• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

AmethystLeslie

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Couldn't XY players use ORAS execlusive mega stones at all, or they could do so had they got any of them?

AmethystLeslie

What happens if you attempt to transfer Missingno or a Mew obtained via the Mew glitch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuvQrswKskk This is what will happen.

Couldn't XY players use ORAS execlusive mega stones at all, or they could do so had they got any of them?

Most of them can't be traded. However, Blazikenite, Latiasite, and Latiosite can be used in XY due to Blazikenite being an event item, and the Lati stones are in the code of XY, but they were only given to ORAS players. Therefore, they can be used in XY via trading from ORAS and no need to hack them in.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is baton pass on yanma/mega illegal? I cant see it listed anywhere

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Is baton pass on yanma/mega illegal? I cant see it listed anywhere

That seems to be the case. The Yanma line cannot learn Baton Pass by level up or breeding nor were there any events featuring a Baton Pass Yanma/mega.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Are the Gen 2 games available on the Virtual Console, and if so is the GS Ball event a possibility?

Nockturne

The release date for G/S on the VC is September 22nd. And I suppose anything is possible but they released Gen 1 "as was" in 1998 (aside from Jynx's sprite in Yellow ad updated trading mechanics) so I don't think they'll bother to include the GS ball event, especially because event Pokemon don't count towards dex completion. I hope I'm wrong though, I always thought it was shame there was no way to get Celebi in its debut game.

AmethystLeslie

GS Ball event was only in Crystal.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know that the Salazzle card distribution at Gamestop has already ended, but when is the deadline for US codes?

I have an extra card that I've been trying to give to my friend, that's why I ask.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Very soon and no, respectively.

Unfortunate, I wished to finally have an opportunity at a legitimate shiny Celebi

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Got a quick question. Recently decided I wanted to play Fire Red all over again, but this time I wanted to send some eggs from my Leaf Green version. Apparently I can't trade any.

So my question on what I'm doing wrong: Is it because I am at the very beginning of Fire Red? Do I need a National Dex pretty much? or do I need to do something else in Leaf Green?

I tried to google it but I was getting mixed answers so I came here. Thank you!

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Got a quick question. Recently decided I wanted to play Fire Red all over again, but this time I wanted to send some eggs from my Leaf Green version. Apparently I can't trade any.

So my question on what I'm doing wrong: Is it because I am at the very beginning of Fire Red? Do I need a National Dex pretty much? or do I need to do something else in Leaf Green?

I tried to google it but I was getting mixed answers so I came here. Thank you!

I'm guessing you're trying to trade eggs that hatch into something that wasn't one of the first 150 pokemon. You'll need the national pokedex, or at least helped Celio set up that machine on one island, in FireRed to do that.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I'm guessing you're trying to trade eggs that hatch into something that wasn't one of the first 150 pokemon. You'll need the national pokedex, or at least helped Celio set up that machine on one island, in FireRed to do that.

Surprisingly, naw. Its a dratini and a rhyhorn egg. If it's from the first 150, then what's the problem with them? :c

Nockturne

Surprisingly, naw. Its a dratini and a rhyhorn egg. If it's from the first 150, then what's the problem with them? :c

They probably restricted trading eggs till after you get the Nat Dex as a way of stopping people trading eggs of Pokemon that aren't from the original 150. It must just have seemed simpler to ban all eggs rather than coding a way for the games to check what was in the egg.

Speaking of eggs, in gen 4 at what point is the nature of a Pokemon in an egg determined? Is it when you get the egg or when the egg hatches?
Like say I wanted to SR for a specific nature Riolu in Diamond, do I save before Riley gives me the egg or right before it hatches?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
They probably restricted trading eggs till after you get the Nat Dex as a way of stopping people trading eggs of Pokemon that aren't from the original 150. It must just have seemed simpler to ban all eggs rather than coding a way for the games to check what was in the egg.

Again, you can't trade eggs of any sort in FR/LG until you get the National Dex.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trade#FireRed_and_LeafGreen

Ah, well gonna hatch and trade them over then <.>' Thank you!