• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Nockturne

Do codes for legends expire?
Like am I on a clock to finally pick up a copy of US/UM lest I miss out on Zeraora, or is it more like as long as I get the code from GAME it'll be valid indefinitely?

BCVM22

Every code this year has has an expiration date, usually about three to four months after the distribution. Zeraora's October distribution likely gives you until December or January to redeem a code.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Do codes for legends expire?
Like am I on a clock to finally pick up a copy of US/UM lest I miss out on Zeraora, or is it more like as long as I get the code from GAME it'll be valid indefinitely?
I believe it has happened to every Legendary code that was distributed at stores. As BCMV22 said they expire around three to four months after the final day of distribution. So that means you can get Zeraora even after the distribution period has ended as long as you get USUM by around January.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Xerneas and Yvetal aren't shiny locked in Ultra Sun and Moon right?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Xerneas and Yvetal aren't shiny locked in Ultra Sun and Moon right?
Ultra Wormhole Legendaries/Ultra Beasts are not shiny locked so you can soft-reset for a shiny one.

Satomi

Are Gijinkas allowed here?
IMG_20181007_131623.jpg

Ball: Speed Ball

Moves: Feint, Hi no Ko(Small Flame), Low Kick(I think that's what it's called), and Baton Touch.

From the GTS.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
IMG_20181007_131623.jpg

Moves: Feint, Hi no Ko(Small Flame), Low Kick(I think that's what it's called), and Baton Touch.

From the GTS.
Although the exact leveling is a bit suspicious for a breeded Pokemon with Baton Pass, I have no clue. It's the GTS system afterall. You can't trust what you get is legal there.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
IMG_20181007_131623.jpg

From the GTS.
Merged your thread with our questions thread sticky.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
IMG_20181007_131623.jpg

From the GTS.
Technically it is legal as Combusken appears as an Island Scan Pokemon in Ultra Sun/Moon. Its ability is Blaze so there are no red flags there though it is possible to get a Speed Boost Torchic in a Speed Ball by breeding a male Torchic in a Speed Ball with a female Speed Boost Torchic.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In Pokemon Fire Red, how can my Drowzee (speed 22) be able to successfully land hypnosis on Abra (speed 24), without Abra even moving first?
I think I came up with an answer, but it would be great if I had vertification.

I believe after I received the Thunder Badge, I got that badge speed boost and my Drowzee was able to outspeed the Abra.

Can anybody verify this?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think I came up with an answer, but it would be great if I had vertification.

I believe after I received the Thunder Badge, I got that badge speed boost and my Drowzee was able to outspeed the Abra.

Can anybody verify this?
Badge boosts do exist in Gen 3 and stats are increased by 10%. I believe in FRLG, a Thunder Badge is required to get a stat boost in Speed so I guess it's the stat boost that resulted in the outspeed.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Badge boosts do exist in Gen 3 and stats are increased by 10%. To get a boost in Speed, you must have a Soul Badge so that means you would have already beaten Koga. The Thunder Badge boosts Defense instead.
That actually is right.

Darn, just when I thought I figured out this weird phenomenon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That actually is right.

Darn, just when I thought I figured out this weird phenomenon.
But then one more question. Do you already have the Soul Badge? I found conflicting sources on that stats the Thunder Badge raised and the Soul Badge raised. I changed the original answer in case.

EDIT: Looking at gameplay footage, I can confirm that in FRLG, the Thunder Badge boosts Speed.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
But then one more question. Do you already have the Soul Badge? I found conflicting sources on that stats the Thunder Badge raised and the Soul Badge raised. I changed the original answer in case.

EDIT: Looking at gameplay footage, I can confirm that in FRLG, the Thunder Badge boosts Speed.
I don't have the Soul Badge.

I looked at my original Leaf Green manual, and it does say that the Thunder Badge increases speed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't have the Soul Badge.

I looked at my original Leaf Green manual, and it does say that the Thunder Badge increases speed.
I'm sure that effect is correct in Generation 3, specifically FRLG. The other effect was only in Gen 1 and it was a glitch effect.

Niormon

I'm legitimately thinking about if a should apply for a position at the pokemon company and if so I wonder what chance I would have to get hired.

BCVM22

Depends. Was the job listing posted legitimately and publicly? Do you meet the qualifications set forth in the job listing? If so, good luck!

If neither of the above are the case, then... *shrug*

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is that possible 'to load' another mystery gift while I already have one pending which I haven't picked yet?
There's a limit to how many you can have waiting at the deliveryman (I think it's something like 64 or so), but you can load in more mystery gifts before picking up previous stuff from the deliveryman.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There's a limit to how many you can have waiting at the deliveryman (I think it's something like 64 or so), but you can load in more mystery gifts before picking up previous stuff from the deliveryman.
The limit is 48 Wonder Cards in any Gen 7 game.