1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Profesco, Aug 7, 2010.

?

No

1. No

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. NO!

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

An application for the 3DS is required to transfer Pokémon from the Gen 5 games to Pokémon Bank. It’s called Poké Transporter and can only be downloaded through Pokémon Bank once you have started an active subscription. You won’t need a DS Wi-Fi connection to transfer Pokémon because you’ll be using your 3DS to connect to the Nintendo Network servers, which are currently online, and the shutdown didn’t affect these servers.

All you’ll have to do is to have a Gen 5 game inserted into your 3DS with the Pokémon you want to transfer in the first PC box of that game. Open the Poké Transporter application and once you’ve established a connection to the servers, you’ll be given an option to transfer all the Pokémon in Box 1 in one go. You won’t be able to transfer only a few of them. And if you want to transfer more than 30 Pokémon at once, you’ll have to transfer your Pokémon on separate occasions with a maximum of 30 Pokémon per occasion. All of the items the Pokémon are holding will be placed in the bag of your Gen 5 game since held items are non-transferable.

Once you have done a successful transfer, they’ll all be placed in a ‘Transport Box’ in Pokémon Bank, where you’ll have to open Pokémon Bank to access that box. But to access the main features of Pokémon Bank, you’ll need a Gen 6 or a Gen 7 game either installed in your 3DS as a digital copy or as a cartridge inserted into your 3DS, in this case you’ll have to remove the Gen 5 cartridge to insert the Gen 6/7 cartridge. You’ll have to take Pokémon out of the Transport Box if you want to transfer more Pokémon and if you used a physical copy to access Pokémon Bank, you’ll then have to remove the 3DS cartridge once you’ve closed Pokémon Bank and then once you’ve moved the next batch of Pokémon you want to transfer into Box 1 of your Gen 5 game (and saving afterwards of course), then make sure you have that Gen 5 cartridge inserted into your 3DS and do another transfer as usual.

2. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

just where is the event for the gen7 custap berry?

3. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Just connect to Mystery Gift and select Get from Internet.

4. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

yeah i just did that now and have another issue.... i literally didnt start up any of my gen7 games up in months and i see that my ground weakness berry patches i planted many months ago were stuck at 47h:49min just now. i gotta wait 1 day now for the patches to clear out so i can get around to planting the custap berry to have more. not that the custap berry release makes it useful to me at this point... ive picked up the pokemon games once in a while in the past few months and it was nearly all gen6 for those instances. only twice including now did i start up my UM file to get the ash hat pikachu and the custap berry. i'll just put the custap berry into the pokepelago and then give it to my Aggron set that was useless for 2 year until now and save the file. then i'll just shut off the 2ds and put the UM game cartridge into its case after i hve planted/grew around 100 custap berries. i'l likely then remember that the last ever produced pokemon game came out on November 2014.

while on the topic of gen7, i know that back in gen7 i was able to leave my ds off for 2 days or more and still have the pokepelago berries still continue to grow. it looks like there is a requirement for minimal activity ingame for the times to stay active. i guess 5 minutes in +6 months of inactivity is insufficient LOL.

5. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Have you changed your DS time in the meantime? All in-game timed events freeze if you change the DS time for a couple of days, and that timer only starts once you boot up the game and save again.

6. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

thank you for the reply, i wasnt sure how the timer worked as i had in the past played the game frequently enough to not notice that. its only when i left the game idle for too long that i notice some things.

as per the DS time change, no. occasionally i pretty much was letting my ds run a gen6 game for some time when i did something else just to discharge the batteries so i can "exercise" them. i noticed the DS systems didnt really hit a full charge 100% capacity if i left them off for too many weeks. i dont touch the DS time settings, too much hassle do so. all i need to know is that the time will be correct 50% of the year and the other 50% its 1hr off of the actual time.

7. Shockking

Shockking i dont know anymore

OK thanks for your explanation. Do we know how/if transfers to Gen 8 games will work? I don't want to transfer mons I liked off the game I have memories with just to play online games only to have them trapped in a game I don't care about when the next gen comes out this year.

8. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

We know nothing about Bank for any of the titles on the Switch other than it will probably come at some point, as they designed Bank as a cloud service for the sole purpose of futureproofing it.

There is, however, no reason to believe it will work terribly differently than the 3DS version of the front-facing app.

9. Mega Altaria

We don't know how Pokémon will be transferred to Gen 8 or even how we can get Pokémon Bank on the Switch. Eventually we will know once the time comes but it's definitely not now. What I'm sure about is something like that will eventually come by the end of the year once the Gen 8 games have come out.

10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

What Ultra Wormhole areas does the Dusk Ball have a x4 effectiveness(aka count as caves)?

11. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Don't think any of them do, only at night.

12. Mega Altaria

I think the Cave World is where Dusk Balls have improved effectiveness since it’s a cave. Not really sure really.

13. Tophe clyne

Tophe clyne Active Member

In pokemon XY what's the episode where ash and Serena first meet again?

14. shoz999

shoz999 ... Don't laugh.

Episode 5, the first Gym Battle episode.

15. Tophe clyne

Tophe clyne Active Member

What's the pokemon XY episode where Serenas fenniken evolves?​

16. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

17. RedJirachi

I have a frustrating with Tyrogue since it's hard for me to predict what it will evolve into without force-feeding it vitamins. What natures means the Pokemon will most likely end up as Hitmontop?

18. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

If you want a decent nature that doesn't raise either Attack or Defense, then Careful is probably your way to go.

Also, you don't want the Attack and Defense IVs to be too different from each other (i.e. 31 Attack, 0 Defense).

To counter any difference, you can EV train if you are playing Ruby/Sapphire onwards.

Look up Pokemon that give you Attack EVs if your Defense is higher and vice versa.

19. RedJirachi

If I want my Odd Egg or Kiyo Tyrogue to become Hitmontop in Crystal, what should I do? In addition, where can I find the Odd Egg in Crystal?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  20. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded Ask me anything

What are remaining Pokemon with hidden abilities that are still only available through Dream World/ trading?

I know Burmy and Hippoptas are two of them off the top of my head.