1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. NO!

25 vote(s)
    61.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Forbidden Snowflake

Forbidden Snowflake take it out on me

Do pokemon in the lago gain exp. by default while being there, or it requires some upgrade for them to level up there?

2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Shiny hunter

The Pokémon you put there, specifically in Isle Evelup if they take the Level Boost Drink, which does not require any upgrades to get as long as you have access to the island, will gain EXP while being there but it the amount of EXP gained per Pokémon will be random. The sort of upgrade for this is the total number of Pokémon you put there, which is a maximum of 18 at Level 3 Isle Evelup.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. Forbidden Snowflake

Oh I understand.
    I wonder why people here ask for dex entries that are non-event mons in the forums when they could simply write those names in the gts..

4. Forbidden Snowflake

Do all EU 2DS consoles have the same entrance for the charger in them or they differ from one another?

5. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

All 3DS/2DS consoles can use the same charging lead, I believe you can use a US console with a European charger. Most 3DS/2DS Chargers will be made for a certain country's own wall sockets. So a 3DS intended for sale in the UK will have a British Plug in the box for consoles with a Charger.

6. Forbidden Snowflake

Thanks.
    What is the average lifetime of such a charger? I can't say whether it is my charger that is defected, the console, or the both of them.

7. Nutter t.KK

I'm not sure.. I believe that 9 years and counting for some of the DSi/3DS Chargers, (It's been about 9 years since DSi Launch as the 3DS/2DS uses the DSi Charger). However, I believe the internals often last decades. I'm willing to bet the Charger internally very similar to the GBA SP one, which was released in 2003, and many of those still work fine.

Most of the time, when chargers fails is either down to a defect in Manufacturing of a component, or power spike, or more likely physical damage due to poor handling.

If kept properly Chargers often last longer than the battery it is to charge.

8. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Does the Rainbow Rocket episode trigger automatically after you catch the two exclusive Ultra Beast, or is their another way to trigger it?

This question is a bit subjective but: How hard is the Rainbow Rocket episode if you don't use legendaries of your own, provided you can save up your Z-move on them?

9. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Yeah, Sophocles comes to your house after you catch the two Ultra Beats on Poni Island.

For me, the boss fights were decently hard. I definitely struggled some and had to re-challenge some of them. Giovanni was extremely hard for me. His Mega Mewtwo Y swept my team numerous times before I finally defeated him with the help of some Pokemon from Bank.

10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

In Diamond and Pearl what Pokemon can you get through Super Rod you could not find with the other rods. And where can you find them?

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinnoh/

Check the page for any location with fishable water and if there's a discrepancy between the Pokémon available with the various fishing rods, they'll be listed as such.

12. RedJirachi

Programming-wise, how come Spinda has over four BILLION patterns?

13. Nutter t.KK

It's because the Personalty value is unsigned 32-bit number, which has 4,294,967,295 values. The Method to create the spots uses all the entire Personality Value and then creates 4 spots based on which the value of each byte or 8-Bit number.

More info here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value#Spinda.27s_spots

14. RedJirachi

Another programming question: Are Unown forms determined by randomness or not?

15. Mega Altaria

In some games, there is a method to determine Unown forms but in other games it seems to be more random because there is not enough research done on what determines Unown forms. Unown forms were determined by its IVs in Gen 2 and by its personality value in Gen 3. In Gens 4 and 5, a separate byte is used to determine the Unown form.

16. Forbidden Snowflake

Are trade participators notified/ able to know anyway else when their partner checks the pokemon they are offering on usum?

17. Mega Altaria

No trader gets notified if their trade partner checks the summary of the Pokémon the trader is offering.

18. RedJirachi

Does anyone know how dense Cosmoem is? It's 5 cm in radius and about a ton in weight, can I please get a rough estimate?

19. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Approximately 1909090,9958678 kilogram/cubic meter

20. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

How many codes does the March Pokemon Newsletter give you for Regigigas/Heatran?

I think it would just be one for one game, but I'm not 100% sure.