• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you for the reply, having the EV buff going to 8 EVs in gen 7 is a bit peculiar to forget when i go back to previous gen games. would you happen to know what the state of the PSS is at this point? last time i logged in a few months back a few accounts/gameflies were hacked into ie pokemon center logo or a blank avatar. im aware it wont affect my save files X/OR but what sort of things do i need to be aware of given some players have taken some programming "liberties"?
The only thing you can't use is Game Sync due to the shutdown of the Gen 6 Global Link. All other online features, like the GTS, Battle Spot and Wonder Trade, are functioning as usual, except Rating Battles and Online Competitions cannot be accessed in Battle Spot. Interacting with these players wouldn't impact with your save file in any way but still keep a high alert on these players.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I heard somewhere that the maximum base stat something can have is 255, is this correct? If so, why?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I heard somewhere that the maximum base stat something can have is 255, is this correct? If so, why?
The maximum base stat is 255 because Blissey's base HP is 255 and we don't see a base stat higher than that. The best I can explain that are each base stat for a Pokémon are assigned 8 bits or 1 byte of data and that allows a total of 256 combinations of data for each. This data is represented in binary so each bit will consist of a 0 or a 1 e.g. 0 base 2 = 0 base 10, 1 base 2 = 1 base 10, 10 base 2 = 2 base 10, 11 base 2 = 3 base 10, 100 base 2 = 4 base 10, 1111 1111 base 2 = 255 base 10. For that case, the lowest that can be assigned is 0 and the highest 255 for unsigned integers and therefore the highest base stat we have is 255.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The only thing you can't use is Game Sync due to the shutdown of the Gen 6 Global Link. All other online features, like the GTS, Battle Spot and Wonder Trade, are functioning as usual, except Rating Battles and Online Competitions cannot be accessed in Battle Spot. Interacting with these players wouldn't impact with your save file in any way but still keep a high alert on these players.

never used the global link system in gen 6 anyway so im fine with that. i didnt bother to do rating battles so im fine with those being closed down. as for those players, thank you, i'll avoid trading/interacting with those players should they try to initiate a battle/trade.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
never used the global link system in gen 6 anyway so im fine with that. i didnt bother to do rating battles so im fine with those being closed down. as for those players, thank you, i'll avoid trading/interacting with those players should they try to initiate a battle/trade.
Yeah I remember you had to have a Game Sync ID for your game to participate in Rating Battles. But other than that you should be fine.

Kage-Pikachu

How angry would you be if someone made a wish for Pokemon to become real but an evil genie only brought Magikarp permanently holding Everstones to life?

lol, or Ditto with Transform permanently Disabled

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah I remember you had to have a Game Sync ID for your game to participate in Rating Battles. But other than that you should be fine.

i was oblivious to the game sync in gen6. used it in gen7 Sun to get the battles/missing mega stones and rarely used them since my team didnt do well in gen7 battles. got some good battles but overall it was mediocre.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What's the formula for how base stats of a Pokemon will translate to their actual stats in the game, minus any ability/STAB/move modifications?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What's the formula for how base stats of a Pokemon will translate to their actual stats in the game, minus any ability/STAB/move modifications?
Since Gen 3,

For HP: (Level x (2 x Base Stat + IV +EV/4))/100 + Level + 10

For other stats: ((Level x (2 x Base Stat + IV +EV/4))/100 + 5) x Nature

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

For Hitpoints:

HP stat = floor[floor(2* species-HP-stat + IV + EV/4)*Level/100] + Level + 10

for other stats

stat = floor({floor[floor(2*species stat + IV + EV/4)*Level/100]+5} * nature)

where the floor function always rounds down. Nature is 1.1 for beneficial nature, 0.9 for a nature that lowers the stat, and 1 otherwise.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What's the chance of two of the same Pokemon species having the same nature, IV, EV, and nature, aka can two Pokemon truly be the same?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What's the chance of two of the same Pokemon species having the same nature, IV, EV, and nature, aka can two Pokemon truly be the same?
Assuming that every IV, EV and Nature has a equal chance of being selected:

Probability of one Pokémon having a particular EV, IV and Nature, assuming no restrictions on EVs = (1/31)^6 * (1/25) * (1/252)^6 = 1.759894296 e -25

Probability of both Pokémon having identical EVs, IVs and Nature, assuming no restrictions on EVs = ((1/31)^6 * (1/25) * (1/252)^6)^2 = 3.097227932 e -50

It is expected that the probability will increase for the 510 sum restriction for the EVs and it will decrease for either Shiny or non-Shiny Pokémon, in which the probability will be halved. EVs can be adjusted flexibily and without taking into consideration of EVs:

Probabilily of a Pokémon having a particular IV and Nature = (1/31)^6 * (1/25) = 4.50702356 e -11

Probabilily of both Pokémon having identical IVs and Nature = ((1/31)^6 * (1/25))^2 = 2.031326137 e -21

Still higher and it shows that it’s really difficult to obtain two identical Pokémon in the game.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
what is the trick to the swarm system in HG? im trying to get to a Ralts swarm but i dont know how many times you need to refresh the channel or just how many daily swarms there are. i know Black2 has only 1 pokemon/route swarm per day, im not sure what the formula in HG is.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
what is the trick to the swarm system in HG? im trying to get to a Ralts swarm but i dont know how many times you need to refresh the channel or just how many daily swarms there are. i know Black2 has only 1 pokemon/route swarm per day, im not sure what the formula in HG is.
https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/swarms.shtml
One Pokemon swarm per day. You can check Prof. Oak Radio show every day. Unlike Gen 5, the Swarms are more or less fixed, and can't be Soft reset. So in answer to your question, No.

If I needed a Ralts ASAP, I'd to get one of the Sinnoh games, as you can either PokéRadar in DP on Route 203 and South end of 204, or have a 20% to 10% chance to find them on Route 208 and 209 in Platnium. https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/280.shtml#hg (That's assuming I don't have a member of the Ralts line already, in either Gen 3 or 4.)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What's the farthest anyone can theoretically travel in the Ultra Wormhole game

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What's the farthest anyone can theoretically travel in the Ultra Wormhole game
Theoretically the distance should be unlimited but the highest I’ve heard from practice goes up to almost 8000 light years. So I’ve haven’t heard of anyone going above 9999 light years.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/swarms.shtml
One Pokemon swarm per day. You can check Prof. Oak Radio show every day. Unlike Gen 5, the Swarms are more or less fixed, and can't be Soft reset. So in answer to your question, No.

If I needed a Ralts ASAP, I'd to get one of the Sinnoh games, as you can either PokéRadar in DP on Route 203 and South end of 204, or have a 20% to 10% chance to find them on Route 208 and 209 in Platnium. https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/280.shtml#hg (That's assuming I don't have a member of the Ralts line already, in either Gen 3 or 4.)

so does the first route/pokemon mentioned in the HG radio program end up being the daily swarm? im not in a huge rush for the Ralts, i SR'd a timid Ralts in B2 but its in a regular pokeball. im trying to get a female Ralts in a friend ball in HG and also get some ev training (power items in HG) done on that Ralts in HG before sending it forward to B2. the confusing part in HG swarms in the radio program is that they list 4 pokemon per "reset". picking out the normal habitat/common pokemon of the 4 is whats getting me. im trying to get a team trained/raised to take on the battle subway in B2.

i only have yellow, silver, HG, B2, W2, X, OR, Sun, UM. lol that a few games to name but yeah, ive fallen back to gen4-6 at this point. im procrastinating on UM battle agency lvl 42 (50 goal) and havent played in in 2 weeks or so.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
so does the first route/pokemon mentioned in the HG radio program end up being the daily swarm? im not in a huge rush for the Ralts, i SR'd a timid Ralts in B2 but its in a regular pokeball. im trying to get a female Ralts in a friend ball in HG and also get some ev training (power items in HG) done on that Ralts in HG before sending it forward to B2. the confusing part in HG swarms in the radio program is that they list 4 pokemon per "reset". picking out the normal habitat/common pokemon of the 4 is whats getting me. im trying to get a team trained/raised to take on the battle subway in B2.

i only have yellow, silver, HG, B2, W2, X, OR, Sun, UM. lol that a few games to name but yeah, ive fallen back to gen4-6 at this point. im procrastinating on UM battle agency lvl 42 (50 goal) and havent played in in 2 weeks or so.
Yes, the Pokémon announced for the swarm will be the same swarm for the rest of the day until midnight for Gen 4 games. So if a Zigzagoon swarm is announced then if you reset your DS without saving then it will still be Zigzagoon that you’ll encounter in the swarm.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes, the Pokémon announced for the swarm will be the same swarm for the rest of the day until midnight for Gen 4 games. So if a Zigzagoon swarm is announced then if you reset your DS without saving then it will still be Zigzagoon that you’ll encounter in the swarm.

thank you very much, that clears up the confusion alot. the 2nd-4th announcements are just normal pkmn.

im doing some BP grinding in HG battle tower, did 2 7-round battles in doubles and got 3 bp after each 7 battles. do the single battle BP gains multiply exponentially with every 7 win streak? the most i got was 26 consecutive wins back when i first got HG. i never got around to the gold/50 streak. only managed beat 21 streak 3x.

lol, im remembering the hard way one thing i hate about gen4, single use TMs....... im used to my newer move sets in newer gens and im trying to tweak around my older gen4 movesets with BP and single Tm location limits. lol, timid Gardevoir with calm mind, psychic, shadow ball and magical leaf are so OP.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you very much, that clears up the confusion alot. the 2nd-4th announcements are just normal pkmn.

im doing some BP grinding in HG battle tower, did 2 7-round battles in doubles and got 3 bp after each 7 battles. do the single battle BP gains multiply exponentially with every 7 win streak? the most i got was 26 consecutive wins back when i first got HG. i never got around to the gold/50 streak. only managed beat 21 streak 3x.

lol, im remembering the hard way one thing i hate about gen4, single use TMs....... im used to my newer move sets in newer gens and im trying to tweak around my older gen4 movesets with BP and single Tm location limits. lol, timid Gardevoir with calm mind, psychic, shadow ball and magical leaf are so OP.
I think for Single Battles at the Battle Tower for every set of 7 battles you clear you get 3 BP and you get 20 BP after you defeat Palmer in the 21st and 49th consecutive battles. And it's not an exponential increase and for the battles other than Palmer at the end it's always 3 BP.