• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
What are remaining Pokemon with hidden abilities that are still only available through Dream World/ trading?

I know Burmy and Hippoptas are two of them off the top of my head.
The most notable ones I can remember are all the fossil Pokemon and the Hoenn/Sinnoh starters bar the Torchic and Chimchar lines.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well the Kanto and Sinnoh fossils aren't really true because the former is available via virtual console, and Sinnoh's in Black and White 2.

But thank you.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Kanto and Kalos starters have a chance of their Hidden Abilities in the Friend Safari, the Forces of Nature have access to their Hidden Abilities through Dream Radar which you can still purchase, the bird trio, Mewtwo, Johto starters, beast trio, Lugia and Ho-oh can be obtained with their HA through the virtual console's Pokemon RBY and GSC. To date, you cannot actively get fossil Pokemon with Hidden Abilities, the Regi or Creation trio with Hidden Abilities, and the Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Alola starters with Hidden Abilities without trading, the Dream World, events, or having multiple physical games.

DLeck6211

Furniture of law enforcement
I don't know where this question goes so I put it in this thread just to be safe

Barry's Survival Area team's levels go up by 10 once I beat the Pokemon League 10 times, but I've beaten them 15 times so far and his levels are still the same as the first time I battled him, what is going on?

KillerDraco

I don't know where this question goes so I put it in this thread just to be safe

Barry's Survival Area team's levels go up by 10 once I beat the Pokemon League 10 times, but I've beaten them 15 times so far and his levels are still the same as the first time I battled him, what is going on?

What version are you playing? It's only 10 times in Platinum, but in Diamond and Pearl, it's 20 times.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How does trading work on Virtual Console games?

Znieh

So last year I was doing some wonder trades and I received a Zeraora. At first I was very excited, but recently I was doing more research and I discovered that it's most likely a hacked Pokemon, being that event Pokemon can't be wonder traded or GTS being that their event ribbon prevents it. So after doing some looking at my event Pokemon I found some missing ribbons and got rid of them. But when I looked at my Zeraora I discovered it had it's Wishing Ribbon, and when I tried to trade it on GTS it said I couldn't trade it due to it being a special Pokemon. So is it a hacked Pokemon or can event Pokemon be traded via Wonder Trade but not GTS? Also if they can't how did the Zeraora get traded to me with it's event ribbon? Also this Zeraora seems to be the Japanese event Zeraora, being that I received it before the American event and also during the actual Japanese one, also all it's info seems to line up with what I can find.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive recently bred a Bellossom with strength sap and tried a few casual test battles to test the limits. it easily recovers +75% hp within the first 2 consecutive hits on the same opponent pokemon. 3-4x consecutive strentgh sap doesnt recover to much. i thought i would only get max 100hp return on strentgh sap in battles ie the opponents' attack stat but its clearly not that calculation to determine the HP return. how does it work?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
ive recently bred a Bellossom with strength sap and tried a few casual test battles to test the limits. it easily recovers +75% hp within the first 2 consecutive hits on the same opponent pokemon. 3-4x consecutive strentgh sap doesnt recover to much. i thought i would only get max 100hp return on strentgh sap in battles ie the opponents' attack stat but its clearly not that calculation to determine the HP return. how does it work?
The HP restored is based on the effective Attack stat of the target just before the move hits. Under Normal Conditions, the target Pokémon effective attack stat is reduced after each time Strength Sap used, the HP restored is also reduced.

If your Opponent used Swords Dance, a common move to Boost attack, then you used Strength Sap, it should restore more HP.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Pokémon will restore HP equal to the Attack stat of the opponent including stat boosts before the Attack reduction.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The HP restored is based on the effective Attack stat of the target just before the move hits. Under Normal Conditions, the target Pokémon effective attack stat is reduced after each time Strength Sap used, the HP restored is also reduced.

If your Opponent used Swords Dance, a common move to Boost attack, then you used Strength Sap, it should restore more HP.

The Pokémon will restore HP equal to the Attack stat of the opponent including stat boosts before the Attack reduction.

Thank you for the replies, i like the move alot though bellosom doesn't have too wide of a spa move pool....

DONUT_

I have a Pokemon Y team that consists of:

Greninja - Surf, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Grass Knot
Venasour - Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Leech Seed
Aegislash - Iron Head, Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword, King's Shield
Crobat - Acrobatics, Fly, Cross Poison, X-Scissor
Heliolisk - Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Surf
Garchomp - Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Crunch

I was wondering what natures I should use for all of them and if you guys have any slight move changes.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I have a Pokemon Y team that consists of:

Greninja - Surf, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Grass Knot
Venasour - Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Leech Seed
Aegislash - Iron Head, Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword, King's Shield
Crobat - Acrobatics, Fly, Cross Poison, X-Scissor
Heliolisk - Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Surf
Garchomp - Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Crunch

I was wondering what natures I should use for all of them and if you guys have any slight move changes.
Greninja - Timid Nature
Venusaur - Bold Nature
Aegislash - Sassy/Relaxed Nature
Crobat - Jolly Nature
Heliolisk - Timid Nature
Garchomp - Jolly Nature

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So in Pokemon Adventures RGBY, the PC Admin Bill had a southern accent. In the Japanese release of Pokemon Adventures RGBY, I believe he also had some kind of Japanese accent of the country too. In Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee, Bill surprisingly has the southern accent too and I assume it's similar in the Japanese release. With that being said, did Bill also had this accent in the original Gen 1 games cause I don't remember.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is this new Box event the only place you can get HA on Oranguru and Passimian?
Passimian and Oranguru didn’t have SOS encounter slots so their HAs weren’t available in-game. So Bank is the only way to get their HAs.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So in Pokemon Adventures RGBY, the PC Admin Bill had a southern accent. In the Japanese release of Pokemon Adventures RGBY, I believe he also had some kind of Japanese accent of the country too. In Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee, Bill surprisingly has the southern accent too and I assume it's similar in the Japanese release. With that being said, did Bill also had this accent in the original Gen 1 games cause I don't remember.
Hiya! I'm a Pokémon... ...No I'm not! Call me Bill! I'm a true blue Pokémaniac! Hey! What's with that skeptical look? I'm not joshing you, I screwed up an experiment and got combined with a Pokémon! So, how about it? Help me out there!"
"No!? Come on, you gotta help a guy in deep trouble! What do you say, chief? Please? OK? All right! When I'm in the Teleporter, go to my PC and run the Cell Separation System!"
  • After helping him
"Yeehah! Thanks, bud! I owe you one! So, did you come to see my Pokémon collection? You didn't? That's a bummer. I've got to thank you... Oh here, maybe this'll do. That cruise ship, S.S.Anne, is in Vermilion City. Its passengers are all trainers! They invited me to their party, but I can't stand fancy do's. Why don't you go instead of me?"
  • After returning to his house
"Look, bud, just check out some of my rare Pokémon on my PC!"

I guess he kind of does?