• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Akashin

I've always read as "Ar-see-us". If I recall that's what the japanese dub had used for Arceus' movie appearances.

My brain always wants to read it that way, but between the RKS System and Galar driving the point home with RKS Laboratories (Arceus Pharma in the Japanese version) in Poke Jobs, "Ar-kee-us" seems to be accepted as the correct pronunciation.

xrick

Hi everyone. Got a question to anyone interested.

If Arceus created new Pokémon from its plates, what kinds of species do you think each new Pokémon could be?
And in which ways could they seem to relate to Arceus?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Instead of creating a new thread I figured this would be the best place to ask this question. We've seen various areas of Japan depicted in the Pokemon world as regions. In your opinion are there any other real life areas in Japan that could be a future Pokemon region?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've heard there was Shikoku left. But that was long ago. The only thing I remember is that one of the portions of PokéJapan had been used for Orre (I think it was the one which connected Johto to Hoenn) but I didn't went that deep into it so I might be completly mistaken.

BCVM22

Game Freak seldom comments at all about most facets of the game. At most, one of the producers or designers will give the odd interview or provide some individual insight on their personal social media, but by and large we are seldom given deep insight into any facet of the design and development.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
If two players had a Seadra and traded them to each other, would they both evolve into Kingdra at each player's end? Same with any other Pokémon that requires trading to reach their final evolution, e.g. Graveler and Haunter.

The only thing I remember is that one of the portions of PokéJapan had been used for Orre (I think it was the one which connected Johto to Hoenn) but I didn't went that deep into it so I might be completly mistaken.

Isn't Orre based on Arizona in the USA?

Rune Knight

How were people meant to get all of the starters in order to complete the pokédex back in Red/Blue (and before Yellow)?

No breeding, so they would have to either buy alternate versions/copies of the games or trade each starter evolution stage individually, but I'm sure that there must have been a simpler method.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Which are the largest and smallest regions in the Pokémon world respectively? I always felt that Johto and Alola were rather small, but Johto kind of compensates for its small size by being physically connected to Kanto.

How were people meant to get all of the starters in order to complete the pokédex back in Red/Blue (and before Yellow)?

No breeding, so they would have to either buy alternate versions/copies of the games or trade each starter evolution stage individually, but I'm sure that there must have been a simpler method.

They probably would've traded with someone who chose a different starter to them and then evolved that starter all the way to its final form. That was kind of the point of the games when they first came out.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

Which are the largest and smallest regions in the Pokémon world respectively? I always felt that Johto and Alola were rather small, but Johto kind of compensates for its small size by being physically connected to Kanto.

They probably would've traded with someone who chose a different starter to them and then evolved that starter all the way to its final form. That was kind of the point of the games when they first came out.
But then the person who traded their starter away would not be able to get the rest of its evolution line for their own Pokédex. They'd have to create a new file entirely.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
If two players had a Seadra and traded them to each other, would they both evolve into Kingdra at each player's end? Same with any other Pokémon that requires trading to reach their final evolution, e.g. Graveler and Haunter.

Isn't Orre based on Arizona in the USA?
If one Seadra is holding a Dragon Scale and gets traded to the other person who accepted the trade, it’ll evolve. For the person who started the trade, the same exact thing will happen to the other Seadra if it’s also holding a Dragon Scale and it’ll evolve into Kingdra.

Rune Knight

I think they just traded them back over just to have it in the pokedex. Otherwise they needed to buy another game to actually have the other mons. At least til Yellow happen.
That would mean that they would have to hold off on evolving their starter until they traded it before trading it back!

Houka

Yeah not much ya could do about it unless you so happen to come across that kid just gave away pokemon and just enjoy restart his/her game. Pokemon Stadium also gave you a chance to get some of those pokemon but I don't remeber if that was before or after Yellow.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Hypothetically can one legally receive a 6IV shiny Naganadel? Being a gift pokemon it's locked to 3iv in both games right?
You could technically get the nature and the shiny in gen 7 but not IV's and the extra suspicious thing is that it was met 01/01/2000. Like I assumed someone just changed their ds date but why would you make it 2000 specifically.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Hypothetically can one legally receive a 6IV shiny Naganadel? Being a gift pokemon it's locked to 3iv in both games right?
You could technically get the nature and the shiny in gen 7 but not IV's and the extra suspicious thing is that it was met 01/01/2000. Like I assumed someone just changed their ds date but why would you make it 2000 specifically.
That’s totally hacked. My philosophy with hacks is that you can keep them for personal use, but don’t trade them or use them in any online battles.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer

Although that one does look highly suspect, you can have a legitimate 6 IV shiny Naganadel. They are guaranteed to be at least 3, but the other three can also be flawless. I for one SRed for a decent nature Marshadow in Sun and got a 4 IV one, and I got a 5 IV Diancie from the first gen VI Diancie gift.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Do you think there are too many pokémon?
And how many new pokémon should be introduced with each gen?
Going by the amount of Pokémon introduced in every new region, introducing anywhere between 70 and 200 new pokemon in a new region sounds like a reasonable amount.

Gen 1: 151
Gen 2: 100
Gen 3: 135
Gen 4: 107
Gen 5: 156
Gen 6: 72
Gen 7: 88
Gen 8: 89