• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have been trying to breed Tyrogue from Hitmonchan that will be able to evolve into different Hitmons. How do I make sure the offspring don't just become more Hitmonchan in future?

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I hate to rely on things like expensive vitamins to complete the dex
You can gain certain EVs while training it up. I would use Serebii's Pokedex site to determine Attack from Defense EVs.

For example, if you want a Hitmonlee, fight a punch of Mankey. For Hitmonchan, fight Geodude.
For Hitmontop, find out how much which stat normally becomes bigger, and try to even it out with EVs from the lesser of the two stats.

This is harder to do in GSC, where all stats are rewarded, but I would find enemies with a big difference between Attack and Defense like Shuckle or something.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
I was thinking about buying a Japanese copy of Platinum, HG and Black so I can MM on these older generations. Will these games be able to be played on my Australian DS consoles?

Last edited:

BCVM22

The DS was region-free, but the 3DS is not, so factor that in depending on your actual hardware.

Could you perhaps not manually change your text color? Purple text on the default green background is hard on the eyes.

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
The DS was region-free, but the 3DS is not, so factor that in depending on your actual hardware.

Could you perhaps not manually change your text color? Purple text on the default green background is hard on the eyes.
Thank you! my DS Lite and DSI XL should work then. And apologies! I use a different theme, I've edited the text :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Another quick question. Do I need to complete Black/Black 2 to see/catch Zekrom in my White 2 for my dex? Or is there an NPC that can show it to me for the entry?

One of the Team Plasma grunts in B1F in the middle left cabin of the Plasma Frigate will let you see both Reshiram and Zekrom in the Pokédex.

Last edited:

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
If a mystery gift has been received before an event has expired, but I want to try SR'ing after it's through, will I still be able to SR? (it's currently waiting for me in the poke center)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If a mystery gift has been received before an event has expired, but I want to try SR'ing after it's through, will I still be able to SR? (it's currently waiting for me in the poke center)

Yes, you should be able to SR at any time, as long as you still have the Event card on your game. I could in theory SR a Celebii in Diamond, despite the event being done for a long while.

EDIT: It's not theory. I actually can.

Ascended Dialga

Do US/UM use the same Pickup chart as S/M?

Shiny Rokon

Where can I get king‘s rock in ultra sun/moon aside from beating the principal of the trainer‘s school?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Where can I get king‘s rock in ultra sun/moon aside from beating the principal of the trainer‘s school?

Wild Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Slowbro, Politoed, Slowking, Hariyama and Hawlucha have a 5% chance of holding one and the King's Rock can also be bought at the Battle Tree for 32 BP.

AmethystLeslie

This is what Bulbapedia tells me:

"Battle Tree (32 BP); held by wild Poliwhirl (5% chance), wild Poliwrath (5% chance), wild Politoed (5% chance), wild Slowbro (5% chance), and wild Hariyama (5% chance)"

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
Is there any way to manipulate the suspension period after an unsuccessful link trade? I've been waiting for more than 3 hours now

AmethystLeslie