• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters
Which games are we talking about here? The methods for leveling at that stage vary from game to game, and if we're talking about Sun and Moon, than options are pretty slim. The post-game areas of Poni Island are probably your best bet, but it's not exactly a great one.

umm thats why i said it was easy to level them up until 50... because i always go to poni island.... idk what else to do

AmethystLeslie

umm thats why i said it was easy to level them up until 50... because i always go to poni island.... idk what else to do

Rare Kitchen 4-5 stars is your best bet.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
What is the difference between z conversion and normal one?

AmethystLeslie

What is the difference between z conversion and normal one?

Z-Conversion's effect is to raise all the pokemon's stats by 1 stage (except for accuracy and evasion), as well as perform the actual move which is to become the type in the first move out of their moves.

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

Oh alright.
Is there something like showdown for tcg?

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online for PC came to mind. It's not free, but it's actually official. It's also on iPad, i believe, and... i forget where else.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online for PC came to mind. It's not free, but it's actually official. It's also on iPad, i believe, and... i forget where else.

It's Free to play, but you can spend money to get more cards, which is like the real thing. You get some codes in Physical Card Packs. It works on Windows PC, MacOS (Previously called OS X), iOS/iPad and Many Android Tablets. More info here: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
does anyone know how beneficial poison fang and ice fang are on Bruxish? I just bred my awesome IV with proper nature Bruxish but realized i forgot those two egg moves... and I have a carvanha ready to raise and breed with it, but should i? or do you think that using Blizzard/ice beam will be good enough coverage instead of icefang and then just not using poison fang?

Or if anyone has a good tips for bruxish usage that'd be awesome.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me

It's Free to play, but you can spend money to get more cards, which is like the real thing. You get some codes in Physical Card Packs. It works on Windows PC, MacOS (Previously called OS X), iOS/iPad and Many Android Tablets. More info here: http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

I think I played it once. I'll look into it again.
Could only the pokes who have the dexnav sign be found through it?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I read a while back that if you send GBA cartridges like LeafGreen/FireRed/Emerald to Nintendo, that they could download event tickets like the Mystic Ticket into your games. Is there any legitimacy to these rumors?

suple

ORAS vs Sun and Moon- what to buy

Hi!
I'm new to this forum, but I've been consistently using this site for like 2 years now. Previously I was playing gba pokemon hacks or stuff like pokemmo/ pokemon reborn, but now I managed to earn a bit of money and decided to try real original pokemon game for the first time. I've just ordered 3ds and now I've got to pick a game. I was a huge pokemon fan when I was a child (gen 1-3), lost some interest in it and came back 2 years ago. My favourite generation is 3rd and at first I wanted to buy ORAS game but now I'm not so sure. I also wanted to say that I have never played any original pokemon game except gen 1, o I wouldn't care whether ORAS isn't fresh comparing to originals. I know a bit about comptetitive battling but when it comes to this original games mechanics and 3ds generally I'm a complete newbie. Please help me what game should I pick so it would be most beneficial. So, a couple of questions:
1. Probably most important. Is ORAS dead online? I'm talking about battling, trading and stuff like that. I don't want to but AS and then be unable to trade Latias for Latios for example or don't have any online interactions at all.
2. Hidden abilities- I've read that getting them in S&M is much more difficult due to S.O.S system, but these topics were made like half a year ago and I don't know how is it going now. Same for starters hidden abilities. Generally speaking, I found a lot of topics when the game was launched, but now in this year there is very little to see in internet about the game. Is the game stale?
3. I know that sometimes there is a special event organised online(?) where you can get special pokemons like tyranturm with rock head. Obviously, there won't be any for ORAS but there will be for S&M. Does it put ORAS in serious disadvantage?
4. What is better competitive?
5. S&M is still missing a lot of things like for example mega stone for mawile. Will stuff like that be ever obtainable in S&M?
6. Since I've never played any of these games, and this site is for veterans, what would you reccomend me? What has a better feeling, better gameplay, better mechanics and better game after all?
Help me choose my first pokemon game!
PS I know I probably put this topic in wrong place, but I love this site, and I wanted to write it here where people quite know what they are talking about and are competitive instead on some random forum where they would told me go for oras it haz Blaziken LOL

AmethystLeslie

1. Probably most important. Is ORAS dead online? I'm talking about battling, trading and stuff like that. I don't want to but AS and then be unable to trade Latias for Latios for example or don't have any online interactions at all.
2. Hidden abilities- I've read that getting them in S&M is much more difficult due to S.O.S system, but these topics were made like half a year ago and I don't know how is it going now. Same for starters hidden abilities. Generally speaking, I found a lot of topics when the game was launched, but now in this year there is very little to see in internet about the game. Is the game stale?
3. I know that sometimes there is a special event organised online(?) where you can get special pokemons like tyranturm with rock head. Obviously, there won't be any for ORAS but there will be for S&M. Does it put ORAS in serious disadvantage?
4. What is better competitive?
5. S&M is still missing a lot of things like for example mega stone for mawile. Will stuff like that be ever obtainable in S&M?
6. Since I've never played any of these games, and this site is for veterans, what would you reccomend me? What has a better feeling, better gameplay, better mechanics and better game after all?
Help me choose my first pokemon game!
PS I know I probably put this topic in wrong place, but I love this site, and I wanted to write it here where people quite know what they are talking about and are competitive instead on some random forum where they would told me go for oras it haz Blaziken LOL

1-Not completely. Servers are alive unlike in Gens 4-5, where those shut down in 2014. I'm sure there are people still playing Gen 6 games, maybe going back and forth from SM or don't have SM yet.

2-Not sure what you're trying to ask here. Getting Hidden Abilities do take quite a bit of effort, and probably a bit more mindless than in Gen 7 (in SOS, you basically have to count each SOS partner that shows up). I can't say if ORAS is stale, since A) it's been ages since I started the AS file i currently have that's at 1350+ hours, and B) I'm a huge fan that doesn't care so much about how the game actually is, I buy for the hype and stay for the online. That's just me, however.

3-Kinda, if only cuz the game is old, and TPCi and Nintendo are pushing SM as the Pokemon games everyone should play. You won't be completely out of luck when events like that end, cuz someone may breed that and give you a Tyrunt with Rock Head, or a Johto/Unova starter with their HA, or other things like that. Good luck with those event legends or stuff with special moves they can't get otherwise, however.

4-That's too vague to answer. Even weaker pokemon have a place in competitive. We do have a section that's just competitive stuff if you have any further questions about that.

5-Yes, they will, in the form of online codes that never expire. Well, people who participate in tournaments will get theirs first, while everyone else waits for the same stones and gets a couple extra stones as a bonus. Also, Mawilite already came out.

6-I'd say Sun and Moon, for sure. If you want updated mechanics, always look towards the latest games. It also has the best plot in the series, because they put in actual effort.

BCVM22

Since I've never played any of these games, and this site is for veterans, what would you reccomend me? What has a better feeling, better gameplay, better mechanics and better game after all?

Unless you absolutely must play a Hoenn game and intend to transfer all your useful Pokémon ahead after you finish, there's minimal gain to starting a current effort in OR/AS. If all things are equal, start with Sun or Moon.

AmethystLeslie