• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is it possible to breed 2 or more egg moves onto hg/ss baby pokemon or in b2/w2? i couldnt get 2 egg moves in hg.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
is it possible to breed 2 or more egg moves onto hg/ss baby pokemon or in b2/w2? i couldnt get 2 egg moves in hg.
I think you can but these Egg moves must be inherited from the father or the male Pokémon used in breeding. Note that TM and HM moves that are part of the father’s moveset the baby can learn can also be inherited.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think you can but these Egg moves must be inherited from the father or the male Pokémon used in breeding. Note that TM and HM moves that are part of the father’s moveset the baby can learn can also be inherited.

thats a bit complicated in my case, i got both male and female oddish with synthesis and another line with teeter dance. the female has 1 move the male has the other move. it took the male's em. i cant combine the 2 as both pkmn in the daycare with the same gender dont produce an egg. i did settle for teeter dance as gloom gets moonlight later on. i could try pairing the oddish with a ditto to get both synthesis and teeter dance.

is there pokerus in HG? if so does it have that extra icon on it?

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thats a bit complicated in my case, i got both male and female oddish with synthesis and another line with teeter dance. the female has 1 move the male has the other move. it took the male's em. i cant combine the 2 as both pkmn in the daycare with the same gender dont produce an egg. i did settle for teeter dance as gloom gets moonlight later on. i could try pairing the oddish with a ditto to get both synthesis and teeter dance.

is there pokerus in HG? if so does it have that extra icon on it?
The Pokérus does exist in HeartGold and both icons for it are included.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
thats a bit complicated in my case, i got both male and female oddish with synthesis and another line with teeter dance. the female has 1 move the male has the other move. it took the male's em. i cant combine the 2 as both pkmn in the daycare with the same gender dont produce an egg. i did settle for teeter dance as gloom gets moonlight later on. i could try pairing the oddish with a ditto to get both synthesis and teeter dance

Yes, in the old days breeding is a bit weird in that egg moves can exclude one-another based on what potential moves parents can learn. Essentially you need a father who knows both egg moves (which can be anything in the same egg group, but it has to be able to get both the egg moves, either by levelup or by breeding one of them to it). In your case Moonlight essentially does the same as Synthesis so is an adequate replacement, and Oddish also gets Synthesis as a move tutor move in HGSS. B2W2 didn't change how egg moves are transferred, it took until XY before mothers were able to transfer egg moves.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The Pokérus does exist in HeartGold and both icons for it are included.

thank you for the reply, looks like i wasnt lucky to come across it in HG by chance. i got lucky in X that i got pokerus without a trade.

Yes, in the old days breeding is a bit weird in that egg moves can exclude one-another based on what potential moves parents can learn. Essentially you need a father who knows both egg moves (which can be anything in the same egg group, but it has to be able to get both the egg moves, either by levelup or by breeding one of them to it). In your case Moonlight essentially does the same as Synthesis so is an adequate replacement, and Oddish also gets Synthesis as a move tutor move in HGSS. B2W2 didn't change how egg moves are transferred, it took until XY before mothers were able to transfer egg moves.

egg moves breeding is indeed a bit tricky in gen4->5. the oddish should be fine as i got a good substitute for a healing move. LOL here i thought going from gen 1->2->4->6->7 would be a bit confusing to get used to because they all have new mechanics/improvements. going back to previous generations can be equally confusing as the easy shortcuts the newer gens had arent there.

though having only 18 pkmn storage boxes does annoy me at times. i need to clear up some space. i got 2.5 boxes open at best with some wiggle space.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you for the reply, looks like i wasnt lucky to come across it in HG by chance. i got lucky in X that i got pokerus without a trade.
It has a 3 in 65536 chance of being generated so it’s harder to get than shiny Pokémon. It’s existed since Gold and Silver.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It has a 3 in 65536 chance of being generated so it’s harder to get than shiny Pokémon. It’s existed since Gold and Silver.

i only got 1 random shiny in HG and then 3 more outside mount silver as that was my main training ground. im not surprised i havent come across pokerus, dont think i was aware of it before gen6.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
i only got 1 random shiny in HG and then 3 more outside mount silver as that was my main training ground. im not surprised i havent come across pokerus, dont think i was aware of it before gen6.
Yeah you shouldn’t really be. Also there’s no way you can tell until you obtain it and then view its summary screen, so you might have missed out on one in one encounter.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah you shouldn’t really be. Also there’s no way you can tell until you obtain it and then view its summary screen, so you might have missed out on one in one encounter.

if anything, im just glad i didnt miss out on my first shiny ever in a pokemon game. a random shiny seel encouter in the cave, nearly missed it out but something felt off about that particular seel so i went ah captured it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
if anything, im just glad i didnt miss out on my first shiny ever in a pokemon game. a random shiny seel encouter in the cave, nearly missed it out but something felt off about that particular seel so i went ah captured it.
Well I meant finding Pokémon with the Pokérus, not finding shiny Pokémon. But at least shiny Pokémon can be seen by their sparkles as soon as they are encountered and are easier to detect in encounters than wild Pokémon with the Pokérus.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Well I meant finding Pokémon with the Pokérus, not finding shiny Pokémon. But at least shiny Pokémon can be seen by their sparkles as soon as they are encountered and are easier to detect in encounters than wild Pokémon with the Pokérus.

yeah, i got that point. its more the fact that i missed the initial sparkle on the seel and the normal and shiny difference is very hard to spot on most occasions. still white with small color differences.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In Pokemon Fire Red, how can my Drowzee (speed 22) be able to successfully land hypnosis on Abra (speed 24), without Abra even moving first?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Pokemon Fire Red, how can my Drowzee (speed 22) be able to successfully land hypnosis on Abra (speed 24), without Abra even moving first?
In that case, because Teleport has a priority of 0, Abra should be able to flee before Drowzee lands Hypnosis. There is no mechanic in the game that increases the failure rate of Teleport if the user’s level is lower than that of the wild Pokémon.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In that case, because Teleport has a priority of 0, Abra should be able to flee before Drowzee lands Hypnosis. There is no mechanic in the game that increases the failure rate of Teleport if the user’s level is lower than that of the wild Pokémon.
Yeah, so what's going on? Were the stats calibrated after it was caught or something?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, so what's going on? Were the stats calibrated after it was caught or something?
Are you sure you only used Drowzee to catch the Abra? Other than that it’s definitely a really weird one.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
How in the hell do you speed run Omega Ruby in just 3 hours?

I know you pick Mudkip because he low diffs all of the early game, and X items are clearly involved, but am I missing something?