• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Speaking of eggs, in gen 4 at what point is the nature of a Pokemon in an egg determined? Is it when you get the egg or when the egg hatches?
Like say I wanted to SR for a specific nature Riolu in Diamond, do I save before Riley gives me the egg or right before it hatches?

The details of what's in the egg (species, gender, nature, IVs etc) are generated as soon as you receive the egg, so you need to save beforehand if you want to SR.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Since Protect is such a game maker move, in what situations would u prefer using it over a coverage move/ support move?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is it possible for the starter Espeon/Umbreon/Eevee in Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD to be shiny, if only down to chance?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

AmethystLeslie

They cannot be obtained shiny via Ranch. Mew can still be shiny from the Emerald event, and Phione can hatch shiny, however.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
When a flying-type is smacked down, does it temporarily lose stab bonus for its flying moves?
Pretty sure Smack Down has no effect on the pokemon's type. It just cancels immunity to ground attacks and has the ability to cancel Fly and Bounce. Flying types should still get their STAB.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pretty sure Smack Down has no effect on the pokemon's type. It just cancels immunity to ground attacks and has the ability to cancel Fly and Bounce. Flying types should still get their STAB.

Does Gravity have the same effect on Flying types, or is it something different?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Does Gravity have the same effect on Flying types, or is it something different?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Grounded

Pokemon that have the Flying-type, the ability Levitate, are holding the Air Balloon, or have used Magnet Rise or Telekinesis are considered "ungrounded", meaning they are immune to most Ground attacks.

Pokemon without Flying-type or Levitate, or that are holding the Iron Ball or are under the effect of Smack Down, Thousand Arrows, Ingrain, or Gravity are considered "grounded" and can be hit by Ground attacks.

So it's pretty much the same. Gravity increases accuracy, however.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Grounded

Pokemon that have the Flying-type, the ability Levitate, are holding the Air Balloon, or have used Magnet Rise or Telekinesis are considered "ungrounded", meaning they are immune to most Ground attacks.

Pokemon without Flying-type or Levitate, or that are holding the Iron Ball or are under the effect of Smack Down, Thousand Arrows, Ingrain, or Gravity are considered "grounded" and can be hit by Ground attacks.

So it's pretty much the same. Gravity increases accuracy, however.

Do Roost Pokemon lose their Flying type or are they merely grounded?

Also, in the original Generation II what determined the color of shinies?

AmethystLeslie

Do Roost Pokemon lose their Flying type or are they merely grounded?

Also, in the original Generation II what determined the color of shinies?

1-They lose their Flying typing for a turn.
2- Nothing, really. You find them shiny, and they look that color. It was the programmers that deemed it so.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
1-They lose their Flying typing for a turn.
2- Nothing, really. You find them shiny, and they look that color. It was the programmers that deemed it so.

I fail to see certain Pokemon like Ursaring and Garchomp were purposefully given their shiny coloration by the sprite artists

AmethystLeslie

I fail to see certain Pokemon like Ursaring and Garchomp were purposefully given their shiny coloration by the sprite artists

Well, believe it. That's how it happened, they approved it, and whether it looks nice or not, they deemed it to be okay.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do people who download both Gold and Silver get two Celebi codes, or one?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is it possible to evolve Eevee into Sylveon without dealing with pokemon amie?

In Gen 6, no.

In Sun and Moon, Pokémon Amie has been replaced by Pokémon Refresh, which is more or less the exactly the same. And No, you must use Refresh in Sun and Moon to get Sylveon.