at 1HP. (Best chances) It's near impossible to get it one shot, which you'll need, as since you can't farm the ball without playing the game more than once. It's possible, but finding a shiny tonight is easier.

I'm glad to know that this is still possible.

So I guess that Heavy Ball Beldum I got from Wonder Trade is legal after all.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

So it is legit? Thats great news. Thank you very much