• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you for the reply, 30 sounds about right, i wasnt able to add a QR code for a base a few weeks ago because there were too many on the list. what surprised me the most is that some bases are removed/replaced if not friended.
I usually get new ones from connecting to the Internet on a daily basis. I think I usually lose some as each day passes but I don't know how many and how often.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I usually get new ones from connecting to the Internet on a daily basis. I think I usually lose some as each day passes but I don't know how many and how often.

thank you for confirming that, it wasnt me going crazy and forgetting the locations of the previous bases.

EDIT 25/11/18

i just did a battle with my OR file against a player in doubles (6 pkmn option). im playing the game in ITA so i didnt catch the note to have 6 pokemon and i chose 4 pkmn instead. thats my fault entirely but i still managed to beat their 6 pokemon with a bit of strategy. it was a bit tough to win but when i went to review the battle vids i noticed that player was playing XY. my OR team had no ORAS exclusive moves/items on it so i got a notice that mentioned the other player could have a XY file. i didnt know what it meant when it popped up.

does this ORAS VS XY vs battle compatibility work if i was playing XY VS an opponent with ORAS? this is presuming that ORAS player has no ORAS exclusives.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Dumb Headcannon time before I do something stupid in a fanfic story.

Combees are a swarm related pokemon that do what ever Vespiquen wants.

Is it too much of a stretch to say the males are mindless/ simple minded drones while the females are more sentient? After all, the females evolve into a monarch and grow from there

RedJirachi

Veteran member
More a reminder, but before Gen VI what was the reason behind the shiny colorations? Some come off as kind of random

nel3

Crimson Dragon
some of the shiny colors are simply inverted colors, blues turn pink for the most part

i have 1 question myself, does unburden work even after you use up your item and then switch it out. when you bring it back in will the speed still be doubled?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
some of the shiny colors are simply inverted colors, blues turn pink for the most part

i have 1 question myself, does unburden work even after you use up your item and then switch it out. when you bring it back in will the speed still be doubled?
No.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

thank you very much, i guess it would be too OP if it did reactivate. i'll guess it'll need to remain as a clean up pokemon set.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
thank you very much, i guess it would be too OP if it did reactivate. i'll guess it'll need to remain as a clean up pokemon set.
Yes, Unburden is definitely broken if the effect remained permanent. If that Pokémon was a sweeper then it would be almost unstoppable. And that's why a Pokémon loses its Unburden boost upon switching out.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes, Unburden is definitely broken if the effect remained permanent. If that Pokémon was a sweeper then it would be almost unstoppable. And that's why a Pokémon loses its Unburden boost upon switching out.

yeah, i was messing around with a fling Kings rock Hawlucha a while ago and it cleaned up pretty well in that case. though HA talonflame was pretty broken in gen6 also, gen7 fixed that.

shoz999

Heheheh. Slurpuff... the most evil Fairy-type Pokemon to ever exist... at least in singles anyway and if you discount legendaries.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
yeah, i was messing around with a fling Kings rock Hawlucha a while ago and it cleaned up pretty well in that case. though HA talonflame was pretty broken in gen6 also, gen7 fixed that.
Yeah, Unburden Hawlucha can be deadly after two Swords Dances with the Unburden boost especially in Singles.
Heheheh. Slurpuff... the most evil Fairy-type Pokemon to ever exist... at least in singles anyway and if you discount legendaries.
It definitely has amazing sweeping potential but it doesn't go too well against healthy Fire-type or Steel-type Pokémon.

Either way, Unburden is definitely an Ability to watch out for and it shouldn't be underestimated.

shoz999

Yeah, Unburden Hawlucha can be deadly after two Swords Dances with the Unburden boost especially in Singles.

It definitely has amazing sweeping potential but it doesn't go too well against healthy Fire-type or Steel-type Pokémon.

Either way, Unburden is definitely an Ability to watch out for and it shouldn't be underestimated.
Yeah but the thing is unlike a lot of other Pokemon, Slurpuff literally just needs one turn to get both a double speed and maximum attack boost.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah but the thing is unlike a lot of other Pokemon, Slurpuff literally just needs one turn to get both a double speed and maximum attack boost.
But it still has its advantages and disadvantages regardless. The quick setup is definitely an advantage but it can still be mitigated with status conditions if they are used on the right turns. But then once you have set it up, you'll have to sweep straight away.

shoz999

But it still has its advantages and disadvantages regardless. The quick setup is definitely an advantage but it can still be mitigated with status conditions if they are used on the right turns. But then once you have set it up, you'll have to sweep straight away.
But the thing is with Belly Drum and Unburden done successfully, Slurpuff can potentially win the entire match. In fact I may even argue it's the best belly-drum user because it has the lowest risk, the halving of it's HP being in someways more of a benefit to it's ability than a con which is why Slurpuff is kind of a gamble still, just not luck-based but a strategic gamble during switch-outs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But the thing is with Belly Drum and Unburden done successfully, Slurpuff can potentially win the entire match. In fact I may even argue it's the best belly-drum user because it has the lowest risk, the halving of it's HP being in someways more of a benefit to it's ability than a con which is why Slurpuff is kind of a gamble still, just not luck-based but a strategic gamble during switch-outs.
There is a potential to win from the start but like many other Pokémon it is better and safer to sweep once you have taken out or weakened its biggest threats. Experienced players can predict when Slurpuff is going to use Belly Drum and they can turn it into dead weight if you're not careful enough. And you'll have to set up in a turn and for turns where Slurpuff is the least vulnerable to its threats like burns and paralysis (which will cancel out the Unburden boost). But still it can learn Drain Punch where it can be used to heal itself on the go. But still I would say it's definitely one of the easier Belly Drum users to use but you'll still have to use it right to use it effectively.

shoz999

There is a potential to win from the start but like many other Pokémon it is better and safer to sweep once you have taken out or weakened its biggest threats. Experienced players can predict when Slurpuff is going to use Belly Drum and they can turn it into dead weight if you're not careful enough. And you'll have to set up in a turn and for turns where Slurpuff is the least vulnerable to its threats like burns and paralysis (which will cancel out the Unburden boost). But still it can learn Drain Punch where it can be used to heal itself on the go. But still I would say it's definitely one of the easier Belly Drum users to use but you'll still have to use it right to use it effectively.
Fair enough but what I'm saying is Slurpuff is such an effective sweeper because all it takes is one bad predicted match-up for it to setup during switch-ups or right from the start and even if you manage to stop it, that one bad prediction can still risk destroying over half your team if your not careful.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fair enough but what I'm saying is Slurpuff is such an effective sweeper because all it takes is one bad predicted match-up for it to setup during switch-ups or right from the start and even if you manage to stop it, that one bad prediction can still risk destroying over half your team if your not careful.
Yeah I would say that the Unburden and Belly Drum combo gives Slurpuff amazing sweeping potential but still I had to say that it still does have counters but the risks of it being countered can be minimised to go for an unstoppable sweep.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Hey, I used to play a lot of Pokemon years ago on the DS generations but I was never able to get into the 3DS games (largely because my interests changed I guess). I want to try the newest generation of games but I think I would enjoy it a lot more if I was able to battle players and challenge the Battle Tower/Subway equivalent with my old Pokemon that I spent ages breeding and training.

This brings me to my question:
Is it possible to get my legit Pokemon from Gen5 into the newer games? With WiFi connection for DS games down that means I can't just use PokeBank right? If that's the case, is there a way that I could clone them into the newer games and have them appear as legit (so I can use them online and stuff)?

shoz999

I believe you don't need DS wi-fi service for BW. You just need two cartridges and Pokemon Bank which has to go online for 3DS online service. The thing is however this is a one-way transfer but the best part is there is no limitations like previous transfers so you can transfer as much Pokemon as you want.