• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There is a day counter with the HGSS Safari Zone I've heard about. When waiting for a certain Pokemon is available, what is the starting date of said waiting?

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
How could the player change the avatar that appears on gts and so forth on umsum?

AmethystLeslie

How could the player change the avatar that appears on gts and so forth on umsum?

The closest thing is changing your outfit or retaking the picture in your Trainer Passport.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So I wanted to get an Oshawott with Sacred Sword, but the only way to get it is via egg move and the only way to do that is to get a Smeargle to Sketch it. Problem is, the Muskedeer trio doesn't have it in their moveset upon fighting them, so how do I get Smeargle to Sketch it? Does Sketch work in a "competitive" battle and keep afterwards? Any suggestions?

BCVM22

Find an in-game double battle and send out Smeargle and one of the Musketeers. Smeargle can use Sketch on an ally just like it can an enemy.

AmethystLeslie

So I wanted to get an Oshawott with Sacred Sword, but the only way to get it is via egg move and the only way to do that is to get a Smeargle to Sketch it. Problem is, the Muskedeer trio doesn't have it in their moveset upon fighting them, so how do I get Smeargle to Sketch it? Does Sketch work in a "competitive" battle and keep afterwards? Any suggestions?

Find an in-game double battle and send out Smeargle and one of the Musketeers. Smeargle can use Sketch on an ally just like it can an enemy.

I know the postgame-only battle of Morimoto and Iwao is a repeatable double battle, and might be the only one in the game. Also, the Honedge family and Kartana can also learn the move, if you wanted someone else to Sketch from.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I know the postgame-only battle of Morimoto and Iwao is a repeatable double battle, and might be the only one in the game. Also, the Honedge family and Kartana can also learn the move, if you wanted someone else to Sketch from.

Oh, good idea! I didn't think about that! I'll try that out.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Then it's probably the retaking of the trainer passport pic that I meant for, thx.
How to change the text that appears below one's avatar while interacting with him?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Am I wrong or it is not possible to stay connected to the internet on usum without leaving the festival area?

You're not wrong about the game only being connected to the internet while you are in the festival plaza. But if your system is within range of any wifi you've connected it to, your system is still connected to the internet and able to do things in the background. Ever notice your orange light flashing while playing? That one means one of your friends has come online, which your system can only know if it is connected.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Back in ORAS, one could play the game and be online at the same time. Isn't it odd that they sorta went one step backwards by doing this?

What’s the deal with Zeraora? I have only seen sun and moon up until their visit to kanto so I’d rather not be spoiled.

AmethystLeslie

What’s the deal with Zeraora? I have only seen sun and moon up until their visit to kanto so I’d rather not be spoiled.

Zeraora is an Electric-type mythical Pokemon exclusive to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

TipptheRipper

Hoenn Champion
Apologies if the question has been asked before, it's a fairly dated one.

So I've been playing Pokémon Platinum for a while now, mainly to get Giratina, Dialgia, and Palkia, but I just learned the regi trio is also in the game. I'm very intrigued by the possibility of getting a level 1 Regigigas. Can anyone tell me whether using the physical Action Replay thing for the Fateful Encounter Regigigas would break my game? I was thinking of entering the code to "borrow" the event Regigigas, get the trio, and then go after the Regigigas in game.

TL;DR: can I be successful physically entering the Action Replay code with my Platinum cartridge to obtain the old Fateful Encounter Regigigas and then use it to get the regi trio in-game? Is that unethical?

BCVM22

TL;DR: can I be successful physically entering the Action Replay code with my Platinum cartridge to obtain the old Fateful Encounter Regigigas and then use it to get the regi trio in-game? Is that unethical?

Use of cheating devices should never be considered the answer to anything and should be avoided at all costs.

How could I get my FC on usum?

Your Festival Coins are handed out as you obtain them from the various plaza NPCs, as always.

Your Friend Code can be found by tapping the orange smiley face icon across the top row of the home screen of your 3DS, as always. It is a system wide code, not exclusive to any given game.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I presume that in Diamond and Pearl, a honey tree cannot be reset for a different species of Pokemon. But can it be reset for a different gender? I ask because I seek female Combee

AmethystLeslie

I presume that in Diamond and Pearl, a honey tree cannot be reset for a different species of Pokemon. But can it be reset for a different gender? I ask because I seek female Combee

From what i understand, you can soft reset for gender, shininess, nature, and all that, just not for getting a different pokemon.