• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
To get the Solid Board, you have to wait until Saturday (3DS clock) and then go to the rooftop of Lilycove Department Store to buy your Sturdy Board because that is the time when the Rooftop Sale happens. If you want to get the Stairs, go to the southwestern treehouse at Fortree City and talk to the Lass inside.

thank you very much. i guess others didnt figure it out for the sturdy board also. i see some secret bases on my game that were filled in that didnt have a sturdy board so they had areas they couldnt use. in my case i need the stairs for the rustuf tunnel.

EDIT: is it possible to change or update my secret base Qr code? I made it already but didnt know that the battle team was determined at that point. It's not the 3 Pokemon I want on the team. i did manage to update the data but does a picture of it need to be taken again?

Last edited:

Keith Peh

Hmm, just a random thoughts.

Any one feel that their game may be broken because you couldnt get your shiny after so many soft resets / random encounters?

Sometimes you even received the same pokemon over and over again?

This is for generation 3 though. I have tried shiny hunting the starters from the generation 3

I got shiny torchic about 3 hrs of SR in the ruby version

I spend 3 days trying to RNG on an emerald version because i never think of using that frame to hit my shiny treecko frames, i hit the shiny zigzagoon and frame and use that as a base

I spend about 2 weeks trying to get a shiny mudkip on sapphire version.

Now i trying to shiny hunt on Fire Red but aint getting any lucks, it has been for a months or so..

i going to move on to the other generations soon.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I know the Lati in ORAS that you're required to catch is shiny locked, but what about the other one you get through Eon Ticket?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I know the Lati in ORAS that you're required to catch is shiny locked, but what about the other one you get through Eon Ticket?
The Lati you get via the Eon Ticket isn’t shiny locked and can be hunted for a shiny. You can hunt it by keeping on running away from it until it shines.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
No Lati in ORAS is shiny locked as there's video proof. It's just too much of a pain in the butt to get the story ones to shine because of the forced cutscenes and battle.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
how do you level up your secret base in oras? do you also have any say on who the default trainers that'll wait in your base will show up on other players' games when they visit them?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
how do you level up your secret base in oras? do you also have any say on who the default trainers that'll wait in your base will show up on other players' games when they visit them?
Just take flags from other bases. Interact with their flag in the other bases to take them. You can rank up by taking more flags. I think you can pick Trainers to be in your base but when your base appears in another game, these Trainers have a default team and their original team isn’t kept.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just take flags from other bases. Interact with their flag in the other bases to take them. You can rank up by taking more flags. I think you can pick Trainers to be in your base but when your base appears in another game, these Trainers have a default team and their original team isn’t kept.

thank you for the reply, i did chose 4 players's avatars to put in my base for their pkmn roster. i guess thats why their default team has such varied levels. though i guess the higher my base is ranked their default teams will have a higher level. i only have around 70 flags so its not very high.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you for the reply, i did chose 4 players's avatars to put in my base for their pkmn roster. i guess thats why their default team has such varied levels. though i guess the higher my base is ranked their default teams will have a higher level. i only have around 70 flags so its not very high.
I think their default teams stay the same regardless of level. I think you’ll need 1000 flags to get the highest rank, the Platinum Rank.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think their default teams stay the same regardless of level. I think you’ll need 1000 flags to get the highest rank, the Platinum Rank.
thanks, i doubt i'll go for 1k flags, i dont have a use for the megastone prize it offers to begin with. i will get more flags as i do make a few rounds in other bases to raise my teams' levels to 100 but im not too crazy to hit platinum rank.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thanks, i doubt i'll go for 1k flags, i dont have a use for the megastone prize it offers to begin with. i will get more flags as i do make a few rounds in other bases to raise my teams' levels to 100 but im not too crazy to hit platinum rank.
I think that without the Level Release, the level cap of your Pokémon is Lv 50. You'll need it if you want you want to battle Lv 100 Pokémon in Secret Bases.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think that without the Level Release, the level cap of your Pokémon is Lv 50. You'll need it if you want you want to battle Lv 100 Pokémon in Secret Bases.

thank you, thats some very useful info. i was wondering how that worked in the first place. lvl 50 is fine but im still only getting 4-5K xp from the legends on my chosen secret base invites/friends.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you, thats some very useful info. i was wondering how that worked in the first place. lvl 50 is fine but im still only getting 4-5K xp from the legends on my chosen secret base invites/friends.
To get it you'll have to go to one of the cabins at the Battle Resort and talk to a Battle Girl. She'll give a Level Release to you and then you'll be able to face off against Lv 100 Pokémon iin Secret Bases.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
To get it you'll have to go to one of the cabins at the Battle Resort and talk to a Battle Girl. She'll give a Level Release to you and then you'll be able to face off against Lv 100 Pokémon iin Secret Bases.

thank you very much, i'll go find that NPC and do that.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
What is the least valuable Pokémon on the GTS when excluding basically every first and second form Pokémon caught on Meleemele?

My girlfriend says Mimikyu because everyone has one and the GTS is often over saturated with them, and they almost never get traded when they aren't shiny.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Ultra Beasts that can be caught infinitely.

Unless they're max level or close to it, your request gets drowned out by the 100's of other people who want actual legendaries who of course aren't technically infinite.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
just how many secret bases can you have on your list? i removed a few bases a week ago , i refreshed the messages and found new ones but i didnt count how many i removed and gained as well as i could. i just noticed that one base on route 121 that wasnt friended is now gone and the other vacant ones opened up.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
just how many secret bases can you have on your list? i removed a few bases a week ago , i refreshed the messages and found new ones but i didnt count how many i removed and gained as well as i could. i just noticed that one base on route 121 that wasnt friended is now gone and the other vacant ones opened up.
The most I remember I had on my list was around 30. I don't remember exactly how many because it's been a long time since I counted but for sure I think you can have up to 30 favourites on your list.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The most I remember I had on my list was around 30. I don't remember exactly how many because it's been a long time since I counted but for sure I think you can have up to 30 favourites on your list.

thank you for the reply, 30 sounds about right, i wasnt able to add a QR code for a base a few weeks ago because there were too many on the list. what surprised me the most is that some bases are removed/replaced if not friended.