• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is Foul Play's damage also affected by the user's and the target's physical stats?

AmethystLeslie

Is Foul Play's damage also affected by the user's and the target's physical stats?

Well, what it does is attack with the OPPONENT'S physical Attack stat, instead of its own.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
ty
Does a receiving date of event pokes doesn't correspond with the dates of serebii's index (but have the right ribbon) mean that they are hacked?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it's based on the date on the system receiving the gift, so the date can be whatever without meaning anything

AmethystLeslie

Even if the pokemon is legit, that ribbon has to be hacked out so it can be Wonder Traded/GTS'd.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Yes. I'm speaking of event pokes that are received through regular trades and whether there is a certain way for knowing whether they were hacked or not

AmethystLeslie

Yes. I'm speaking of event pokes that are received through regular trades and whether there is a certain way for knowing whether they were hacked or not

If you get it from a Link Trade, the only way to know it was hacked is if something is noticeably amiss. Wrong moves (out of what it can legally learn), wrong ball, wrong/no ribbon, OT is different, nicknamed, encounter thingy is wrong, if it's shiny (depends on event), just so happens to have Pokerus and 6IVs, full EV spread, competitive moveset, competitive held item, and its recommended nature.

Assuming everything seems to check out. Then the only way to know for sure is if proof is provided. If there is no surefire proof, but the event looks perfect otherwise, it still doesn't mean it's hacked for sure. Then it all depends on whether you're okay with just the latter circumstance.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thank you
Why doesn't nown have a level when it appears on showdown?

Because it is Lv 100. Pokémon in Showdown that have a Level of 100 won't have their levels displayed while they're in battle.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ty
Do paralyzed pokes have higher chances to be flinched?

No, but effectively yes.

No, the chance of a flinch will be same.

However, Since to inflict Flinch your Pokémon would need to be first, the Speed dropped introduced by Paralysis will mean that the Pokémon intended to be flinch will be slow enough to be hit before it moved.

Pokémon like Serene Grace Togekiss where known for the "Para-Flinch" combo. It's gotten slightly weaker due to the changes to Paralysis. (Link to a Smogon page about this move set: http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/togekiss/ou/ )

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Silly question but it's about the look upon the starts 3DS theme. Are the constellations used in the theme based on real life constelations or are they made-up for the theme?

KitsudaNagisa

Which Pokemon does each trainer see as their very best friend in the world? As in their "follow me" Pokemon.
Example: Ash and Pikachu

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Silly question but it's about the look upon the starts 3DS theme. Are the constellations used in the theme based on real life constelations or are they made-up for the theme?

Most are based off of real constellations, with many of the Pokémon there also referring to real constellations.

Some, like Lunala, aren't representative of one specific constellaiton and are only present due to their connection to space.

@KistudaNagisa
No way to know what the main is of every single Trainer. You could think of it as just whoever is their highest Levelled Pokémon, or has been shown to have a bond with, but there is just no way to know and is too broad a question.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Most are based off of real constellations, with many of the Pokémon there also referring to real constellations.

Some, like Lunala, aren't representative of one specific constellaiton and are only present due to their connection to space.

Thanks.

Could you help identify which are based on real-life constellations? The only ones I could guess are:

Machoke carrying Seviper - Ophiucus (?)
Murkrow - Corvus/Crow
Lycaronc - Wolf (?)

Which Pokemon does each trainer see as their very best friend in the world? As in their "follow me" Pokemon.
Example: Ash and Pikachu

Define "each trainer"? Are you refering to the characters from the anime? From the games?